Malintzin

Kastoria's Foundation

7461f9c56a.jpgJohari sighed heavily.

He had been assigned to Kastoria—and it was not that he didn’t appreciate it. In fact, he was quite thrilled. Son of a merchant, and now he was assisting in so many great adventures. The burly, dark-skinned man stood patiently, stalwart and immobile. He was a giant of a man, but gentle at heart. He simply wished Vera had been assigned with him.

Most Enforcers traveled in two. She was a part of his team, there was no reason he couldn’t have her working with him. She knew his brain quite well, and could anticipate how to direct the great hoard of people who were not only his Enforcers, but citizens they were sworn to protect.

“KASTORIA! OVER HERE! KASTORIA!” The baritone of his voice rang out, and he remained standing at attention. The morning was young, but he knew it’d be a hot day. Set up before him, a table and the Kastoria district’s blueprint.

He patiently waited for the rest of his group to arrive, before he began, “I am Captain Johari Ponsky of the newly established Hyperion Enforcers. Today, I will be leading the excursion in laying the foundation for the Kastoria District of the city. We are responsible for all the educational institutes, including the library and guilds. Our job is to safely haul our cache up the mountain, begin the groundwork and begin the construction for the Academy, the Bravot Library and the Pavilion. There are thirty-two other Enforcers assisting with security and assistance. Don’t hesitate to boss my people around, but don’t go overboard.”

He glanced up at the sky, “We have a young Wyvern who is trained to carry supplies and people as necessary. Watch yourselves around this one, he’s not the most graceful of creatures in his youth, but he tries. No harm is to come to this creature, he is the queen’s personal mount and companion, do I make myself clear?”

He nodded curtly, clapping his large black hands and rubbing them together.

“Let’s move out, then!”

@Pseudonym

@Grim Wolf

Edited by Deus Ex Aizen

"Nice."

The speech was itself a nice little gesture, though Mensa wasn't really one for them. He would've been more content for her to simply tell everyone where to go and stuff. You know, a little more direct with her approach. Didn't matter much what he thought however, she got her point across and the people seemed to be behind her one-hundred percent. She had his support as well, though the reason he actually came to help was of a simple nature.

Here there might be dragons, and he wanted attempt to see them.

I wonder if being this attracted to dragons makes me weird or something?

"Nah, of course not."

This was nothing weird, right? Great, now he was overthinking it. No matter, he would soon hear a man call for those who were interested in helping build the district of Kastoria. He would've helped with the other areas, but he couldn't be at multiple places at once. Oh well, maybe some other day...

He walked over to the man who, after everyone else assembled, addressed himself as Johari Ponsky. Captain Johari Ponsky at that. Alright, this Enforcer guy should be pretty useful then...seeing as how Mensa was pretty sure that he was gonna help out in the construction. He was going to help, right? That would be major bull if he didn't, seeing as how even though he was overseeing this, this would still become a part of his city. The least he could do was get off his ass and do some-

Stop assuming things. Again.

"Crap." Muttering under his breath he would slowly facepalm. Enough standing around, he was running himself up a wall for no real reason because of idleness. Idleness  was a word, and he would mentally stand by it. The Captain would explain their role for the district, mainly building in the pursuit of knowledge! They'd basically construct the items needed for the civilians to not go stupid, a slight grin on his face as he thought about it. There would be other Enforcers helping along the way, which was great because he didn't expect damn near any of them to do this without any type of supervision. Hell, he was more for demo work than construction, but nothing wrong with learning a thing or two every once in a while.

And then came the part he was waiting for. The introduction of the...wyvern? Ah, crap. "A wyvern? Cool, that's cool...so cool." He'd say, though it was somewhat obvious that he was not too thrilled about the creature. Of course, it might've come from an earlier encounter with such a being, and he wasn't sure he was a fan of meeting another so soon. Why he'd be more happy to meet a dragon, was nothing short of a mystery. And after making it clear that no harm was to come to flying beast of doom, Captain Johari would then get everything under way by getting everyone to start moving. First step? Carry the supplies to the building site, and then more than likely just build...duh.

He would make his way towards the cache of items that they would be carrying. They were neatly arranged, which minus the eventual breaking of spines from carrying them, was nice. He would pick up as much as his figure would support, and begin on his way towards the goal.

"This, this'll be nothing short of a workout routine. If I'm not sporting a six-pack after doing all of this, then I want a full refund. No exceptions."

