Dradiro

The Hermit, rekindle the flame?

Dradiro had been somewhat forced to flee his home just outside of Osiria’s capital, war had broken out.  He for one didn’t feel the real need to serve either side so he fled.  Holding no real alliegence he headed to Izabal, still staying towards the outskirts.  He had found a home close to the mountains, no real neighbors to speak of, Perfect.

It took him awhile to settle in, luckily three of his servants came with him.  The witch in particular he favored, though he wasn’t unneccesarily rude and hateful to the other two males.  There was a basement, two bedrooms, one and a half bathrooms, kitchen and living area.  Barely enough space for his books, but those enchanted bags his witch made were quite useful, it was her blood he sought the most though over her skills.

There was a small area in their back yard they had made small training area, “Never know when your life will be threatened and you won’t have back up.”  The Umbramancer would say, this once human made vampire sacrificed, essentially to the darkness by his master.  Wasn’t that horrible though, they did have 2 other companions, one was perfectly fine with it’s life the other though.  “Ya know that’s a little hypocritical you to say right?”  This feminine voice echoed behind him.  

“Cerena’s right ya know, you and her are literally attached and you’d never leave Astra anywhere.  Not to mention you say her name and she comes flying.”  Dradiro glanced back to see Cerena and Alexa behind him looking at him.

They had a point though, “That’s why I insist on training the three of you who aren’t so fortunate to be in my shoes.”  He huffed.

Cerena nodded, “Ok yeah he does have a point there,” She said but still pointed a shadowy finger at him.  “Stop being in dad mode all the time though.  You’re so stressed lately.”

She had a point, they had only been here a couple months and word had made it that there was war in Versilla.  “They need to know how to protect themselves, all of them.  Alexa is a witch but what about Trevin and Asher?  They’re human but can hold their own with a sword thanks to me.”

The demon in his shadow slipped back to where she came then climbed up and around him taking the form of his usual duster, just a mild shade of gray.  ‘The brat and the witch have a point Dra, you’ve even been pushing yourself.  You’ve not fed in weeks, and yet you are out here pushing yourself just as much as you are either of them.  You need to rest’.’  Astra interrupted telepathically to all of them, the sword laying against his hip as always.  

Cerena let that slide while Alexa giggled, “He refuses when I offer.”  The witch spoke up, the men were off reading waiting their turn to train if they wanted.  “I’m fine.”  Dradiro said grumpily.

Even when faced with unfamiliar territory, empty streets and ominous alleyways have yet to deter this particular witch from strolling the streets of Izabal, book in hand. Her spell book, as usual, buried in its words, learning whatever she could, memorizing it's pronunciation...but she started to get a headache. Trying to learn new things whilst surveying her surroundings with her minds eye was extremely tiring, but good practice she supposed. Sighing, she tucked away a stray dread to behind her ear before she snapped the burgundy book shut in her hand. She placed it in a holster on the side of her purple jogger-like pants, opposite to the crystal orb on the other. She folded her arms on themselves as she finally decided to take in her surroundings with her actual eyes. It wasn't that bad, but it did look sketchy from this particular angle. Barnicle encrusted corners, sketchy alleyways. It was probably because it was nearing the night that the town looked so damn ominous. Things started to brighten up as she reached the docks.

Glistened from seashore waters and the orange descending sun, Karuna walked the cobblestone path, unsure of where it would take her. She had no real destination, in fact, the only reason she was here was due to the turbulent nature of every other city she had inhabited thus far. Apparently, sides were being taken and talks of battles and wars were numerous. Karuna wanted no part in either. Even here she would head occasional talk of these events by the men and women on the docks. None of her business really, but one rumor definitely peaked her interest. 

"I heard shady man just recently moved in here...", Said an older woman, probably in her 80's. She was talking to a woman of younger age, probably 60. "...with an entourage of servants too! Boy I tell ya, we need to watch out for these newcomers, they'll be the death of us!" 

"Excuse me!" Karuna yelled running up to the women. 

"Uhg, here comes one now...you got no business being here missy, why don't you just go on where ya came from." The older woman swatted towards the woman, gesturing she leave them be. Unthreatened though a tad irritated, she approached anyway. 

