Valucre
Pickled

The Floating Castle [Quest]

The castle was perched upon the clouds, staring down onto the pine tress below. It was the object of curiosity, holding some sort of important artifact. One man was searching for passage to the skies, and stopped at a little tavern to search for a pilot. He ordered a drink as he sat down, and searched the room.

Jophiel was in the tavern sitting at his own table with the flyer he found for this quest to get into the city in the sky. He looked over the picture as he drank some of his tea, 

"A city in the sky, how the f#ck are we suppose to get up there...Oh Oh Turn Me Into A Dragon! We could fly our way over." Lily exclaimed to jophiel in her usual childish manner 

"And if there's more than one person, are ya gonna carry us all? Doubt I can make that big anyway." Jophiel responded, lily pout and laid on his head, "Way to take the fun out it jojo." She said which made jophiel chuckle a bit.

The man noticed the couple, looking over a flyer of familiar quality. He walked over, proud to find people who were willing to go with him. He put his hand on the table, not trying to disrupt anything. 

"I am searching for travel to a castle," said he. The man pointed at the flyer. "It seems that you two are interested."

Jophiel seemed startled at first but when he heard the man is also trying to get up into the sky castle he lighten up. 

"Oh wonderful then, prehaps we can have a partnership between us? I mean me and my fairy friend are looking to get up there as well. My names jophiel and this is lily." Jophiel said in a kind manner 

"Yo." Is all lily had to say to the man. 

The man looked at the two, woman and fairy. It was an odd team, and it seemed that the man would face some competition getting to the artifact. He sat down next to them, and sighed. They were his only way there, even if they wanted what he was looking for.

"What manner of travel is available to you to the castle?"

Jophiel thought for a moment, lily burst up saying "Dragon time!" Obviously she was excited and want to become a dragon, jophiel looked at her amused by her childish nature

"Ok sir I hav an ability where I can transform spirits into almost any creation I draw, with my art tablet. As my companion lily here outbrusted, I can make her into a dragon big enough for us 2 people...but only that big, I mean maybe a 3rd person tag along." Jophiel explained 

"Aye I'm a strong fairy spirit I can lift people wit these guns" lily lifted her small arms in a macho manner to which jophiel giggled to, 

"Hehe but in any case, my name is jophiel. What's yours and what do you seek in the castle?" He asked 

"Well, then it seems that we have the methods of transport." The man shoved his hand forward. "The name is Jim."

He got up from his seat, and headed to the woods. Jim was determined to start the adventure immediately. 

"Come on now, we don't have all day. To the castle!"

Jophiel liked Jim's enthusiasm and followed him with lily, but lily herself seemed suspicious of this stranger. But she was about turn into a mother fudging dragon so she went along with it for now. 

The duo followed Jim into the woods and looked up at the castle, "So lets make this easier on us, where's the highest point in the area that we can lift off form?" Jophiel asked Jim 

"Pffffft with guns like these who needs high places." Lily said trying to mimic a tough guy voice with her tiny fairy girl voice

Jim stood before the castle in a proud manner. He was inspecting it when Jophiel asked a question. Lily soon countered it, which made Jim feel a little unnoticed. 
Do these people only talk?

"Let's make our way to that peak over there. It seems like a suitable height." Jim headed for the mountain.

Jophiel with lily sitting on his head followed the man to the mountain, jophiel took out his tablet along the way drawing a dragon big enough for 2 people to ride up. 

"You better fly straight lily, no fancy tricks." jophiel said to her as they'd reach to the top of the mountain, "Don't worry about it, I got this~" lily responded with confidence. 

Jophiel felt like he was risking his life at this point but he did want to get up into the sky castle so he proceeded to hold his pen up. Lily shifted into magical energy that zipped into Jophiel's pen, "Well Jim, I hope your ready for a ride." He said chuckling.

Jophiel tapped his tablet with the pen and with that, lily bursted out of the tablet in the form of a large dragon with pink energies and such as she flew up and then land down. Her scales were red and pink with glow blue stylistic symbols and eyes, her wings spanned wide with pink magic glowing in the flaps. She smiled at jophiel and jim, jophiel got on her back to steer her and waited for Jim. 

Jim got onto the pink and red dragon, quite worried if the thing would actually lift off the ground. He took his stopwatch to see the time. He prepared for the take off.

Lily huffed a bit of blue flame as she carried jophiel and jim up into the air, the wind rushes through jophiel's hair and clothing as they flew high up into the blue sky. Lily boosted into the clouds making both jophiel and jim hang on tightly, her speedy ascent slowed when she broke through the clouds and the sky castle was in view. 

"Haha this is pretty amazing." Jophiel said in awe of the sky castle. Before long lily landed to the entrance of the place and allowed jophiel and jim to step off.   

Jim jumped off, landing onto the grass. He looked towards the ancient walls of the stone castle, crumbling with age.

"We should make our way towards the hall."

Jim pointed to the centerpiece of the castle: a tall tower with ornate detail spiraling high up. A small little light gleamed at the top.

Jim looked up again at the tall tower, and he too saw the light.

"I believe that is what we are here for."

Jim entered through the main gate, and walked through the open yard.