supernal

Pre-registration questions for guests

1 hour ago, Guest Just a Russian guy said:

Hello!

I am a Russian roleplayer who wants to try his hand at English writing. The problem is that my current level of English is only B1 or, I am not sure about that, B2... Do you think it is enough?

I have a friend in St. P that is at a B1 level, and, while there's sometimes a disconnect with her, our conversations are intelligible enough. Be prepared to look up unfamiliar words and to privately message people when you run into something you don't understand, and you should be good. This can only help your English vocabulary, so come join us.

Guest Mona

There is an old but very helpful thread in this forum I've seen a long time ago (lost my old account). People share RPing resources, such as the emotion wheels and lots of good things there. Could someone point me to where it is now? Thank you!

1 minute ago, Guest Mona said:

There is an old but very helpful thread in this forum I've seen a long time ago (lost my old account). People share RPing resources, such as the emotion wheels and lots of good things there. Could someone point me to where it is now? Thank you!

Believe this is what you’re looking for 

https://www.valucre.com/topic/21063-useful-writing-resources/

4 minutes ago, LunarCataphract said:

Is this where I should be asking? 

Sure 

This is mostly for people who have questions before making an account. Since you have one you can use the outreach ama but no problem posting here too 

What’s up?

5 minutes ago, LunarCataphract said:

Well. As Lawman said... empires. Can we invent our own? How big can they be? Can they be from a far away continent? 

If you place them in alternative then you can make them as big as you want because there’s no logistical limit there 

In Valucre proper there are those constraints. It’s possible, but there’s a concrete number of known continents for example, each managed by a board leader, meaning that whether they allow the spontaneous creations of empires / kingdoms will vary. So first pick the place that you want to host the setting and then I can put you in touch with the board leader so you can discuss the requirements they may have. Some may ask for x number of posts or threads, or have y size restrictions, so on 

25 minutes ago, LunarCataphract said:

In which case for ease and to expedite things i will go alternative dimension. Thank you.

You’re very welcome 

Once you have it stood up you can advertise for it in the water cooler, use the genre tags in alternative to help people understand broad strokes of your setting, and even join our story / world building club to brainstorm with people (which you can also do in chat) 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.