Valucre
Rin

Shattered Glass; Face to Face Against the Beast of Legend

The city of Val Roux felt the cold rain fall. Rin sat there on the fountain ledge watching the people of the city. How they didn't know they would fall among the rest. That they couldn't escape her no matter how hard they tried. The half breed smirked to herself as she wondered what next hero would come out of the woodwork to try and save the land next? That they would fall to her just the same. 

No hero would save the day. All would succumb to her anger and wrath. Even the who did nothing to her. She would tear all asunder and begin again. The land would feel her destruction. Her crimson black orb of an eye watched the townsfolk, knowing their fate was coming by her hands.

And it made her chuckle.

Walking into the city 52 looked around. She wasn't to sure what entirely brought her here at this point. She had heard some thing here and there about some girl running about here but she didn't pay that a lot of attention. Though she was curious about truths held to them. Maybe she was putting herself in more danger and she would have to break her chains again but that wasn't to scary to her. Maybe she wouldn't have to go all out with this rumor if she was a thing. Walking deeper into town she looks down at her hand and the ghostly blue chains hidden among plain sight on her hand. and she runs her other hand through it.

"Hopefully it won't be bad..."

She whispers to herself as she avoids the people as best she can. She wasn't to big on people they would just judge her if they knew what she was capable of and who she really was.

What won't be bad? 

Rin cooed  as she looked at the weird girl before her. Definitely a foreigner but what exactly was she? The half breed didn't know but she wanted to find out. Standing, the half breed eyed her with that eerie crimson black orb of an eye, as if she was peering into her soul.

What brings you to Athentha? A cursed land of broken dreams and hopes.

She smiled at the girl. Though she heard her talk, due to great hearing bred upon her race. But here it intrigued her to see a foreigner travel a land cursed by her hands. The smile remained though behind that eye held anger and resentment towards the land and it's people. Her heart broken by the same people who she once called allies. 

Not many come this way. They blame me for the change. Call me a monster. But I will make the land better and tear them asunder. Show them the darkness they created. 

Rin then started to walk towards the girl. The eerie smile still on her face. Though she hoped this meal would be entertaining before her downfall like all the others.

What do you fear?

Walking along by herself 52 was staying pretty aware of her surroundings and notices Rin's stare and the fact that she starts to follow her. Unwanted attention... not what I was after in the slightest... What do they want? Should I ask... That might be rude... One shouldn't be rude... She thinks to herself and stops. She wasn't to sure what to expect but she wanted to be safe so she focuses her magic to the magical chain around her neck shattering it and freeing parts of her magic and by exstention her seal personality. Though no one around would really notice unless they were focused on her and could use magic... Something toll her though that Rin could see the chins around her ankles and wrists diving into the ground....

Turning around she gives Rin a smile. "Hello... Can I help you, Miss? I notice you have taken a notice to me..." 52 wasn't turned off by the smile and she could just feel something was off... This must be who I was searching for... She doesn't look to bad... But maybe there is more to her... like me... Strike at her... Now... Take her down... The voices were coming now but they were bad and she could easily ignore them at the moment. The price she payed to have access to her weapon....

You could by answering my questions.

Rin said as she stopped for a moment. Noticing the chains she tilted her head. Magic. Yes, that was what she was feeling. Shaking her head, she clenched her right alabaster hand into a fist as she appeared in front of the girl then. She swung the first at the girl's lower jaw. If it connected, 52 would fall on her butt. If not, the half breed would stumble. 

Why are you here?! Why did you come? Do you fear the voices?

Rin growled. She didn't get this woman. Didn't get why she came to a doomed land. It didn't make sense. Yet she wanted to know, understand. This woman, 52, was different. She could feel it. And the half breed wanted to consume and corrupt her like everyone else. Tear her asunder and let her feel the blackness she hid. Rin wanted to show her the monster they called her.

You realise this won't be an easy battle. You will become cursed. You should turn around before it's too late. The land will swallow you whole.

"What do I fear... A lot of things..."

She said as her head tilted and the women through a fist at her which 52 simply stepped away from fairly easily as it was pretty telegraphed by her clenching her fist. It cause the half breed to stumble but 52 took no efforts to strike back at the moment. It didn't seem right to ruin conversation with senseless fighting but she wanted to make an effort to show she would since this women was clearly willing to to. She holds a hand out and slowly a wooden scythe starts to form in her hand from seemingly nothing but black smoke... It appeared fairly ordinary but would give off a fairly odd aura.

"Why does anyone do anything? As for the voices... I do grow tired of them... But maybe you can join me in hearing them soon. Maybe you will push me far enough and you can see my world..."

She says as a twisted grin draws on to her face. Magic is channeled into another chain as she stands there. Soon the shackle on her right hand shatters into a blue shower of shards. Falling to the ground and getting soaked up.