“What's your name, son? I appreciate a young man with a sense of humor.” Johari chuckled, shaking his head. It was good and well that he had a strong team with him. He himself was a hulking man. He was a mountain compared to little Vera—or so he often teased. A metallic grating shriek—clearly not human sounded, and his grin faded as he glanced behind.

Orionis was a majestic creature. Sleek, and seemingly dark-scaled, the sunlight revealed the multitude of colors—much like a nebula and true to the creature’s name. He lumbered, perhaps the size of a full-grown Elephant at the time—and likely would grow further. Saddle bags hung from either side of him, nesting at the mounting slope before his neck stretched. He nearly knocked a crowd over with his whip-like tail alone, which helped to balance the awkwardness with which he moved. Orionis made a strange, metallic purring as he towered over Johari. Intelligent, youthful eyes trained themselves on the individuals around him.

“Let’s load him up!” Johari bellowed. There was a flurry of movement. Sleds had been fashioned out of wood, meant to acts as trollies to carry supplies up on an individual basis. Like nomadic tribes, Matreyans had been resourceful in transporting the little bit they owned. It gave Johari an idea, and he glanced back to his youthful volunteer.

“…these sleds. Do you think we could create one large solid enough to hook to our wyvern friend here to navigate up the mountain? Perhaps it would make things easier than having him transport back and forth? Or do you think there’s a better idea?” The Arcadian district was already on the move, a mass exodus from the Great Pine Barrens. It would give them time if they cleared the path better, and make their lives easier.

Maybe…

"Hmm? Wait, me?"

Well then, he wasn't exactly a celebrity or anything, but he didn't think he'd get the attention of the man...at all. Great, now he felt he might be held to some high-as-balls expectations now that he had made his presence known. Next time he had a smart idea, he'd make sure that he'd keep it to himself. For now, anyway.

"Mensa Voss, hailing from the great ol' Vechy!" He would tip his hat  to the Captain before doing a little bow for theatric effect. "It's all the way over in Tellus Mater, so if you ever want to visit just keep that in mind. Oh, and a little advice if you ever plan on doing some sightseeing. Don't murder someone in the Vechy, please. It's...it's really not worth it in the long run."

It really isn't...

And then Baby Doom (AKA Orionis) had startled the hell out of him with a shriek that was sure to stop his heart under the right conditions. Of course, he composed himself as quickly as humanely possible so as not to look like a wimp in front of anyone. Not that he couldn't beat any who thought negatively of him into submission, but for the sake of this mission he would do his best to hold off on doing such things. For now.

It was amazing that Orionis wasn't a fully grown wyvern, if only for the fact that he could still murder damn near the entire group. And he was pretty sure that he wasn't allowed to die outside of home, because that meant he'd get stuck with, you know, DEATH. Resurrections aside, this beastie was looking to grow into a majestic creature, and he wanted to make sure that he was properly prepared to fucking murder deal with such a threat if it even arose.

"Hm? Huh, what do I think...well..." He trailed off, his eyes staring at the flying beast. Sure they could do multiple trips, but they had a friggin' wyvern here, so why not use it? Besides, less trips, meant that he wouldn't have to see it's scaly face so much. "...I'm thinking we give ol' Orionis the benefit of the doubt. Let's hook 'em together and see what he can do!"

Edited by Grim Wolf

With Kotori safe and sound back at camp, Jinsoku stood ready to help with toting unspoken amounts of important items up the trails of a mountain. Despite the elevation and the season, Jinsoku stood dressed in simple denim jeans and a black short sleeve shirt made of cotton with a V-neck finish. Upon his feet were a generously worn pair of black and white low top Chucks, reminiscent of a far away home. Time and time again he had considered allowing magic to restore the materials of the worn shoes, but then they wouldn't be quite the same. These shoes told stories, and even now they continue to write such. While he was severely under-dressed for the environment and occasion, it would only prove to be that much more astonishing at the completion of his feats here. Despite the abandoned necessities, Jinsoku prepared himself with silent stretching. For him there was nothing to ask, nothing to talk about. He was just here to do what he did best, lend a hand to those in need. Especially when those in need happened to be associated directly with him. In this case, that meant the rising Queen herself. Speaking of which, he took a good look at the Wyvern mentioned to be held in very high regard. He would be certain to try his best to keep an eye on it as they work to haul the goods to their destination. 

