Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend Season 3

Alkha stopped in front of the tavern, looking quickly around. So. This was it. The Tavern of Legend. Her hand rested on the hilt of Ayastelle as she steeled herself. It was nothing. Just a tavern. She’d been in taverns before, hadn’t she? 

She’d just never come this far. It was odd.

Without another second of thought, she pushed open the door and strolled inside. It was bigger on the inside, she could say that. The floors spiralled upwards, and it was crowded, crowded with people. Alkha sighed, looking at the weapons counter. Of course there was a weapons counter.

She walked over, unsheathing Ayastelle and putting it on the counter, along with her daggers and the vials of poison. Giving the pile of weapons a quick glance, she gave the overseer a quick smile, and headed into the tavern, settling down on a seat beside one of the walls.

Looking slightly towards the woman that had sat down not too far away from himself, he noticed she wore an empty sheath.  

Trying to be inconspicuous, Chad merely glaced in her direction. "They had your best weapons taken too, huh? Interesting place, this tavern.  Plenty of goods to stea-er-plenty of goods to trade around here." 

@Nebula

17 minutes ago, Monoxide said:

Looking slightly towards the woman that had sat down not too far away from himself, he noticed she wore an empty sheath.  

Trying to be inconspicuous, Chad merely glaced in her direction. "They had your best weapons taken too, huh? Interesting place, this tavern.  Plenty of goods to stea-er-plenty of goods to trade around here." 

@Nebula

She nodded, looking towards the man, scanning him. “You’re a thief?”

She didn’t answer his question. He could probably guess the answer.

Edited by Nebula

9 minutes ago, Nebula said:

She nodded, looking towards the man, scanning him. “You’re a thief?”

Chad sighed, whatever cover he had was now blown. "Of a sort.  I see something I want, I barter for it.  If that doesn't work, I take it."  Chad's voice lowers, mildy threateningly.  "I don't suppose you intend to get in my way."

Edited by Monoxide

Just now, Monoxide said:

Chad sighed, whatever cover he had was nowblown.  "Of a sort.  I see something I want, I barter for it.  If that doesn't work, I take it."  Chad's voice lowers, mildy threateningly.  "I don't suppose you intend to get in my way."

Alkha stifled a smile. So he wasn’t too friendly of a person.

She leaned towards him. “No trouble from me. You don’t seem worth it.”

Chad smirked at the woman's reply.

"We won't have any problems here then.  I don't think I caught your name."  Chad tapped his fingers rhythmically on the armrest of his seat.

Just now, Monoxide said:

Chad smirked at the woman's reply.

"We won't have any problems here then.  I don't think I caught your name."  Chad tapped his fingers rhythmically on the armrest of his seat.

"Alkha." She replied, tipping her seat back and resting it against the wall.

"Yours?"

"Chad," he answered, and then looked around The Tavern to make sure no one was listening. 

"I've heard you're name before.  I believe we'll be seeing each other soon, at the Mausoleum, if I am not mistaken."

1 hour ago, Monoxide said:

"Chad," he answered, and then looked around The Tavern to make sure no one was listening. 

"I've heard you're name before.  I believe we'll be seeing each other soon, at the Mausoleum, if I am not mistaken."

She looked surprised for a second, but quickly shifted back to a normal expression. So this was Chad.

"Indeed you will." She replied, looking towards the door and seeing a small group of (slightly tipsy) people enter, before turning back to Chad.

"So, where are you from?"

Edited by Nebula

2 hours ago, Nebula said:

She looked surprised for a second, but quickly shifted back to a normal expression. So this was Chad.

"Indeed you will." She replied, looking towards the door and seeing a small group of (slightly tipsy) people enter, before turning back to Chad.

"So, where are you from?"

He looked suspiciously at Alkha.  "I could ask the same to you.  The raid's success depends on our ability to work as a group.  I come from a distant town in Renovatio, one with a name even I can't remember, for the town was destroyed when I was very young.  The rest is history.  I have traveled throughout Valucre, alone, fighting my way to be the most powerful thief around."  

Chad frowned, eyeing the weapons counter.  The overseer looked at him with pity, shaking his head.

6 hours ago, Monoxide said:

He looked suspiciously at Alkha.  "I could ask the same to you.  The raid's success depends on our ability to work as a group.  I come from a distant town in Renovatio, one with a name even I can't remember, for the town was destroyed when I was very young.  The rest is history.  I have traveled throughout Valucre, alone, fighting my way to be the most powerful thief around."  

Chad frowned, eyeing the weapons counter.  The overseer looked at him with pity, shaking his head.

"Hm." She gave him another glance. "Not sure if you're there yet, though."

He really did like his weapons, didn't he?

9 hours ago, Nebula said:

"Hm." She gave him another glance. "Not sure if you're there yet, though."

He really did like his weapons, didn't he?

He sighed dramatically.  "You like to keep things hidden, do ya?  Hate to break it to you, but thieves find out the things they want to know eventually."  Chad winked slyly.

"Anyhow, I should be off to the Mausoleum to plan the raid.  Unless you plan on following me, this is farewell for now." He walked up to the weapons counter and asked for his weapons.  The overseer handed them back, a bit hesitantly, for Chad glared at him intently the entire procedure.  

Just now, Monoxide said:

He sighed dramatically.  "You like to keep things hidden, do ya?  Hate to break it to you, but thieves find out the things they want to know eventually."  Chad winked slyly.

"Anyhow, I should be off to the Mausoleum to plan the raid.  Unless you plan on following me, this is farewell for now." He walked up to the weapons counter and asked for his weapons.  The overseer handed them back, a bit hesitantly, for Chad glared at him intently the entire procedure.  

"I'll go with you." Alkha replied, getting up, and taking a final look around the tavern. She slipped through the tables, coming up to the weapons counter and asking for her weapons.

The overseer handed them to her, eyeing Chad warily. Alkha stowed them back in their places.

@Markus White

“I’ll go fetch one for you,” Vaddock said. He returned shortly with two bottles of vodka. “Could use one yourself, maybe. She should be fine in a bit. Solomon’s pretty experienced at healing, with the things that go down here at the tavern. By the way, what is your plan after this? Where would you go, since you’re being hunted?”

@Nebula @Monoxide

The man at the weapons counter gave them their items, eyeing the assortment. It wasn’t that he hadn’t seen these weapons before - almost anyone who passed by these parts carried weapons - but it was the way Chad had looked at him. He seemed to be a person who was only comfortable with his weapons, meaning he had no qualms about using them in any situation. He wasn’t sure if the girl was wise to follow him, but it was not his business to interfere.

”Where are you two headed?” He asked. “We have warp gates here in the tavern that connects to any of the three continents on Valucre. We can send you to a gate that is the nearest to your destination, if you’re interested.”

1 hour ago, Nebula said:

"I'll go with you." Alkha replied, getting up, and taking a final look around the tavern. She slipped through the tables, coming up to the weapons counter and asking for her weapons.

The overseer handed them to her, eyeing Chad warily. Alkha stowed them back in their places.

"Very well, let's be off then."  He sheathed his dark-as-night great sword on his back, and pocketed the chip the counter overseer had given him.  He quickly headed out the door of The Tavern, stopping just short outside to wait impatiently for Alkha.  He faintly heard the weapons counter man call out about there being warp gates within The Tavern.

Well, that will make the journey quicker, we can take a gate to Terrenus, and the Mausoleum from there.

Edited by Monoxide