Soldat Tenaille

A Prophecy Fulfilled - Dougton Class C Quest [Interest Check]

I am looking for one to two other members to join my character Berkant in stopping a Dougton caster who summoned a creature that they cannot control and is on a rampage.

This quest was acquired by Berkant through the Terric Oracle as roleplayed in A Nomad's First Steps - Berkant sees it as a mission handed to him by fate, but understands he is unlikely to be able to handle a magical beast on his own.

I'd like to roleplay out our characters meeting, somewhere between Hell's Gate and Dougton and then move on to the quest itself. 

Hey there Berkant! I said hi already, but I'd like to echo the greeting again!

Along with that, I'm offering my character Ellen to join Berkant in his quest. She's already in Doughton, but she might be leaving town when she runs into Berkant. She'd take any recommendation from the oracle seriously, and would certainly be willing to help out, for curiosity's sake if nothing else. She might not exactly be the type of character your looking for to RP with Berkant, and I understand if that's the case, but if you are willing than just let me know.

Either way, looking forward to hearing your response!

Actually, Ellen is somewhat interesting to me for a branching reason.

I'd like Berkant to attend the Gaian Academy at some point - a research liaison to the Terric Military might have enough clout to write a recommendation letter to get someone who ordinarily wouldn't pass the entrance exam into the Academy.

With that in mind, if you are interested in pursuing that what better way for them to get acquainted then fighting a horrible monster in the middle of a small city?

Edited by Soldat Tenaille

I, on the other hand, offer my character, Jack The Eyeless, as a hunting companion. He happens to be stuck in Dougton for a while, so he might help hunting down the beast... for a reasonable price, of course. He also has a wolfbot as a pet, but its presense in the party may not be mandatory.

My character is a hunter gatherer tribesman turned adventurer, he is fairly unlikely to be able to pay. 

Also - due to the nature of how he acquired this quest, it will be playing out in an order in which the authorities won't be offering it as a quest for reward, but instead Berkant and crew will be reacting to it almost as it happens or even potentially before.

I figure assuming Prest does join up your character could get involved just because he is in the area - but as for directly hiring him that is out of the scope of my character currently. 

Sounds good Berkant! I think in the immediate sense Ellen would fail to find the traveling nomad particularly interesting, no offense, just the way her character is written, but if she caught hint that something powered by fate or magic was afoot she'd be on it instantly. So, how would you propose our two characters meet up? I don't have any immediate ideas, but I'm certainly willing to brainstorm. I could come back with some thoughts in a couple of hours if you don't have anything right up your sleeve.

Also she'd definitely be willing to write him a recommendation, depending on how all of this goes down. She'd probably even travel with him there. I was having Ellen head to the Academy soon anyway. Hoping that I can drum up some interest in some guest lectures.

Perfect - as for how they meet up I find that quite simple.

Berkant is from a tribe, what do tribesman do when problems are afoot? They tell everyone.

He is just going to walk into Dougton and start telling people, literally anyone - that the Oracle told him Dougton is in danger.

He has no way to know that isn't normal or the right thing to do. He'll probably also ask about strange mages - your character is a stranger and a mage.

Fair enough.

Thought though, new plot idea, maybe Ellen is conducting research near the city on a rogue spirit, and someone points Berkant to her. He interrupts her and she flubs the spell, causing the problem in the first place. The rogue spirit flees to Doughton and wreaks havoc and the two have to work together to contain it. Kind of an ironic, self-fulfilling prophecy kind of thing. If Berkant hadn't interrupted Ellen, the quest never would have occurred, but also the two never would have met. Maybe fate and oracles working in their tricky way. I dunno, just an idea.

Edited by Prestississimo

And taking into account that Dougton happened to be in danger... I think "Jack" might be... I dunno... intrigued by mentioning the Oracle alone. He used to help one divine being sorting some things here in Dougton. So there is a chance he might pay attention to Berkant's pledge.

Not in a positive way, at first.

@Prestississimo I like that one a LOT - let's run with that. 

As for Jack getting involved I'm totally comfortable with it starting however makes sense for you.

At the recommendation of Supernal I've decided to contain the quest in the original thread - I'll work on an 'opening' arrival post in Dougton and then we can get started! 

Edited by Soldat Tenaille

Sounds good ^_^

After your post I'll write something up about what Ellen's doing. Then we can have Berkant and whoever's joined up with him interrupt her and the madness can start from there. Looking forward to it!

P.S. I might take a while after the first post (hard to know) and if someone else is getting in on this they shouldn't wait for me! Go ahead and post before me if need be).

Edited by Prestississimo

Okay, my post is up. It's a long beast, and maybe a bit tricky to read. Hopefully my prose isn't too hard to understand, though perhaps I overreached on this one XD

Still, hopefully you enjoy it, and keep in mind that details can of course always be changed to make the story flow better. Any questions, concerns, feelings, reactions, please, let me know! Let's get this thing started ^_^