Jinsoku, despite his vocation, was relatively never heavily armed. However, on his person one might have noticed what appeared to be a leather bracer on his left arm. On the underside of his forearm, it hosted the fully retracted microcomposite spear, designed by Raveena herself, and gifted to him by Master James. Often mistaken as an unsuitable sidearm, Jinsoku had proven the worth of this invention time and time again, just as his Master had before him. Still, he couldn't help but feel like a good sword was still to be acquired. One that he wouldn't mind carrying on a daily basis. He had considered a few different types but was still yet to be decisive in any direction. This was barley the time to consider such though, considering the official order had been given to move out. It took Jinsoku a moment to convince others that he was capable of such, though inevitably he did convince them that he could easily pull a load of about four to five hundred pounds without struggling or over working himself. The small, young man with a height of 5'6", a weight of approximately one hundred thirty five pounds, and a baby face wound rope tightly about his fist, wrapping the next one only twice in comparison. Pulling the weight with the rope over his shoulder, he slowly worked the weight into motion. Impressively, he put his arms, back, and incredibly strong legs into it and worked to a steady pace comfortable to him and complimentary to those both before and after him. 

"What the - !"

"How the hell is he doing that?"

"Is that kid even human!?"

"I can't believe I just lost this bet..."

"That guy's pulling like three times his body weight!"

"NANI!?"

Edited by Twitterpated

“Then the benefit, we shall give.”

It took them a while to saddle the obedient Wyvern up with wares. Orionis was quite fond of her adopted family, and had grown quite accustomed to their kind. It was his adopted brother Preta that was less civil, trained for combat by his master and father. Though it was Raveena who could openly communicate to both he and his brother, Orionis had managed to make it so that he and others could understand to some degree. He was intelligent, and keen to help those his mother and mistress looked after. She sought to mend the ways between their kinds, and he thought this was a worthy way. Others frowned upon him, and saw him as a slave to her will. But were children the slaves of their parents? Raveena was the only mistress and mother he knew, and at some point in time she would release him from her care to do as he pleased.

“I’ve served Raveena since the beginning days, when I was young and had joined the United Worker’s Party in another realm—the City of Doors. My father was a merchant who did business there, and I, in my rebellious youth, wanted to join a movement that gave jobs to citizens. Over time, the United Worker’s Party became the Enforcers, and we were a proud many. I have seen some wild adventures in my time, ser Mensa, though none as wild as the world of Valucre.”

With a slap of comradery to Orionis’ hide, he stepped back to admire the work, “Try the load out, buck. See how it fares.” With a shriek of ascent, the young Wyvern pulled, the sleigh-like design lurched and the wares of their cache moved with it. There was a cheer from the workers, for so too did Jinsoku pull his weight--literally and figuratively. Johari laughed heartily--a deep-bellied sound. Perhaps this move would not have been so difficult after all! "Good of you to join us, Master Jin! I see your training with Master James has come along well. Let's get this cache up the mountain!"

Despite the Wyvern’s lack of forelegs, the pulley they had fashioned was proving to be successful, albeit rocky. Making it up to the mountain had gotten easier as the path was clearer, and their entourage of Enforcers had cleared the path ahead of them.

By the time they had reached the plateau, construction was already underway, and Orionis’ eager fidgeting showed. He too, wanted to help, and Johari knew they would need all the help they could muster.

@Pseudonym

@Grim Wolf

@Twitterpated

On 2/7/2018 at 1:52 PM, Deus Ex Aizen said:

“I’ve served Raveena since the beginning days, when I was young and had joined the United Worker’s Party in another realm—the City of Doors. My father was a merchant who did business there, and I, in my rebellious youth, wanted to join a movement that gave jobs to citizens. Over time, the United Worker’s Party became the Enforcers, and we were a proud many. I have seen some wild adventures in my time, ser Mensa, though none as wild as the world of Valucre.”

"Nice! I bet you guys have had all sorts of adventures. Guess I'm just something like an 'amateur' at it, adventuring I mean. I've been on a...well, a little vacation from home."

Thinking about it had caused a creeping pain to form in his chest, pressing him to cease talking about such a thing. If not for keeping his home life under wraps, it was to keep himself from becoming consumed by homesickness. No matter how much of a death trap Vechynaucht may have proven to be to anyone else, it was the only home he knew, and he loved every little thing about it. From the 'everything can and will attempt to kill you' attitude of the environment, to the walking-and-talking suits, and even the resurrected bodies...but not really.