"I am already cursed what is one more if I fail? But I don't intend to fall today. I have such wonderful plans for latter..." She turns her head to look at her weapon as she runs a finger along the blade. "Isn't that right? We will have lots of fun..."

Silly girl...

Rin said as she now leaned upon her oar she pulled out of her bag. Her eye gathering what she saw before her. Maybe they didn't have to fight and she could gain her meal through trickery. Eyeing the scene she shook her head. 52 couldn't kill the half breed but she could mangle her up real good. She smiled. 

I can smell it on you. You wish to gain power so you will not fail again? You come seeking me out because I can bestow upon you greatness beyond your mortal coil. You're afraid so you take your anger out on me. But my dear child, fighting me is fruitless. All you could do is mangle me. But... I am not here to fight, I can help you. 

Rin eyed her as she stared at 52. The possibilities of twisting and guiding the girl into the void made her mouth water. Her heart beating so slow you couldn't hear it. Rin knew the desires of the heart and what was hidden behind it. But she could make the girl believe her false promises, she could indulge into her meal. 

You can gain much from me. Power, and strength. I can even unshackle you from your chains. 

YES Power seek it out!  "NO shut it! My decision!" The girl says to herself as she shakes her head. That is what got her in trouble in the first place. 52 looks at the half breed with a bit of a cold stare.

"Power always comes with a price. That I have learned... And you assume I am still plagued by the ever looming problem of age. My curse forbids me from aging. Though that is a nice try..." 52 contemplates the offer for a second though after speaking. Unshackle her. That would mean 2 things... She would be at full power all the time. She would be powerful but they did more then just hold her back. "Unshackle me... I think you can see I can break them myself but they do more then just hold my power back... I need them..."

She says a bit sorrowful but she shakes her head and lets her scythe hit the ground. She was a little curious how much she could trust this person... Power... Seek it. It is here! Take it! Take It! TAKE IT! "NO I! You don't control me!" 52 says as she shakes her head and lets her hands grab the side of her head.

Edited by SabersFire

Take it. I will be the one to help guide you my little fish. 

Rin stood and walked towards the girl. She could see 52 fighting with herself, holding her head. She was like this once, indecisive and not able to grasp the straws when she needed to. Her alabaster right hand landing on 52's right shoulder. Her crimson black orb of an eye peering into the girl. Such dark power 52 held yet didn't use. If she could twist it, she could make something powerful here. Rin then pulled the girl into an embrace as she whispered.

Do not fear my power. You'll gain confidence. Power. You'll be able to walk freely without these pesky shackles. I offer to teach you, guide you. All you have to do is let me inside.

She then let go of 52 and leaned against her oar. She didn't lie about her cursing the land but the girl came here for a reason. And if she could avoid a fight that would be good. Rin eyed 52 as she wondered what went on in the head of hers. Tilting her head the half breed continued to watch. It made her giggle. 

So much I can make out of you. Of course, it comes with a price. You become my meal. And once I'm done with you, you'll change. It will be for the better. 

Rin smiled as she awaited the answer. 

Rin offered things that interested 52... the temptation was a lot for 52 and she wasn't fully sure what to think. There was so much to gain and she felt there wasn't much to give up. That should make it a simple yes right? Well 52 didn't want to fully lose her shackles... they keep things at bay. That was why she didn't walk around with them off. She could hurt people... She could lose control... She shakes her head and stumbles back a from the half breed. 

"You... you don't understand what I would become with out these shackles... Nightmarish creations leak from my mind... I cause misery among people."  52 says a bit sorrowfully...She wasn't sure being freed was such a good thing but Rin seemed to think so. What was this become her meal though... that didn't sound pleasant. 52 was stuck in a bit of a situation... Should she just stop this now and attack? She would likely need more power to fight but the deeper she went the more likely she was to give in to the Half breeds will. Though if she attacked Rin likely wouldn't be able to try and convince her to well...

We are all monsters here dwelling in sorrow and misery. What's one more to fail and become a twisted shell? You know what I offer is what you want. Fighting me is futile. I wish to bring forth your strongest being. I want to see the monster within you.

Rin cooed as she walked towards 52. The half breed could see the fear and frustration growing within the girl. It was what she was eating now, as her fangs but down upon her bottom rosy lip. Rin was always different with her prey. One would be fed ore and changed into a creature. Another simply ritualed to the void. She licked her lips then as her alabaster right hand shot out to grab 52's right shoulder to pull her close. Her lips toward the girl's ear speaking in a seductive manner.

I am the Beast of legend. A monster drowning in misery and sorrow. Free and unclaimed to make this land mine again. You can be so much more above your mortal coil. A weapon to take back what was stolen. Let me take off these chains and craft you into a deadly weapon. My weapon.

Rin's cold alabaster hands ran down 52's form, touching, squeezing and even assaulting. The half breed didn't care as she then looked at the girl with that eerie eye. Even though she used no weapon, 52 had to fight against her. Fight to keep her humanity. But Rin was greedy, as her pearly white fangs sunk into the flesh of her neck. She began to drink. Pulling the girl ever closer to her. Staining her. If 52 wanted to live, she would either have to fight or become a part of the half breed.

