King's Feast Chatter [Participants & Gamblers Only]

Wait wait wait. I was just reading through the dice roll thread bored-ly, and I saw something the site didn't inform me that Syncopy said. Can we actually reroll 6s when we need 1s, or was that a joke?
If that wasn't a joke, I'ma be REAL upset with my notifications alert.

Lmao. I'm apparently terrible at explaining this to people. It makes sense in my head, but it's gotta be me if everyone else is like WTF Jeff. U SUK.

1. Per D1E Rules, which this event is loosely based on, if you rolled a 6, you initiate what is known as Assault Combo Dice. The idea was designed for combination moves/strikes. 
So rolling a 6 would be the start. If you rolled a 5 next, you deal 2x the damage, essentially of one turn. Like a punch with a dagger reversed, and the five is like an uppercut with the blade end. And so on. 4,3,2,1 - until you just mutilate the enemy.

So rolling a 6 is kinda like you get an extra roll - or chance, yes.

Roll is based on the D6.

5 & 6 are Automatic ALL-Player hits.

IF YOU ARE HIT - You gain 1 MARK.

— On boss turn: roll a D6. 5-6 hit all players with a mark.
1 mark does nothing
2 marks instills chaos. If you roll a 3, roll again.
3 marks gives you a +2 to your die rolls.
4 marks initiates "Shot Through The Heart!"
— Roll a 4 and you're ejected from the event (death, coma, whatever your story deems)
— Non-4, you're safe ... for now. Repeat 4 marks each time marked.

The MARKED For DEATH is -ONLY- if you're hit. You gain a mark. And then if you're hit again, you'd have 2 -- etc...

OK so that makes more sense I will negate my previous roll..

I'll try and post something up tonight, or tomorrow or the next day - whatever that day is...

I kinda sorta had surgery yesterday and got home about 9 last night, so I'm a little out of it and don't wanna produce some trash for y'all, lol..

<3 Sorry for the inconvenience.

I think he rolled a 4 and used 2 preps to reduce it down to 2. From the post, it looks like he's writing 6-4=2, but actually the first number is just an indicator that he was using a d6 (if I'm somehow the one misinterpreting this I apologize, but I went back and checked his roll in the dice-rolling thread [It's right before Cipher's] and it was a 4). 

Also, I literally asked this question a little over a week ago:

On 1/29/2018 at 9:26 PM, Prestississimo said:

For clarification, are we allowed to use preps to tune any roll down to the required amount, or are we only allowed to tune down a 2, as the footer for the boss' turn says?

and you replied:

On 1/29/2018 at 10:17 PM, Syncopy said:

You can use 1:1 preps to reduce or add to your rolls.

So hopefully you can excuse me for being a bit confused. For one final time, just getting this completely clear, are we allowed to, say, use 2 preps to reduce a 4 to a 2, or use 3 preps to reduce a 5 to a 2, or are we only ever allowed to use 1 prep per combat for modifying our rolls to the required amount. Sorry for the big long post but I want to get this completely clarified for the rest of the fight.

Also @Chappu I think convention has us linking to our dice roll posts in our King's Feast posts. Just something I noticed when I went back to check your roll. Would be helpful in situations like this to make sure we all know exactly what's going on.

I’ve only spent 2 each one upon up keep and the one previously stored. I didn’t have 4 preps to use I used the other one before hand as well which narrowed me down to 0 then the one prep upon post that I put to my 4 to make it a 3. I did ask about my two prep use on discord and you said it was ok. @Syncopy I’m rather confused my maths been pretty on point so far the Same math I’ve been doing since first form please enlighten me further. Cause at this point I am lost.