Johari would get Orionis to rise and show just how strong he was by carrying a large bulk of the equipment. So, he really was useful to the group after all...you know, besides being aerial muscle and such. Mensa would note that Johari would seem to issue a hearty laugh at the situation, only for it to be directed at Jinsoku showing off by pulling a absurd amount of weight. "Hmm, lookie here, Jinsoku 'Big Gains' everyone!"

It was nice to see a familiar face here, no matter how little he had actually known the person who said face was glued onto. Better yet, if push happened to come to shove, he was pretty confident in the young man's ability to fucking slaughter deal with Orionis should he try to get out of line. The Enforcers would probably swear against such a thing ever happening, but there was simply no way that they knew that for sure. And for all intents and purposes, today better not be the day it happened, because he might not be the strongest pyromancer around, but he would not hesitate to roast a wyvern.

The path ahead would be much easier to traverse thanks to the Enforcers, and once they had reached their destination it would already appear that construction had already begun. Good, this had to mean that they would simply make their way to their spot and add their unique touches and male this district look much more amazing than the others! Of course, he wouldn't take credit for any part he may or may not have had in such a scheme, but everyone would know.

Orionis would show his enthusiasm, only further concerning Mensa. Sure, the young wyvern meant well, but the young man couldn't help but be slightly paranoid about the possible events that could take place. Get a little too eager, and someone might accidentally get cooked by the flames...he would know, life experiences have taught him that lesson well.

"Easy, there." His eyes would always return their gaze to the young creature. Majestic he may have been, he was a potential threat and Mensa would have nine of that around his personal space. Sanctioned ally or not, one slip up and he'd be hard-pressed not to just start throwing fireballs. Though, he would contemplate just how effective such an action would be when he was not only in foreign lands, surrounded by allies/potential enemies...but that he wasn't exactly sure it would be the smart action.

Indeed, having the odds stacked against a certain path made a rather easy to rethink your options...

"Osu!"

He exclaimed as he would continue to push himself to his presumed limits, or perhaps even slightly beyond them. One of his first lessons from James was in fact in the nature of moving heavy objects within a certain time frame, in which failure equated to having to start over. In Jinsoku's case, it took several weeks to accomplish the goal properly. The task of delivering a glacier from the tundra it came from to the distant sculptor/vendor wished to work it into beautiful art. The glacier had to arrive and be left large enough to complete the work with. At first Jinsoku couldn't even get close enough with a large enough chunk of ice, though eventually it became a series of close calls. Situations where he made it to his destination, but had lost too much ice along the way. Eventually though, he had managed to make the haul in a timely fashion that wound up exceeding the expected goals of the quest. Exercises of this nature, along with practically walking everywhere his entire life, meant that not only was he stronger than most men his age and size, but in fact, his legs were also much stronger than his arms...Again, unlike most men. It would be noted that while some thought that this was Jin trying to showoff his Anchor Arms (or legs), those that knew him or even his Master more directly would understand that this had nothing to do with looking cool, but had everything to do with pushing himself towards improvement by continuing to live in a manner that tested his limits on nearly a daily basis. It had been a few years since Jinsoku had began training to be more than just some petty amateur brawler or prize fighter, and even when he officially earned his rank as a Knight of the Order of Force Majeure, he would still continue to live as he did to continue growing and getting better

Over the next several weeks, construction was well underway.

The city limits had been marked with stakes tied with yellow cloth, and already the stone foundation was being put down between districts. The skeletons of homes and villages were being built by sturdy men and women. Steel beams and large stone bricks were slowly erecting themselves, and would soon become a prestigious Academy.

The Educational District was shaping up nicely for its beginnings. Arcadia had founded an aqueduct and provided the city with water, while Messenia had been hard at work to provide energy to the city using magitech with newly shaped crystals imported from Alethea. At night the cities glowed with pyreflies encased in lanterns hung on the streets, giving the foundation and eerie silvery-blue glow. As crystals were implemented and swapped out, that silvery-blue glow was more soft, clean and yellow-white.

The Mage Guild would have been the first building to be seen to completion, if only due to the remarkable skills of the magi that worked upon it. And they would see to assisting in the great barrier walls that separated each district, yet also connected them. By the end of a month’s time, the walls rose several hundred feet into the air, a marvel of black. Tunnels allowed roads to form leading into the next district, and traffic would flow as workers continued. At the very top of these pylon like boundaries, the Enforcers were just as hard at work in creating the many offices, lookouts (which could be seen as the glass domes that shimmered in the sun) and ramparts that would allow them to traverse through the city from any given point.

