Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend Season 3

Just now, jaistlyn said:

@Markus White

“I’ll go fetch one for you,” Vaddock said. He returned shortly with two bottles of vodka. “Could use one yourself, maybe. She should be fine in a bit. Solomon’s pretty experienced at healing, with the things that go down here at the tavern. By the way, what is your plan after this? Where would you go, since you’re being hunted?”

@Nebula @Monoxide

The man at the weapons counter gave them their items, eyeing the assortment. It wasn’t that he hadn’t seen these weapons before - almost anyone who passed by these parts carried weapons - but it was the way Chad had looked at him. He seemed to be a person who was only comfortable with his weapons, meaning he had no qualms about using them in any situation. He wasn’t sure if the girl was wise to follow him, but it was not his business to interfere.

”Where are you two headed?” He asked. “We have warp gates here in the tavern that connects to any of the three continents on Valucre. We can send you to a gate that is the nearest to your destination, if you’re interested.”

@Monoxide

Alkha paused, waving Chad over. This would be quicker, much quicker.

"We're headed towards the Maloseum. And I, certainly, am interested."

@Nebula

Chad noticed Alkha's motioning, and shuffled back to the weapons counter.  "I believe I heard there are warp gates to the continents in this place?"  He wished he had known that before spending a week walking to The Tavern.

Edited by Monoxide
oooooo fonts

He looks at Vaddock

"I'm not going anywhere. As a former soldier I made it my  duty to protect those in danger. I almost caused someone's death, I have a life debt on my hand and plan to repay it. If I may, I would like to volunteer as a guard for this tavern if you allow me"

@Markus White

Vaddock pondered for a moment. “It’s not that I wouldn’t allow you to, but the tavern is not the most dangerous place. It will be a waste of your skills if you stay here. Besides, we have Night, who is an incredible fighter himself too. A retired Edgemaster. Why not join an organization dedicated to protecting people instead? Justice, for example, or the military in Terrenus or in one of the nations of Renovatio.”

@Monoxide @Nebula

“Yeah, the warp gates will bring you to a few locations in the continents. It’s a one-way portal though. No one really knows how exactly they reach our tavern, they just happen to find their way here,” he shrugged. “Where is this Mausoleum? On which continent? Any major landmarks it is close to?”

He nods as he looks at the new girl and sighs
"At first light, will you lead me to Justice? I feel like they would be a very good help to this dying world."
Once he had finished speaking, he had headed for the door and went back into the tavern

The girl lay still with his eyes closed and once she heard him leave she opened her eyes and spoke with a tangy yet sweet and gentle voice
"Is he gone?"

@jaistlyn

"The Mausoleum is located in Last Chance, within Terrenus, I believe."  he pondered.  He looked at the warp gates, seemingly guessing which one would lead to the quickest path onward.

Edited by Monoxide

A young woman entered the Tavern, white-haired, thin, and dressed in black and white robes. She had strange blood red lips, which she touched tentatively. Frowning, she approached the counter and sat down, fixing her head band as she asked, "Anything good around here?"

Solomon looks at the new woman who entered the tavern dressed in black and white. He set a glass down in front of her and smiled, welcomingly. "Anything good huh? Well if you want drink we have just about everything." He motions to the shelves behind him. "Most of this is alcohol with the exception of a few juices and waters. Fancy folk." Quickly he pulls up the soda tap dispenser. "And we also have the most intense collection of soda, all on one machine." Carefully placing the dispenser back down he points behind him towards the kitchen. "And Ghallan can cook anything. There's probably nothing he hasn't cooked." 

@haberdane

@Markus White

Vaddock called after him. “No one knows where Justice’s base is, perhaps they don’t have one. But they go wherever they perceive injustice. If you make a name for yourself putting the wrongs of the world right, I’m sure they will take notice of you soon.”

The door closed behind him, and the girl opened her eyes immediately. She had been feigning asleep while they had been talking. “Yes, he’s gone,” Vaddock said, pursing his lips. “Do you know him?”

@Monoxide

“Oh, a major city. Sure, this one right here will bring you straight to Last Chance.” He went over to one of the gates and fiddled with something. A cold glow emitted from the circular platform and shifted through hues of blue and green. “I heard that the city has not yet fully recovered from the Legend of Doom attack months back. Sections of the city may be in ruins, particularly near the beach and prisons. But there shouldn’t be much danger since the Terran military has secured it. Good luck with your objective!” He waved the two off.

She slowly sits up and winces in pain as she rests her back against the wall as she sits on the bed. She turns her head to the man in the room with her
"Yes I do. His name is Markus White and he's my.... well... It's complicated. But what he told you is true. He is the best soldier in Genesaris and the best swordsman I have ever seen. But fair warning, he says he'll be leaving first light, he's already gone or he is downstairs drinking and enjoying the night."

She slowly moves her right shoulder strap of her corset revealing a tattoo of his name and three kisses on her shoulder blade and takes a glance before quickly covering it up and returning her attention to the man
"The things that attacked me were Banshees. But what will confuse Markus is that these banshees attack like a Harpy but with a little difference. You see Harpies normally attack a females chest, they attacked my stomach with only one scratch on my chest. Tell him you heard me mutter the words 'Solve and Coagula' please"

Markus had re-entered the tavern and was sitting by the bar with a glass of whiskey and a bottle of wine sitting next to him. He was talking to a barista about what had happened earlier on and the rest of his adventures. He spoke of his journeys in Terrenus and his encounter with some escaped convicts, his adventure in the badlands and even started to talk about his sister even though that brought a tear to his eye 

Please kill me

Don't you lay a hand on this body.

