Valucre
  • Announcements

Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend Season 3

Carol sipped her tea again, glancing back at Natheniel. She was quite surprised that he mistook her healing as magic. "Of course I don't have a magical talent. I use what I can around me, whether it is the leaves of plants or the chemicals made from factories." She sighed and took out yet another medicinal product. It was some sulfa powder, her last tube. "I put this on open wounds, so they aren't infected. I may not heal as quick as magicians, but I still can do my job just as well." She put the tube back in her bag, and found her pistol. Carol decided it would be a good idea to show him it, to not hide anything. She took it out and put it on the leaf. "This is how I defend myself. It is an original .45 Luger, back from where I came from." Carol decided she would save the story of her homeworld for another day.

@Ellipsis

With a small laugh, Nat couldn't help the grin on his face. "Ah, right. One of those." He tucked his long hair back behind his ear and took yet another sip. He supposed it made sense. A great many peoples didn't have magic and still required help. Medicinal aid. He nodded at his own thoughts as he put them to words "It's a honorable thing to learn. I probably should have paid more attention to it. Seems like it would be useful to know. Have you ever had to administer upon your self?" he asks as he eyes her removing a weapon and placing it upon the leaf. I guess he was getting the 411 on all things Carol today. "That looks decidedly lethal." He comments.

@Pickled

Carol grins, thinking of the moments of the past. All of those times she had to wrap herself up, give herself some terrible tasting concoction, or even kill a dragon. "I have enough experience to say I have." She looked at her pistol again after sipping her tea. Carol found it when she was on her first scouting mission, just lying on the ground. Back then she had no idea of what it truly was. She picked it up and dismantled it quickly, giving Nat a crash course on how it worked. "It's made of metal and wood, and is quite easy to use." She reassembled it just as quickly, and slipped it back into her bag. It is considered barbaric in someplaces, but it is pretty useful." Carol thought of her first time hunting a dragon, and how easily the bullet flew through its skull. She remembered firing the last shot at the battle, finishing off the general for good. 

"What about you? What do you do for a living?"

@Ellipsis

Edited by Pickled

He should have expected the question, yet somehow Nat was caught off guard by it. He was all well and interested in the weapon she showcased, but blanked for a moment at her final question. "I don't really know, anymore." He responded with honesty. "I suppose I need to get that figured out. Hard to live without  a living." Nat then admits. He supposed he wasn't too bad off though. He still had his armor and he still had his weapons. He also still had his wit, and was able-bodied. "Perhaps you know of some work?" He asks, jokingly, but only sort of. He finishes off the mug in his hand and sets it down unceremoniously.

@Pickled

Not that she remembered, but in her past life, Lady Abalena was known for her intimidating gaze. Her dark eyes could crumple the wills of warriors. Now, watching Carol avoid them made those memories dance on her brain like a name would on the tip of someone's tongue. She ran her hands uselessly over the creases of her decaying dress with a frustrated air. Her fingers passed over a frigid lump netted into the lace of her dress. She turned the material over and found that the lump was particular to the upside of the lace, as if it didn't exist on the other side. She studied the flat mesh curiously. She turned it over, inexplicably feeling some weight on the spot where the mass manifested. She clinched the fabric in her left fist, concentrating on the discontinuity of the situation. She drew her fist back, the fabric protesting, heating up, and then cooling to its cold temperature. She felt a second object corporealize from the lace. She opened her palm and found the delicate material of her skirt and a mysterious obsidian ring in it.

Carol smiled, and knew what must happen. With everything back in her bag and her cup of tea, she gestured Nat to stand up and walked over to the dead woman. "Perhaps maybe there is a quest we can go on?" she asked, looking at the woman and then back at Nat. Carol's itch for adventure was suddenly back, and bigger than before.

@Ellipsis

@Dizzy00

With a curious glint in his deep purple eyes, Nat followed Carol over to what had to be either the worst looking living being on the planet, or the best looking dead one. He wasn't sure where this 'woman' fell on that line. He watched, wondering just what Carol thought they would accomplish. A quest? A small smile creased his lips as he appraised the dead-ish woman. What could this one bring to such an endeavor?

"Hello." He greeted, offering a kind tone as if he considered all on equal ground until proven otherwise.