Johari sat at a campfire, looking thoughtfully at the beginnings of the Academy and its partnering Mage Guild. The Magi had a field day in working on the creation of their very own building. All manner of beams and bricks had floated around that day, constructing itself as if to have very little effort involved physically. He chuckled, that was typical. Around him, their abilities were useless, as he negated magic. It made him useful in many aspects, but he had grown up believing it to be a curse. The Queen saw fit to utilize his ability as an advantage and in doing so, made him proud of the hard work he put into the effort of the city.

It was a time for resting though through the walls he could hear that some who were finishing on their homes were hammering away, though for weeks everyone had long grown accustomed to the construction. There were stories shared of the skeleton spiders that stung and glowed like demons. Food that was provided courtesy of Malik had been supplied for the entire populace and would last them a year at least. The Matreyan women were learning their common and putting their children to bed. Terrans were sharing their hopes, plans and dreams of the future. Overhead, the powerful sound of wings and Johari knew that even in the dark, Raveena and Rowan’s Wyverns were circling ahead—and occasionally, they would screech and cry out, as if to communicate that all was well.

On one such circuit, Orionis made the descent to land, and in doing so had startled several others—which had in turn startled him. There was a great crash that had turned heads as the clumsy Wyvern had tumbled into the thatched roofing of one half built home, a terrified screeching as he tried to untangle himself from wood, stone, mud and dried grass. In doing so, he had knocked over and shattered a lantern of pyreflies who—in their aggressive ways when startled, glowed and burned brightly, and such heat had smoked against the thratching they drifted across, until a flame was lit. As the cloud of pyreflies sought to attack Orionis, the Wyvern thrashed every which way, and the fire that was but a flame began to eat at what it could with a voracious appetite.

The Pyreflies had set two buildings ablaze when crowds—in their panic, began to realize it was quickly spreading out of control. Jaws and claws snapped, further irritating the defensive insects. Soon the sky was billowing with black smoke, embers raining down upon the citizens who tried to tame and contain the fire. Johari, among them, knew that their cache of scrolls and books had been housed within the Mage Guild, not far from the fire.

"The fire! We must prevent the fire from spreading to the Mage Guild!" He cried, rushing towards the inferno that was eating its way through the streets.

@Grim Wolf

@Twitterpated

@Pseudonym

This...was...beautiful.

The construction of Kastoria was coming along rather nicely, everyone seemed really eager to put in some kind of work and contribute. Mensa found himself doing a lot of construction work, admittedly something he hadn't much experience with beforehand. Those who were experts at masonry and the like were not strangers in that regard and would give him the tools and knowledge to be a worthwhile participant. That, and he would dazzle them with shows of flame from time to time to help keep everyone's spirits up.

This would be especially true at night, when the pyreflies would be out and about to help with the lighting. He himself would have no need for them however, as he could control the overall temperature of his own flames which made them pretty useless to him. Since he had no concerns about accidentally burning anything down, he could focus on radiating light for those who needed it. He could imagine how jealous the pyreflies might've been had they the ability to speak. What a hilarious conversation that would've been!

"Heh, pyreflies talking...I crack myself up."

Over the span of a month, which amazed Mensa since he was making his debut in a large-spanning effort and was unsure how long the entire project could probably even take. Well, it had been a month and they still weren't finished, which clued him in to how much more they had left, even with all they had accomplished being well noticed by now. And, speaking of accomplishments, he had begun his attempts to learn the Matreyan language!

...That was it. He had begun his attempts at learning it, but there was no feasible evidence to suspect that he was actually becoming a promising student. 'Twas okay for some however; he was more than happy to teach the common tongue, even if he was far from being a teacher. It gave him something to do, and it made him feel closer to the people. Like, there was a bond between them, educational or not. It was nice, to be able to help with such a large endeavor. It made him feel good inside.

But he still didn't trust those damn wyverns.

And tonight would, of course, be the night that something went wrong due to one of those idiots. After a nice day of work, it was time to get some much-needed rest in. He wouldn't even make it to his sleeping bag before he would hear some commotion from behind him. Looking back, the telltale signs of a fire epidemic would make itself readily apparent to him and, after a quick facepalm, he would jog towards the evergrowing flame. This would have to be handled as quickly as possible, especially with the knowledge that the Mage's Guild was in the path of destruction.

"Oh crap, I really hope this past month's worth of training helps." Mensa had gotten some help in learning more about the arcane elements of fire from more experienced mages and, with their help, had learned some new things. For example, how to control fire that was not of his own creation. Said ability would prove to be invaluable, if not for himself, then for nature. And now, of all times, he would have to put his newfound knowledge to the test.