"Jude!" The younger woman hissed at her companion. "Please excuse my friend here, she's just been a bit on edge." She Smiled genuinely, enough so for Karuna to not feel the need to turn the old woman into a toad...if she could. 

"It's okay...you spoke of a shady man? You wouldn't happen to know where this man went do you?"

There was a moment of silence before the younger woman elbowed the older one. She grunted as she pointed in a vague direction, though it was enough for Karuna. She thanked the two women and immediately took flight, leaving the two women disheveled with the gust of wind.

Shady man in a coat? Servants? And it was nearing the night? It was a hunch, a pretty large one, but Karuna had to see for herself if it was really him.

Izbal was an unknown and unfamiliar place to the second seed known as Vanilla. The apothecary heard rumors of war and though she liked to mettle in the affairs of men and battle, she decided to find this city instead.

Of course, she had no idea where she was going. The streets didn't look the same as the old streets she was known to and these people were unhelpful. Vanilla had asked a few people for directions. No one answered.

"Well, I guess I'll just keep walking. The old man and that witch have to be around here somewhere. And hopefully they'll need an apothecary."

Vanilla sighed continuing down the road, getting even more lost. 

, not sure if I got details wrong, sorry. Also, vanilla's profile if needed, 

Edited by Rin

His hunger stirred, maybe he should feed.  What was it that was keeping him from feeding?  Why was it every time he thought about feeding his stomach knotted up?  They were all right, Cerena even scolded him for not feeding.  That wasn’t her, but she was essentially apart of him, his living shadow.  

As that thought crossed his mind, he felt that little twang at his senses.  Cerena felt it to, letting out a giggle, “He’ll feed now, it’s gonna be Alex or the student.  That and you’re always cranky when your hungry.  Trying to distract yourself isn’t healthy either, for both of us.” 

Dradiro didn’t say a word, Alexa reached up and tugged the ribbon from her neck.  “I won’t let you do that, not to her.”  The Witch tilted her head.  “Besides, you know you hate how men taste.”  

He took a deep shaking breath, exhaling, shuddering at the though of biting into the other two those icy hues went red.  Holding himself back from lunging at Alexa, he took her up slowly.  His fangs pierced the skin, she let out faint ‘hmm.’

She has always enjoyed this part, a rush if you will.  He could kill her, would he?  He never did, she could tell even now he wouldn’t.  But it would weaken her immensely, but he made sure to sit her down.  “Help me with the ribbon.”  She said slowly, her breathing heavy.

”I apologize Alex.”  He said as a drop rolled down the front of his lip.  She chuckled and held up the emerald colored ribbon.

He gently tied it around her neck, she always liked the excess hanging off to tickle shoulder just under.  “How far are away is she?”  Alexa asked.

“Twenty minutes most.”  Alexa nodded as Dradiro helped her up.  “Tell her I’m taking a nap.”  Dradiro took his little blood doll to her bed.

After he laid down Alexa, Dradiro went, “Why do you fear the kingdom m’lord?”  

“My Sire opposes them, I don’t particularly agree with their politics either but not to her degree.”  He sighed, “The sins of the maker might get taken out on the turned.”

He wasn’t sure that was true or not but he didn’t like chancing it for his witches sake.  He slipped from the room to let her sleep, as he left the room, making sure to tidy up the living area of the home.

Karuna was beginning to pick up on her Master's energy signature, she was curtain of it now. After several minutes of flying Karuna had finally reached her destination. Perhaps Dradiro would hear the wind wisp as Karuna had made her landing. The house was nothing special, nothing in comparison to the mansion Karuna trained in when she last met Dradiro. She inhaled deeply as she dusted herself off and walked towards the entrance. She actually had a lot to thank Dradiro for. Not only did she learn umbramancy from him, she also learned a bit more about her mother's lineage and what she was capable of. She learned that, as a witch, she held the darkness of her mother's lineage inside her, and because of this, she was loosing herself. She also learned of her familiar which has been helping her from the inside control the darkness ever since, but she hasn't the slightest clue on how to contact him. With ever question solved three more seem to take it's place, but none of it would have happened if it weren't for Dradiro. She wondered if he even remembered her, or if he even cared to see her again. 

regardless, she knocked on the door and took a few steps back, nervously waiting.