Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend Season 3

“I’m from a hovel of a world, boy,” Liam began but he visually tensed up when a damned demon walked into the tavern. He had just been about to grill Hain on just how much control he had over his powers but Yeul was unlike anything he had ever lain eyes on. She looked like how daemons were described by the Psions back home.

Demons did not possess a physical form outside of their own plane. They were summoned by ambitious mages and bargained with for favors, information or power. Occasionally, the demon’s payment came in the form of corrupting the mage’s bloodline so that some form of human-demon hybrid would be born generations later. This was risky as it was fated that this bastardization of humanity would hunt down their demon parent and kill them, taking their place.

These demonic offspring of humanity were rare enough that even the veteran Liam has never seen one. Instinctively the mercenary went for his sword and cursed when he remembered that he gave it up. He suddenly felt distrustful of this place. While confident that the tavern’s magic would protect its patrons, he could not comprehend that it would allow this monster to just casually stroll in.

Quietly, he whispered to Liam: "We need numbers, don't we?"

Liam shot a glare at Hain that would have paralyzed a snake. He had done a well enough job of hiding his discomfort in the face of the mage’s powers but the tension would be immediately noticed as Yeul introduced herself to the duo. The only thing that kept the mercenary under control was Hain’s casual attitude towards the thing and his own understanding that he was currently in a world that was not his own.

"My name is Yeul Fullbring, Mephistopheles Tiefling, arcane scholar and adventurer to be - delighted to meet you!"

Liam’s eyes bulged at her casual use of the name of a demon lord. He wasn’t a religious man by any means but even he refrained from blatant blasphemy. As if the tension caused by her very appearance did not already tip her off as to his feelings towards her, Liam would not hide his immediate contempt for this thing that had named itself Yeul.

“God’s tits, what manner of monster are you?” Liam was at a half-stand now, his hands pressed against the table, his fingers digging into the wood as if that was all that prevented him for leaping across it and thrashing this thing that dared to walk and talk like a real person.

@ticklefarte @Godspell

Edited by Blackguard

In an instant Hain's body was cloaked in lightning. He shot out of his seat and inserted an arm between the Tiefling and Liam in a warding gesture. His eyes glowed bright as he stared at the man with a face of stone, the crackle of electricity enhancing his voice. "I need you to calm down," Hain growled through grit teeth. 

Ohhh just kill him! the elemental spat. Hain knew that the creature's influence was greater in these moments. These times when he fell into his instincts and allowed for bigger channels between himself and the beast. Still, he pushed back, and stepped closer to Liam. "Breathe, stranger. I don't know what your problem is, but there's a family that needs saving. You can complain later." 

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a few men rise from their tables at the sight of conflict. Hain didn't want to give them a show, nor did he think the Tavern really tolerated such a fight.

"Yuel, " he began with his gaze fixed on the old man, "my name is Tarsus Hain. I'm just a traveler. This individual is called Liam. Tell me, are you capable? Are you capable of helping a group of people in a bind?"

@Blackguard @Godspell

Edited by ticklefarte

Yeul could feel her blood almost burn with a subconscious fury that could be best described as tranquil anger. She's already suffered enough discrimination -- lead it not press further in unfamiliar lands. She'd take a deep breath before releasing the tension among her body, shifting her gaze toward Hain, ashen grey, pupil-less eyes narrowing to the one called Liam. She would follow by a nod to the question at hand, ignoring the previous remark.

" Yes, I can. I'm willing to help those who are in need of me." She answered, giving a gentle smile. interlocking her fingers and resting on her chin leaning forth slightly. "What exactly are the details for this venture?" She asked, she saw this as a perfect opportunity to properly test her skills as an Incarnate. Ever since she was bestowed the ability to wield the force of Incarnum, the visions, the emotions, the fire burning in her soul that could compare to a rancor experience. It was all worth it, least she thought so. She was fully prepared to at least be helpful, hopefully able to get some information on where and find some honest work for her further... Research. Yeul would internally smirk at the thought of furthering her tests.