@Dizzy00
@Pickled

"Dragon blood?" Tsidia felt her own fluids heat up as she listened to the fellas at a nearby table. Was there some sort of hunt going on? Is that where all this destruction came from? Before she knew it, Tsidia succumbed to her paranoia. Several long moments would pass before she rolled over to pouncing position. Her claws were hanging above the ground. Her pose shifted to ambiguous one, but not alarming just yet. A wave of warmth rushed over her body. Her patterned wings folded. The dragoness kicked herself off. Her body collapsed on the ground like a spring. Her muscles tensed up, breath froze, then... the leap

With a feline grace, the ness landed on her front paws. Seconds before her claws would lock on her prey, the dragoness pulled her form back and straightened herself. They were talking about... a drink? Tsidia started to feel her cheeks blushing deep purple with crimson lines. Her breath speed up, as she felt the gaze of everyone in the tavern lock on her. Somehow, the ness didn't seem to mind. In a way known only to her, she enjoyed this humiliation. By the time she opened her maw to speak, the two strangers already drifted to a different topic.

"S-sorry", Tsidia purred out in a shy tone. "I misheard you talking and I... grrrr", the ness shook her snout, fighting her submissive, sorry urges and maintain her playful pose. "I felt threatened at the mention of dragon's blood."

The ness didn't see anything wrong with settling her form down on their table. "You can call me Tsidia~"

Edited by Tsidia, the mind player

She greeted Nat. Carol gathered a small crowd with the end of obtaining a job. She acknowledged the members with a nod and slid the ring into the lining of her skirt. It was likely that this small piece of jewelry was involved in her murder. She needed to find out what had happened. Even if she distrusted these people, the corpse was in dire need of silver, and she could see that the abilities of the individuals would make them invaluable as a team.

" Carol," she whispered walking up to the woman," I need help."

She showed her the ring which had been cloaked in the dress earlier, " I recognize this thing, it- I think it belongs to the Coucy's house. Help me get to them. " 

The slimy little creature hissed in frustration at being thrown outside the bar. It snuck back in as soon as the door opened and climbed the rafters to watch the Coucy dismantle the ring from her skirt. 

Smart girl, it thought. The animal sent a pulse through the air. 

Back at the dilapidated Coucy estate, an older man in a ruffled blue suit felt a pulse in his imitation of the Coucy family ring. He stared at it disbelieving. 

That bitch, he whispered.

"Bring back, the ring"  he ordered the creature. 

Bella knew that the time has come. She was getting weaker from being away from her home for so long. Now, it's time to return. 

As she considered leaving, she looked at the mysterious map that brought her here and wondered if she can ever return. She followed a random location on the map and ended here. After going back, she might not be able to find the tavern of legend again. 

She went around saying goodbye and thanking everyone in the tavern, in case she doesn't come back here.

She is finally leaving the tavern, the place of her first adventure, of her first friends, of her first battle. It will be a long journey home. 

After studying the map for a short while, she think she found the location of her home, or is it? The map was worn out and the location labels in the map had faded away. She just hoped she won't get lost. She decided she'll wait till night to start the journey.

---------------------------------------------------

With the map in her hands, Bella spread her wings and took off, heading home. In the darkness of night, her dark hair and dress seems to camouflage perfectly with the sky.

Tsidia blinked at the sudden invitation. After brief consideration, the ness slithered her way to Carol. "Is it really that simple to you?", she snorted. Well, it wasn't like the dragoness had anything better to do anyway. "Count me in", she chirped and nuzzled between Carol's legs. Soon, she was wrapped around him like a cat. Only the tip of her tail was sticking out.

With raised eyebrows, Nat could only watch in abject disbelief. Their party grew instantly, and by a degree he hadn't expected. He eyed the dragoness in particular, a glint of mirth in his eyes. "Welcome." He says, giving her a nod and a healthy respectable distance. It wasn't that he was scared. It was more that he just didn't want to die, and she seemed the sort that could make that happen. His hand absentmindedly came to rest on the hilt of his blade, a weapon that was crafted with fine attention to detail. Though all that mattered little if you didn't know how to use it.

"So, where is it we're going?"