supernal

The factions are coming! - civil war, phase 2

The Shield Family will be gathered and represented somewhere near Tia with Derrin, Falstadt, and Halstadt, unless those latter two are called to duty, and they will serve to fight for a nationalist vision of Terrenus, hoping to restore it to the previous glory they felt they should have only ever had to fight other nations for. I'd like this to be acknowledged whether or not I am welcome to write them as involved as such. 

Separately, I'd be interested in being involved in a faction in The Hills of Noddendody if anyone else is, and The Witch's Trilogy is available for that. 

11 hours ago, Wanderlost said:

The Shield Family will be gathered and represented somewhere near Tia with Derrin, Falstadt, and Halstadt, unless those latter two are called to duty, and they will serve to fight for a nationalist vision of Terrenus, hoping to restore it to the previous glory they felt they should have only ever had to fight other nations for. I'd like this to be acknowledged whether or not I am welcome to write them as involved as such. 

Separately, I'd be interested in being involved in a faction in The Hills of Noddendody if anyone else is, and The Witch's Trilogy is available for that. 

If you didn't get picked here you'd still be able to establish a location for your family outside of the scope of the CW events 

So just so I'm clear is this a definitive hands up to go after a faction? 

I’d like to ask the zones edited to reflect Patia’s sovereignty over the mountainous region to its immediate right, as well as Marlboro Keep, which hasn’t been governed by Terrenus for several years now. Both former and latter are part of canon lore, unless I’m mistaken.

Edited by Roen

10 minutes ago, Roen said:

I’d like to ask the zones edited to reflect Patia’s sovereignty over the mountainous region to its immediate left, as well as Marlboro Keep, which hasn’t been governed by Terrenus for several years now. Both former and latter are part of canon lore, unless I’m mistaken.

Marlboro Keep falls into the same category as Selemath, detailed in the post, and Tazarek. Which is to say even though it's physically inside of a region it's an existing property that can't be challenged for. I didn't feel / think it was necessary to start sweating over punching little holes in the colored layers 

Marlboro Keep is for sure canonized but this is the first I'm hearing about the mountain range. PM me supporting canon material for this please 

Edited by supernal

I’d love to PM it to you, and I will do as soon as I’ve been given the permissions to do so. If not, you can refer to Patia’s lore article, here: 

Topography, third paragraph. This was submitted directly to you several years ago via PM for review and was subsequently approved and posted by you in the Patia section during the Terran city content overhauls.

36 minutes ago, supernal said:

Item 3 under "claiming a faction" gives 3 possible plot line suggestions 

I did read that. I like that part and I think I'm getting it, slowly. So in part 2, when we take over these factions, are these factions we make up to take over or are they listed somewhere?

I’d love to PM it to you, and I will do as soon as I’ve been given the permissions to do so. If not, you can refer to Patia’s lore article, here: 

Topography, third paragraph. This was submitted directly to you several years ago via PM for review and was subsequently approved and posted by you in the Patia section during the Terran city content overhauls.

I think I see the part you mean. Third paragraph where it talks about Patia offering protection to the outlying villages? That can remain but it doesn't translate to me as "sovereignty over the mountainous region", which reads to me as an absolute control over the whole region as opposed to an established presence over populated parts of it

Consider that a mistake / misunderstanding on my part when first reviewing the article then. I took it as flavor text, not actual and literal land holdings. There was an actual thread canonized for your claiming of Patia the city. I don't feel comfortable essentially giving away several hundred miles of mountain range for a few sentences in a lore article, so whether this requires a rewrite of that section of the article or just a shift in mental perspective I'll leave up to you

Edited by supernal

1 minute ago, Cheezeegriff said:

I did read that. I like that part and I think I'm getting it, slowly. So in part 2, when we take over these factions, are these factions we make up to take over or are they listed somewhere?

They're factions you make up. I wanted to give a lot of the creative control to the players participating. I figure it's more fun for them, and certainly less for me to write up and manage up front

I apologize, I meant the second paragraph. 

‘Coming from a south-western approach, anyone crossing the road from Marlboro Keep to the nameless mountains in the north will find themselves treading into lands outreached to the Black City. Rich farmsteads provide the Black City, neighboring villages and holdfasts with foodstuffs. Here, four man patrols can be seen, carrying messages and other paraphernalia, both civilian and military, between Marlboro Keep to the south and the Black City to the north. Watchtowers every few dozen leagues line the road, while a minor keep at the mountain pass provides and intermediary military presence between Patia and Marlboro Keep.’

I apologize, I meant the second paragraph. 

‘Coming from a south-western approach, anyone crossing the road from Marlboro Keep to the nameless mountains in the north will find themselves treading into lands outreached to the Black City. Rich farmsteads provide the Black City, neighboring villages and holdfasts with foodstuffs. Here, four man patrols can be seen, carrying messages and other paraphernalia, both civilian and military, between Marlboro Keep to the south and the Black City to the north. Watchtowers every few dozen leagues line the road, while a minor keep at the mountain pass provides and intermediary military presence between Patia and Marlboro Keep.’

It's still my bad because I read it as flavor text, not literal land holdings. I just had a conversation with Tyler over PM about how people starting with parcels of land over 70 sq. miles is usually too much for me hence why it's the number for the Opps thread when I had it), and the factions here are 25. That people can grow out from there with canonized roleplay/content, and things of that nature. Just putting sentences in a lore article isn't satisfactory enough for me to say, sure, take the whole mountain range. I'd have to see some actual roleplay, submitted through the canon process, reviewed and approved, to do that. I misunderstood the intent when reviewing the lore for the first time however many years ago. Like those farmsteads and NPC villagers paying homage to Patia can continue to exist but it doesn't translate to "sovereignty over the mountainous region". That's too much, all at once, for very little

Edited by supernal