@ticklefarte @Blackguard

Liam’s right hand went to his side, outstretched as if he were holding an invisible sword or just waiting for one to appear. His breathing became steady as Hain showed his power and Liam found himself smiling. He didn’t need his sword but it made what he wanted to do a lot safer.

Could he even take this boy? He wasn’t entirely certain. Even young mages could have a deceptive amount of power and sometimes the inexperienced were the most dangerous. But Liam had been in this situation plenty of times. He was experienced and more than capable but he was too close. Most people would love to be this close to a mage before striking but Liam worked best when he started at mid-range and then moved in.

Now’s not the time to be thinking like a soldier. Liam sucked in a breath through his teeth and glared past the mage with his lightning display. Not yet, anyways. The mercenary nodded to Hain but never took his eyes from Yeul. In truth, he felt a little silly for his reaction. He had a hard time wrapping his head around the idea that he was in another world.

Psions back home theorized the existence of other planes outside the three they were aware of but they remained wild theories. There were some theories that even claimed that magic might have a natural origin as opposed to coming from demons as the Church claimed so Liam supposed he should continue questioning all that he had been taught.

After Liam sat down and the minor conflict seemed at an end, Beat approached the trio. He didn’t appear comfortable around the mercenary and so he directed his attention to Hain and Yeul and whispered, “I can meet you outside to fill you in on the details. I fear that some of the members may be in this very room.”

@ticklefarte@Godspell

Edited by Blackguard

When the stranger approached the table and whispered, moments of contemplating and taking in their words, she would raise up turning her gaze towards Liam and Hain gathering herself, with a swift spin of her heel she faced the door way. "No rest for the wicked, eh? Well, glad things are proceeding. Let's see what's ahead of us." She insisted before stepping forth and exiting the tavern to wait outside for her newly found acquaintances and companions. 

Taking this still moment to close her eyes and assess the nature of Incarnum within her vicinity, she could feel a pulsation of magical force cultivating within her right hand, this was a good response she figured. Following a similar response to her chest and brow. Deep breathes followed before she opened her eyes once more to meet her surroundings, only taking moments to confirm her suspicions, her soulmelds are still intact within her body. Nodding she would lean against the building's walls, looking into the sky above her, pondering the task at hand and muttering to herself. "What sort of dangers are we to encounter on this excursion, Should be fun I daresay." She exclaimed before giving a toothy grin. Not one to be in over her head but the thought of exploration is exciting for a researcher such as herself. 

@Blackguard @ticklefarte

@Greenmntman @DarkHorse @jaistlyn

It took a while to bring the monster of a bear back to the tavern, and Aster was very glad she'd had the help of the two mercenaries and vampire in order to drag the beast back. Aster had explained on the way back that Vaddock had offered to skin the bear and make cloaks out of the fur for them, but she'd make sure he left the rest of the body mainly intact so Quinn could take it.

"Excuse me? I don't think we can fit it through the doors, but we were successful Vaddock!" Aster said, peeking into the doorway of the tavern and waving. She saw plenty of unfamiliar faces, but the waitstaff were familiar at least. The faun's hooves shifted uncomfortably in the doorway, and she shouted out a quick, "We'll wait outside for you!"

She headed outside to check on her companions, nervously glancing around the three others. They were all pretty banged up from the fight, and Aster was excited at the prospect of some rest.

Amy was sipping from her cup of English Breakfast tea, nonchalantly glancing at the various other individuals in the Tavern. That was until the goat girl person walked in with the bear.

"Yo! That thing is endangered, mate! The fuck did ya do to it?!"

She craned her neck over to look at the corpse of the bear. Poor fella... It didn't matter that this was an entirely different universe altogether. Poaching was poaching.

0222c1971d49f50c60151057ed35157c.png

@Asphodel

An unknown being walked right into the tavern. It had a railgun on it's back and nobody even knew whoever this being was. Well it was Nesy! Nesy was a multiversal alien being who just happened to find the tavern. Very interestingly Nesy didn't know whoever these people were so he walked right past them. Nesy was wearing a weird nanosuit that looked like to be some carbonfiber armor. He didn't mind the people however he did think they were slightly interesting.. His railgun weighed a bit heavy on his back as he walked through this crowd of people. Altough he didn't mind anything going on.