One of the two buildings that had become engulfed in flames was the first stop for him. The ability was still more or less in the 'in development' stage, such that he was unsure that it would be a wise choice to take on a majority of the flame heading towards the Guild unless he was entirely sure that he could at the very least slow the blaze enough for others to contain it. It wouldn't paint a pretty picture if he were to fail...no, no doubting! He couldn't afford to think about failure at a time like this, these people needed him!

"Everyone get back!" He gestured for everyone nearby to give him space as he tried to come up with a gameplan. A building on fire...that was much larger than what he had originally worked with. A small, controlled fire...and this was an entire building.

You can do this, Mensa...

"Y-Yeah..I know that." Uncertain thoughts were there. Clawing there way through his subconscious in their attempts to make his will falter. To make him doubt his abilities. To make him make a mistake, a crucial one at that. But, he had to overcome the thoughts. If not for himself...then for these people. "I...I know that. Well then, here goes nothing!"

His arms now extended in front of himself, towards the flames, he would concentrate. His eyes now closed, the teachings of his tutors were on his mind, their words calming him as he imagined the flames receding from the building, and advancing towards himself. However, this was not in an aggressive motion; the flames would advance towards him in an attempt to merge their magical prowess. The two flames uniting to form one, a singular flame that had the will to keep those in need safe from harm. The world around him was silent, if only for a moment, and as sound returned from it's brief absence, he would open his eyes...

And find himself engulfed in flames.

But! These were not of his own creation. Quickly glancing at the building, he was delighted to find that the flames were, in fact, from the now smoky building. He had, with full certainty, achieved his goal. There was celebrating that needed to be done, someone to talk to, people to thank...but alas, that would have to come at another time. Another building was still on fire, as was the Mage Guild still in need of saving.

See...I knew you could do it.

"Alright, next!"

Fire in the district.

Raveena herself arrived on the scene. “Johari, how contained is this?”

“There's progress. I’m of no use, your Majesty—I realized too late I was slowing our Magi down.” Raveena’s brows furrowed and she slapped him in the shoulder, “You’ve done well so far. Coordinate the efforts to evacuate them into Arcadia for now. Volunteers are working tirelessly. Have Vera redesign a more fortified means of containing these Pyreflies.”

Of the thirty-three Enforcers under Johari, only four were Magi—and that was not unusual for Johari. His magic naturally negated others—and so his own Enforcers carried the least amount. Those that were Gifted, their brand of magic did very little to aid the cause. Volunteers from other districts—and even Raveena herself worked to help contain and isolate the fire as it began to eat away at all it could set fire to. The raging inferno gave off a heat that was particularly scorching, due to the nature of the pyreflies and what they were capable of when their biology came into play. Many were collapsing from the intensity of the heat, the overuse of their magic, or the sheer physical effort of sand, dirt and water being used. Stones were being mounted as a wall defense, but the fire was spreading too quickly.

Medical tents were being erected as the injured who were trampled, burned, or exhausted were seen in sudden droves. Families were evacuated to Arcadia and Messenia while volunteers rotated through to combat the fire. The chaos and panic was so great that Raveena couldn’t concentrate on physically combating the fire, and was coordinating the Efforts between her Captains, who relayed their orders to their Enforcers to assist where they could. All around, the area teemed with black uniforms as medics attended the sick, Magi split their work between assisting the medics, assisting the evacuations and assisting in the fire.

The numbers were spreading thin.

As panic, chaos, and exhaustion ensued, Jinsoku found himself standing and apparently meditating? That's what it looked like anyway. Truly he was preparing a large amount of his Yoki in hopes of aiding with putting out these wretched, abnormal flames. Unfortunately he was no magi, nor did his carry elemental affinity outside of the electrical one he was widely known for. Though this didn't mean he couldn't potentially be of assistance. With his eyes remaining shut, his open fists that were so firmly and symmetrically pressed together parted slowly but surely. Between his hand could already be seen forces of crackling blue electricity, his face turning beat red as a rather large vein made itself apparent upon his forehead. When his hands were parted about as wide as his jest, he extended his elbows, hoisting his hand into the air finger tips first before flipping his finger out to his respective sides. This allowed his palms to usher a rather potent surge of electricity into the clear skies above, save for the smoke polluting the air. Easily, doubt came, and people continued to discount his worth as they struggled against the flames in such high numbers. Once the electricity had been loosed into the heavens however, Jinsoku's face cleared to it's original make. His eyes opened and he suddenly moved with haste to start pulling the weak and fatigued, incapacitated and not away from the hellish flames of the pyreflies. It's what Master James had taught him, to save lives first. He would let more knowledgeable minds focus on the source of the fire, while he focused on the fire itself and those caught victim to it. Jinsoku managed to help maybe a half a dozen to a dozen people before the first signs came. The unmistakable scent of rain.

