Valucre
Letherius

Magically Captive

It seemed Adelaide's father was somewhat content with his response, since he leaned back on his seat and took a sip of his coffee. It appeared that the older male would leave him alone for the time being. 

Suddenly a loud ruckus was heard from down the hallway, and two male voices could be heard. "Shut your mouth, Archer. You know it belonged to me, don't give me that shit." Two tall individuals stepped into the room and fell silent at the sight of Zenith. Confusion crossed their features, and they glanced to a father, seeking an explanation. Of course Adelaide hadn't informed them of the new individual living under their roof. 

Thankfully, Adelaide entered with two plates in her hand; she placed one in front of her father before walking over to Zenith and setting it down in front of him. Then she glanced at her brothers then back at Zenith. "Zenith, these two are my brothers. Archer and Farrin. You two, meet my friend." Archer, the taller one of the two greatly resembled their mother in hair and eye color. While Farrin took from his Father. 

Edited by Hani

Zenith looked at the too and gave a smile and wave. "How's it going? Looks like I'm rooming with you guys." He said somewhat nervously, taking the two in. He knew it'd be interesting to live with so many people, especially a family like this, so he decided to take the safe route and keep a positive attitude. "Don't let me stop you please continue." He gave with a smirk.

Adelaide disappeared into the kitchen and returned with two more plates of food. She set them down on the table, before going to go get a plate of her own. 

The two males took a seat, remained silent for a second before a smirk of their owns broke out on their faces. "So, how do you know our sister?" Farris questioned, trying to indirectly figure out while the male was 'rooming' with them as he so put it.

Zenith smirked at their attempt to investigate him, he replied casually " She's a friend, we meet some time back and I ran into hard times, so she decided to help me out. Nothing more nothing less" he brushed his hair out of his eyes, "And trust me, I get the whole protective brother thing, and trust me when I say I won't hurt her."  As if you could stop me if I wanted to. He thought to himself, before inwardly flinching at the hostile thought. Shit it's getting stronger, I need to make sure I'm out of the house when it happens, he gripped his hand under the table, keeping his smile on his face despite the inner conflict.

"So, do I pass your examination or do I need to give my life story" he finished with a raised eyebrow.

Archer arched a brow, the smirk only widenening. "Some time back? How come we've never heard about you?" It wasn't so much that they were trying to go against Zenith, they just wanted to give him a hard time. It was a game to them. "You most definitely won't hurt her with us around." Farrin added as he looked over at Zenith. 

"You don't need to tell them anything." Adelaide interrupted as she gave her brother's a look then took a seat with her plate. Her mother soon joined the table after bringing in her baby sister. "Alright everyone, let's eat." She gave them all a smile. 

Zenith chuckled slightly at that comment, before Adelaides mother walked back in carry the little one.

"Thank you for the meal, it looks delicious." He told her, waiting for everyone else to start eating before. He started eating himself. The food was good, it was clear Adelaides mother could cook very well.  He enjoyed the meal in silence, studying how everyone acted towards each other, he had to stop himself from crying as he had never before thought he would experience this again, after the mages took his family away from him. He clenched his fist in anger wincing slightly as it was his injured hand.

"Thank you Zenith. At least someone compliments my cooking." Adelaide's mother commented as she glanced at her son's with a pointed, yet playful stare. Archer rolled his eyes with a smile present on his lips. 

"Come on ma, you know I love your cooking. I always eat your food!" Farrin butted and just to prove his point, he got a fork full of scrambled eggs and happily ate them. Adelaide's father, despite his harsh behavior towards Zenith, showed love and tenderness to his baby daughter. He took her into his arms and began to feed her from his plate. 

Adelaide noted Zenith's quietness and offered him a reasurring smile before eating her food. 

Zenith smiled at her, enjoying this feeling.

He pointed a question at her father, asking "So what do you do for a living sir?" He took another bite while he waited for an answer, I hope that that's an ok question to ask, I want them to like me. He thought chewing carefully enjoying the taste of eggs. It had been a while since he had had eggs he noted internally.