Eventually Nesy found his favourite spot on the tavern and he decided to chill out for a moment because he was tired of all the multiversal travel he has done so pretty much.
"...What a day.." He thought as he sat down on the chair in a random spot in the tavern. As he looked around he seemed to notice some strange beings. Altough Nesy is a Celvestian , this seemed a bit weird to him , seemed strange and odd at the same time because he has never been on a planet like this.

Bildresultat för Russian armour

Edit:

Nesy's railgun.

Bildresultat för railgun halo5

Edited by CelvestianNesy

@The Courier @Asphodel

“Now, now,” Vaddock the bartender made a reassuring gesture towards the patron at the bar (May). “It’s not poached, it’s a matter of survival. This monster of a bear had attacked many travellers along these parts in order to steal their food. A reward had been put up to subdue it. We’ll make sure no part of it is wasted. Fresh bear meat on the menu!” He stepped outside to meet with Aster. “Yes, I’m sure this is the fellow. Good job guys. Now, I promised those bear skin cloaks that would do you good in this cold, but I will need some time to prepare them. If you could bring the carcass around to the back please. You might want to step into the Tavern for a round of drinks and food, on me. I’m sure some people would want to hear of your exploits!”

@CelvestianNesy

“Excuse me sir,” a barmaid approached the table where Nest sat. “I’m guessing from your.. usual dressing that you’re not from this parts?” She hesitated for a moment. “Do you understand Common? Um, well, we require customers to check in weapons at the counter please.” She pointed at the corner, where weapons of every shape and size were deposited. 

Nesy was sitting on his own table and when he heard the barmaids voice he'd  immidietly turned towards the barmaid who mentioned Nesy "I'm very sorry ma'am!  I didn't really know.." The alien nodded and he said.. "Well, I'm from Celvestia. I'm not from this world and I do understand English. " The alien decided to put this small little introduction. Because he didn't know about this whole weapons rule. "I will do.. Just give me a moment alright?" This person is an extra terrestrial and Nesy was concealed in a helmet along with some weird nanosuit armor  and also had this weird scandinavian sounding voice. (Mentioned that twice)

Nesy would rise up from the table and pull out his heavy railgun from his back and he went over to the check-in to basically depositing his weapon. There we go! Nesy put it on the counter... "Alright, mates..." The alien backed away 2 steps and he went back to the table where the barmaid was posistioned. "I'm very sorry.. I didn't expect that to happen honestly.." He gave off a little silly chuckle as he sat back down.

Edited by CelvestianNesy

"Ah, that's great. Sometimes we get visitors who don't speak our language, and it gets a bit hard, you know? My name is Beatrice, by the way," she smiled. "No worries, people tend to miss the sign at the door." She placed a menu on the table, and looked at Nesy curiously. "Welcome to Valucre. Where is Celvestia, if I may ask? I can't say that we've not had people from other worlds before, but I've never seen anyone who dress the way you do. I-is the air here not suitable for you to breathe?" She was genuinely curious, since Nesy hasn't taken off his helmet yet. "Are you looking for someone or something in particular, or did you come to Valucre by accident?"

@CelvestianNesy

Edited by jaistlyn

Nesy gave a very happy nodd.. "Heheh.. I agree to be honest.. Sometimes it's hard to know.. I've been in the same situation as you before on other worlds.."  Obviously he was happy to meet someone for once. "Well, Celvestia is in outer space in an other universe.." Nesy explained while he answered her questions. He did really like how this planet was created because of all the people here and everyone can definently agree on that unless there are people who want this planet to be doomed or something like that.. "...." When she mentioned the helmet he actually thought for a moment.. Why did he have a helmet on? "Oh, the air is breathable but.. I just somehow like it inside of my helmet." Nesy decided to take off his helmet revealing his face. It was humanoid indeed. But that was not it. Nesy had some very rare eye-colours and his skin was human-like as well.. Nothing wrong with that but his eyes were mostly the distracting part of the convo.