In contrast to the plumes of smoke billowing up, the sight of grey clouds having mysteriously and rapidly accumulated carried with them no apparent electricity itself. Though precipitation was swelled in them in abundance. They started slow, the rains, though it didn't take long before they were released in blankets. The sudden down pour made itself audibly apparent, the collision with the flames creating more smoke along with steam and the unmistakable hiss of the heat competing with the falling waters. Jinsoku couldn't be certain if he ultimately helped or hurt the situation, though if his act only became poor in respect to the foundation itself, then for him it was a worthy sacrifice when weighed against the lives of people.

The first attempt at controlling fires not of his creation being a success, Mensa looked for more ways to help. However, he was unsure if he would have the same success so he would look to other ways to help out. If he could not keep the flames from the people, then the reverse would have to be enough for now.

"Alright, crowd control it is." He would then focus his attempts on keeping the already panicked crowd from causing any more damage to either themselves, or their surroundings. He wondered if any of the other districts would be of help, and came to the conclusion that this district would no longer be safe for them as long as the flames still raged. So with a little bit of effort, he made his way atop a large stack of boxes and began to direct crowd traffic.

"Alright! Everyone, to the other districts!"

The flames were spreading, and the crowd seemingly would not listen to his words. So, instead of trying to plead with them, he would simply attempt to make himself a bit more louder. And this did not only mean his words, but also his appearance as well. How would he go about that? Well, by becoming a huge spectacle, of course! He would concentrate, keeping his focus on not causing any damage to his surroundings before he appeared to explode into a grand ball of flame. His light was bright, more so than the ones that threatened the community at large. Eyes would turn to him, before they would be assaulted by his now shouting voice.

"I SAID, EVERYONE TAKE YOUR BUTTS TO THE OTHER DISTRICTS! IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH ONE, JUST GO!!!"

There, hopefully his words would keep people from aimlessly running around...doing nothing. Now, they could do the exact same thing, and have it save their lives instead. And honestly, from the looks of it, some of these people needed a little more cardio in their lives.

But before he could continue with his 'helping' ways...it would begin to rain. Weird, he was sure that there was no chance of such a thing happening today, but alas, here it was. The rain was sudden, and it was not a little drizzle by any means. Any and all flames would be quick to weaken, including his own. Slowly, his flames would wither away to nothing but smoke...but at least the other flames were facing the same fate. Now, surrounded by nothing but smoke, he would stare around as the crowd he had gathered just moments before would scatter to the wind.

"Well...guess I should go check on the Mage's Guild building, then."

Satisfied with the current result harbored by his ability, and of course as soon as his feeling had returned enough to avoid clumsily falling, Jinsoku rushed into action. He would abuse his passive ability of Electrolocation to pin point any stranded persons inside the the building around them both complete and not. First was a building of floors, a complete concrete exterior and a not so complete interior. On the third floor, nearly a dozen men and women found themselves needing assistance escaping the lit building. Fortunately the flames were under control at this point, however, smoke inhalation was still a very dangerous thing in and of itself. Jinsoku took a deep breath and sighed lightly before sprinting at the outer wall nearest him and leaping at it. As if he intended to kick off of it, he landed sideways in a three point stand. To many's surprise however, he clung to it in the most peculiar way. Standing erect, he jogged up the side of the building for a window nearest the endangered. Standing just before the window, Jinsoku jumped up, or at this angle straight out to the side of the building. Drifting into position over the window, he found his would be patch of gravity and completely his jump with a harsh drive of his heels. Feet first he smashed through the window, covering his face with his arms as he sailed  through the room until he naturally fell to the actual ground, rolling to a stop in order to avoid unnecessary injury. 

