Valucre
Letherius

Magically Captive

Mr. Rou, Adelaide's father, hid his disappointment quite well as he gave Zenith a small nod. "Perhaps another day then."

"Dad, you remember Mr. Raymond?" Archer questioned while he glanced at his father and casually stabbed through a carrot. "The owner of the antique shop? Of course." Mr. Rou nodded while he furrowed his brows, clearly confused on why he was bringing the old man up. "The king's guards took him away. And his family too." 

Adelaide glanced at her father, who momentarily paused with his cup in midair. "They what?" "They took him for being involved with magic." Archer restated with a small frown. Mr. Raymond had actually been a friend of his father's but due to the troubling circumstances they kept little contact. Adelaide's father set his cup down and cleared his throat, quite shocked at the news. As far as he had been concerned, his friend had been involved in no such things. The King's guards, at this point, were just taking anyone who even seemed a small ounce of suspicious. "When did this happen?" Mr. Rou questioned while he looked to his son. "About two hours ago." Archer answered. 

Adelaide kept her gaze glued to her plate as she recalled witnessing the moment they took the man. No one had moved a single inch to try and help him and his family. No one could, less they wanted to be taken as a prisoner as well. The King was only counting on his subject's fear to keep them controlled. 

Zenith took another bite closing his eyes as if enjoying the food, but his free hand was under the table clenched, sparking briefly with electricity. He was internally roaring in anger, the damnable guard and their tyrant of a king, taking innocents they suspected and taking them, killing any who they thought had magic. They'd pay, oh yes they'd pay, he'd make sure of that.

He unclenched his hand and calmed himself, now was not the time for that. Instead he opened his eyes and continued eating keeping his face neutral. He dint speak for fear of his anger showing, instead he waited for someone else to break the tension that was building.

There was silence throughout the table; everyone lost in their own mind. Ms. Rou was the one to break the silence as she looked towards her grown children. "I don't want you all going out late in the night. Your curfew is 10." In response to the new rule, Arched furrowed his brows and shook his head. "Mom, I have something planned with Darcey. It's not something I ca-" "Listen to your mother, boy." Mr. Rou's voice easily overpowered his son's. 

"The King's guards are scouting the village, and are trying to find anyone who seems to be wielding magic. I do not want them to take you all,so follow the curfew until they leave." Ms. Rou continued while giving her two sons a hard look. She knew that they would try to break the set curfew. "Understood?" She then glanced at the Adelaide and all three of them nodded. 

Zenith felt bad as this was certainly going to a be a rule he'd be breaking, he also felt guilty that he would be leaving them.  He finished his food and gathered it up, standing he got up, "Well I'd better be off, those plants aren't gonna gather themselves." He said with a small grin, "I'll clean my dishes and be off, I should be back before curfew." He nodded his head.

He went to the kitchen and cleaned his dishes and put them away before heading back though the dining room and commenting "thank you for lunch."

He made his way back to his stuff and began organizing it for a long trip. 

Adelaide hurried to finish her lunch, and excused herself a couple minutes after Zenith had. Setting her dish by the sink, she went into her bedroom to find Zenith packing his things. "Zenith..." She murmured while she stepped into the room. "Do you really have to leave so soon?" She questioned while coming to stand a few feet away from him. 

Zenith nodded solemnly, "Aye, it's best I leave soon, before the Kings guards sniff me out." He said before closing his packs and standing up shouldering them as he did. "I'll keep in touch, don't worry" he gave a sad smile as he said this. He was genuinely sad, and wished circumstances had been different. He strode by her and headed to the door.

Adelaide's frown deepened as he stepped past her. "Alright. I hope you find what you're looking for and that you get there safely." She waited until he disappeared from sight to get the backpack she had under her bed. She quickly stuffed some clothes, and a couple of other things before rushing to catch up to the male.