""I came came here to explore and find new things. Perhaps friends along the way." Nesy responded to her question about coming to Valucre.. "That's a nice name for a planet I tell you that.." He gave a playful little chuckle and he likes to do his jokes at times. Welp! That is Nesy anyway. 

Edited by CelvestianNesy

Quin hovered outside the tavern, she disliked the whole being around people thing. Around this many people she would radiate a dangerous allure that could prove all too deadly to any that got just a little too close......

Pale skin, jet black hair, and silver eyes peeking into the cozy warmth. A feral growl escaped her when someone talked about cooking the bear. A fanged tooth gleamed in the dim light. No. No. She was told she could keep the bear for helping. This meant she’d have to say something. 

She merely wanted to take the creature and scamper off back to her cozy Chateau and Sire.....bear carcass included. 

Quin didn’t care if the bear had its fur, in fact it might help to have the pesky stuff gone so it wouldn’t rot away while she was ..... experimenting. 

The scent of blood hung in the air, so many mortals, so many fragile creatures. Quin shook her head, now was not the time to be hungry! Though she was beginning to be. 

She hissed at Ira and poked him. 

“Fix this now.” She demanded.

@Asphodel @Greenmntman 

Edited by DarkHorse

7 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

@The Courier @Asphodel

“Now, now,” Vaddock the bartender made a reassuring gesture towards the patron at the bar (May). “It’s not poached, it’s a matter of survival. This monster of a bear had attacked many travellers along these parts in order to steal their food. A reward had been put up to subdue it. We’ll make sure no part of it is wasted. Fresh bear meat on the menu!”

“Bruv, ya coulda just tranq’d it ya know?” Amy threw her hands up in bewilderment. But after a few seconds of achieving nothing, she opted to return to her table, grumbling unintelligibly. Swiping her mug of English Breakfast tea with a tad bit more swagger than was necessary, she turned back to observe what the newcomers would do with the deceased animal. A pity that such a large creature had to fall victim to human intervention. Even if it had been a pest of sorts, she was sure that they could’ve just dropped it off in a random zoo somewhere on the outskirts of the Tavern. Either that or simple wildlife relocation. She pursed her lips once more, almost grimacing at the bloody sight of the dead bear. She wanted to throw up.

@Asphodel @DarkHorse @jaistlyn

@Twitterpated

Ira tried to get the bear into the tavern, but it was quickly obvious that it just wasn't going to work. 

23 hours ago, Asphodel said:

"We'll wait outside for you!"

He had seen the faun go in and told the tavern keeper that she'd be waiting for him.  He saw her walk back towards the group and gave a bit of a shrug.

"No big deal" he tried to say. He pulled out his coin wallet and shoved some into the fauns hand, 

"Do me a favor, and go grab a table for four. Order us all something hot, and something to drink. It's on me". He looked over to Quinn and said, 

"Would you grab that thing and carry it away from the entrance, I'd hate to see it get in anyone's way as the come into the tavern." Aidan and himself helped in the effort until they were around the corner, and out of sight of anyone. Ira quickly started carving large chunks of fur out of the bear's pelt, more than enough to cover a person. 

"Aidan give me a hand here, and do it quick, carve off enough fur to make coat for yourself.".  Ira concentrated on skinning the beast as he gave instructions to the others.

"Quinn, when we are done, you are going to take this beast, and get it and yourself the fuck out of here. When that happens, we are going to be even again since your death. Take this thing wherever you'd like to bring it, and do what you'd like. And while your master and I have unfinished business, I don't want to see you again, unless you are going to help me drive a stake through where his heart used to be. This thing could feed a hundred meals to the locals, and even if your a vampire, they will still be heavily armed and unhappy."

Aidan was done. He was done two pelts. 

"There." He said. "Good bye Quinn, now get out of here."

Ira took the pelts and walked back towards the entrance of the tavern where he proclaimed loudly:

"Never trust a fucking vampire, damn her for taking the bear and running off with it! Just as we were almost starting to carve the meat!"