End it. I need you to end this. He's dangerous and I'm losing this battle. This is the only way.

I can't believe you think so lowly of me. I believed we were friends. Friends kill for each other, don't they?

SOMEONE KILL ME. FOR YOUR OWN PRESERVATION!

I suppose I will show them true devastation. For you, my friend. 

The wanderer pushed back a well of emotion, grimacing at the harsh memory. A scowl carved its way across his face and he welcomed it as an old friend as he trudged forward. The sound of metal scratching stone filled the path as dragged his spear after him with the tip carving a line through the ground. Newly sharpened, but he didn't care. Indeed, he doubted anyone cared. He was walking through an area that had long forgone giving a damn and oh so perfect for one such as him. A tired traveler in a tired land. Fitting. 

It was cold. He was cold. HIs cloak did its job, but against the chilled winds it was fighting a losing battle. He looked to the sun, cursing its inefficiency. All of that flame, and it was still freezing down here. I should be dead. 

The thought flashed through his head and was quickly gone, but not before he flinched. If only. He tightened his grip on the shaft of the spear and looked back down the path he was following. What...?

It stood before him with no right to be there. He hadn't seen it but there it was. His stomach rumbled in anticipation, and he found himself eager to enter. In a swift motion, his wrist twisted and the spear spun in response, the butt of the staff hitting the ground with a thunk as the spearhead shone in the sunlight above his head. The traveler walked toward the tavern with caution, taking in its edifice slowly. So small but...

He pushed open the doors without preamble, and a gust of air blew his hood down, revealing the face of a man in his late twenties and the weary lines of a man with a story. He scratched at his stubble, grey eyes taking in the scene before him. It was far too big for its outward appearance. And so full of denizens? How? How long had he been walking? Was this what he thought it was?

It was supposed to be a story. False in creation, but true in purpose. To inspire children and nothing more. But here it was. His spear was taken from him and he looked at the chip that had taken its spot. Fascinating. The man approached the bar, visibly dumbfounded. He caught a scent of food and nearly collapsed at the counter.

"I'll eat anything," he said to the bartender. "My name is Hain."

Solomon saw the man almost collapse in front of him and heard 'I'll eat anything'. He chuckled and went back into the kitchen before coming out with a steak with a side of fries. As he came back he placed the plate of food in front of the new patron and placed an empty glass next to him before filling it with water. "I'll let payment slide on this meal. You look like you need it."

@ticklefarte

Hain looked at the man, mouth parted to offer a reply. He decided against doing so, instead going for the water and taking a long drink of it. He downed the contents and wiped his lips with a dirty hand. The food was his next target and it didn't stand a chance. An initial taste of the steak pleasantly surprised him. Of course this place made good food he shouldn't have been surprised. 

It was some time before Hain came up for air with a weary expression on his face. His eyes fixed on the bartender, then the girl he'd been tending to before Hain had arrived. With his head on a swivel, he looked at the rest of the patrons. Not as happy as he'd believed. Turning back to the bartender, Hain pushed the fries away. "I prefer cheese," he said. "But you have my gratitude. I certainly wish I had the money to pay you."

He suddenly leaned in closer, staring the man in the eyes with his own stoney gaze. "Is this really it? The Tavern of Legend?"

@SteamWarden

@SteamWarden

The young woman nodded solemnly, as if the choices disappointed her. The truth was that something he mentioned brought back memories she chose to forget.

Rubbing her wrist, the woman scanned the shelves, hmphing at the variety of choices, and settled more comfortably in her seat. Grinning, she replied, "I'll take the strongest you've got, sir. Oh, and would you have any..." She made a gesture with her hand, trying to think. "Any honeycombs, yes, that's it. On the side, please?"

She looked no older than twenty-five years old, her face young but accented with grief and sadness, if they weren't the same thing. Her clothing looked foreign, extremely foreign, if you disregarded the fact that most people in her vicinity seemed outlandish. Her robe's design depicted strange creatures and symbols that couldn't be found anywhere nearby, especially not on this planet.

@ticklefarte

She was considering changing her mind about her choice when another fellow fell to the bar. That was the best way she could describe his entrance. She didn't even flinch at his arrival. The only reaction that emerged from her was the smirk on her face. He introduced himself as Haine, which reminded the woman that she hadn't shared her own name yet.

Facing the newcomer, she said, offering out her hand, "I'm—" She preceded to say something in a language no one could understand, but then added, "You can call me Pita." She winked at the Bartender. She then looked back at Hain, wondering where he'd come from and why he was here.

Edited by haberdane

Watching the man drink the water and finish it within seconds, he slowly poured more water into the cup. It wasn't every day someone ate and drank like this, so it told the young bartender he really needed the food. As the man pushed the fries back, he shrugged. "No need for pay with this meal. I'm not asking for it." Then Hain leaned in closer, asking if the reason was the Tavern of Legend which caused Solomon to nod. "I keep saying we should have a small sign out there but every time I put one I think Lonely Night takes them down. Sign or not we're still the Tavern of Legend."

@ticklefarte

Going back to the women he grabbed a glass and set it in front of her before turning to stare at shelves off alcohol. Not everything was in it's proper order since he had to restock the entire shelves after the attack. With a quiet 'ah' he grabbed the bottle and filled the empty glass to the brim. Leaving to the kitchen, he placed the bottle back, and looked around the kitchen. It took him several minutes before coming back a few honeycombs on a small dish, placing the dish in front of the girl who he heard said to call her 'Pita'. "Well Pita. You're in luck. We have a few honeycombs left over from when a... giant bee person came in. Weird fellow. Talked about his queen a lot."

@haberdane

Edited by SteamWarden