Give in my dear, you know in your black heart my darkness is what you crave. 

The monster with in me? Why would she want yoder that... 52 wasn't to sure why Rin wanted to see that... She also didn't fully understand her actions but she could tell she was trying seduction at this point. It wasn't something 52 was to used to and it might have worked if Rin didn't sink her teeth into 52's neck...

"NO back off!" 52 shouts at Rin as she uses her free hand to push her away. Turning to face her 52 takes her scythe in both hands and swings it down at Rin the blade getting coated in a misty black shadow. "You won't take me! You shall hear the voices now!" She says rather aggressively.

Rin slid back as she was pushed off her meal. It would not be an easy capture as she hoped. The half breed grabbed the scythe with her hand as her black blood splattered to the ground. She was unfazed by the fury but grinned even more. 52 was being defiant now. And she liked that.

All serve me in the end, you all become cursed and rotten inside. It's how you show your true pitiful selves. You cannot kill me, but mangle me well. Your attempts will be futile. You should let me take you, rebuild you. By the way, I did more than just bite you. I've infected you with my magi. Soon, you'll fall like all the others.

Rin sneered as she threw the girl back. The scythe out of her hands and the cut allowed her dark magic to be freed. Crystal like arrows of the void magi formed from her hands as she shot them at 52. She then followed it up with a bunch of void pillars rising from the ground and crashing at her. The half breed then shot another volley of void Crystal arrows at 52. She was being relentless in her attacks. Yet she wasn't even using her full power, she was in fact toying with the girl.

I can feel your dark heart crying out. As soon as enough dark magi envelope you, you'll realise the gifts I can bestow upon you. Come to me child, let me create a new you, above that pesky mortal coil. You fight because they told you I'm rotting the land, destroying it. I am not. I'm being forth a new era. When I'm done with you, you'll be my weapon. You'll see the light soon enough.

She smirked leaning on her oar, as her black blood still littered the ground. But that was helping the half breed more than 52. She grinned bigger as she eyed the bite mark simmering in the girl's neck. The infection was starting it's work. It would slowly travel down into her heart, causing it to start slowly beating. The veins connected to it began to turn ash grey. The infection then clung to the organs and tissues. 

Has the infection set in yet dear child? Can you feel it change you? Make you see what a powerful ally I am? Can you feel it squeeze and strangle your heart?

All serve me in the end.... 52 wondered how much truth belonged to that but that didn't matter the scythe had cut her and that was the point. She was infected with 52's magic now as well so soon she would likely start to experience madness. 52's weapon didn't look like much and people always seemed to underestimate the cut it had. Though listening to Rin she heard she also was infected... She didn't have time to retort though as Rin launched an attack at her! Well more like 3... 52 vanishes her Scythe and does her baest to avoid the pillars as she does her best to avoid all of Rin's attacks. As she dodges she channels magic through her legs and shatters the shackles there. Her personality is contorted along with it as most of them are shattered. Her scythe reappears in her hand as the 2nd volley is fired at her and she cuts through them.

"Come now, friend! That wasn't much trouble!" She says with a bit of a giggle. "You can do better! Let my friends show you!" 

She says as she holds a hand out and a shadow leaks out and to the ground as a twisted form rises from the shadow. Constantly shifting in shape the only constant is the black bow it holds. It readies an arrow and aims at Rin.

"Now, Sparky! FIRE!" She says with a twisted grin. The nightmare creature launches an arrow at Rin which splits into a few arrows shortly after being fired.

Edited by SabersFire

It was a nice display but only a display. Rin caught the arrow with her bloodied hand. A grin upon her face. So the girl had some tricks up her sleeve. It was cute. The half breed tilted her head as she noticed her cut. It made her wonder about it now, how 52 didn't care much about it. It puzzled her. Rin didn't speak for a moment as she shook her head. 

Well that was interesting. I need to learn that trick. I'm afraid you're running out of time, the infection is spreading within you. And your little arrow attack did no real damage.

52 would feel a burning sensation around her bite mark as the infection was taking hold. It was like another voice inside her whispering now. Images flashing here and there of the false promises guaranteed to 52. The infection slowly wrapped thinly veiled tendrils around her withering heart as it pumped a black sludge into her now. The connective tissue and nerves were rotting and corroding. That her magi was clouding her mind and slowing her movements. 

You really think that your little arrow would work? It was a nice attempt though I'll give you though. I don't see why you won't just give in, it won't hurt. And you'll gain so much in the end. More than you have now.

Rin chuckled. Though she felt a stinging sensation in her cut. Her crimson black orb of an eye stared down at the cut before she once again attacked with the volley of crystal arrows. Rin growled low as she eyed the cut still. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.