Already he could hear the coughing of several of them, though from the sounds of it, a couple of them were perhaps already incapacitated. This wasn't good. Despite the window being knocked out, there simply wasn't enough air flow. Even worse they couldn't take the interior route. That left Jinsoku would only one other option. Jinsoku looked to the wall he had entered the building from. He sprinted towards it as his burning eyes narrowed in protest, yet refused to shut in this desperate time. If he couldn't get them outside safely, he would bring outside to them. They at least needed air to survive until true help could be provided to their evacuation, or the flames naturally subsided on their own. Perhaps the other guy that seemed to be able to manipulate flame itself would be able to make them passage out of here, but they had to be able to survive until his help was afforded still. Cocking his an invisible bubble formed around, composed only of neutrons. At the best calculated moment, Jinsoku naturally rolled his momentum with his prior motion, in which he lunged into a fierce overhead punch. Colliding with the centermost portion of the wall, he blew out a huge 10x10 portion. The vacuum the force created sucked out a healthy cloud of smoke, granting the stranded a surplus of fresh air.

"Let's get the incapacitated one's closer to the opening!"

Jinsoku continued to remain calm despite their situation. He rushed back to them an helped bring the faint to the new source of air. Once the were all moved, he continued to control his breathing and swept a sweat from his brow with a lone finger. That's when he heard the panicked voice of one of the women, she exclaimed that the man nearest her was not breathing. Jinsoku rushed over, which at the closer proximity he could tell for certain that there was no signature of electromagnetic pulses within his body. This man's heart had stopped. Not knowing how long he was left like this, he felt CPR would be poor on it's own, though perhaps he could use some mild shock in tandem with massaging the heart to kick start the man's systems once more. Jinsoku came to his knees beside the man, his hand found the man's chest. With the right reinforcing the left, he began to pump the man's chest. Every third pump featuring a mild jolt with it. Four repetitions was all it took, thankfully. The man jumped awake, reaching for the heavens as he gasped for air. Jinsoku kept him on the ground as he attempted to sooth the man's immense fear with simple fact of where he was an what was going on. 

"Sir, I need you to relax. My name is Jinsoku, you are in Kastoria, there has been an accident leading to multiple fires across the area. Your breathing had stopped, but it seems now that you will be okay. Don't mind the tingling or stabbing pain, numbness or the spasms you are feeling in your muscles. This will subside within minutes." 

It too a collective force. Those that specialized in wind, those that knew sand, and those that could help contort water. The rain became rain, before the cold temperatures left it being slush that fell heavier. Cold winds from the northern mountains were brought it, and Raveena helped to guide the muddying mess to the fire. Already a fourth of the district was being consumed.

Some of the Magi were pulling away the oxygen that fueled the flames. Others whom were called Fire Tamers by the Matreyan refugees were coaxing small bouts of fire away before safely extinguishing the element. The wind had to be managed carefully—had sweep in the sand and dirt without fanning the flames too easily. The steam of rain to fire was used to keep further buildings from catching and burning.

The trampled, the frightened and the injured were being escorted through district streets. Tents had been erected all over. Raveena felt the wear of using her abilities without the assistance of Orisia’s La’Ruta, but poured her effort into it all the same. Her skill lay in manipulating water, and she helped doused buildings that were untouched so that they’d not burn so easily. Vera and a group of engineers were working tirelessly to haul dirt, sand and snow from beyond the walls to help put out the flames in conjunction to Jin's own assistance from overhead rain.

Through the night they were working, tirelessly quelling the flames. Foot by foot it was receding, snuffed and quelled.

Tea, blankets, and medical supplies were supplied from Raveena's ring--the very same that Malik had provided to her two years prior when she was selling her property. She was grateful to see Mensa again, and for his help and all that he had done for her people. She made a mental note to commemorate him and focused back on her task at hand. The rations were enough to keep the refugees fed for a year, and still they managed a bountiful harvest to bring before they had arrived. Medicals teams fanned out in no particular order, but attended to the civilians based on the severity of their injuries. Some were even turning up dead--crushed by the stampede of terrified citizens, burnt by flames they couldn't escape. Already a small cemetery was being dug as corpses were wrapped and buried.

"Orionis!" Raveena called over the crowds. Her young Wyvern would be the best chance for handling the rest. The young Wyvern was reluctant and--dare she say it--scared to approach his mother. She could only imagine how discouraged he was. She had heard the rumors as she came through--that it was he who had started the fires, but she knew better--as did Johari. She reached up, running her naked palm along the underside of his jaw, "Ehtah wer qanescir bleviki batobot re duulo vur sone astahi." She gently commanded--giving him something to do was the best way for him to recover. And he gave a shrill cry, awkwardly clamoring around the nearly empty streets to complete his task.

There was still a lot of work to be done.

@Grim Wolf

@Twitterpated