Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend Season 3

Quin snorted at him, though she “helped” Ira and Aiden move it. She could have done it by herself......humans. 

Her curiosity was peaked when he started haphazardly skinning the bear. All the while babbling on about humans and food and not wanting to see her again..... ouch. That hurt. 

“It’s not likely I’ll help you kill my Sire.” She said, “I didn’t let you on lantern way and I won’t now.” 

But despite his Aiden level of grumbling, he was getting her the bear as he’d promised. He really just had to explain the bear was payment for the help - but of course he wouldn’t do that. 

Again she thought......humans. 

“Don’t worry yourself over me.” She said, lifting the creature effortlessly. 

She would catch his attention before he went into the tavern. 

“By the way Ira.....” her voice a low purr, telling him something only he would understand “Her name is Lyra.” 

As mysteriously as she’d appeared, Quin vanished into the night. Darkness wrapping around her like a welcoming cloak. She was gone. 

Edited by DarkHorse

@The Courier

Aster wasn't quite sure how to respond to the comment about poaching. The faun stood awkwardly, and heaved a long sigh. She'd been fighting and traveling near-nonstop for over a day now, she didn't have the energy to deal with explaining the difference between a requested hunt and poaching. "If it were poached, we wouldn't have brought it back here." Aster said wearily, before heading outside with Vaddock to meet with her traveling companions. She could feel her energy dropping, and her ears drooped to exemplify this.

@Greenmntman

She smiled tiredly as she murmured a greeting to the two humans and vampire. She took the coin purse from Ira, glancing over at Quinn uncertainly; she could see the tension in Quinn's eyes. "Bye." Aster said, figuring she wouldn't get another chance to say so. She turned around and walked back in, heading towards whatever table was empty and had four seats. "Can I get some food and drink? Party of three, but I'll take an extra plate; it's been a long day." Aster called out, waving down the nearest of the waitstaff. "Something warm, please." She added, remembering Ira's request.

The faun then laid her head on the table, and tried to stifle a yawn. There'd be plenty of time for licking wounds later, once food was gotten and- Oh jeez, what was Ira doing? He'd burst in and yelled about how a vampire had taken off with the bear. "But- oh, never mind." Aster started, and then thought better of it. If Ira wanted to lie about their deal with Quinn, she'd let him.

Well, as they did their buisness Nesy would just be casually sitting there and doing nothing. Altough he did feel a bit alone but of course with the barmaid spoken to he was pretty much happy with that he can finally be able to speak with someone in this world.. Altough he had spoken to many Celvestians nowdays and he pretty much didn't feel bad at all.

Nesy's a chatty person if someone approaches him obviously. Altough he didn't seem hostile and appeared to be very chatty. Which was very good.. Nesy was very vanurable to vampires and his blood was abnormaly tasty but it was not the time to ramble about blood! Nesy always fears a vampire despite strength or intelligence.

Nesy knows best to not intervene so he just sat there and kept silent.

After a while Nesy got pretty bored so he decided to just move his arm to his other arm and pressed down on it. During that a holographic screen began appearing infront of Nesy and he began to do some work on the hologram. He was researching about this planet and what it could hold obviously. Anyway, Nesy was casually writing on a document..

"This planet is rather strange to the Celvestian eye. How facinating. I have never encountered such facinating creatures around here. Where I am at is a place crowded with a lot of people from many kinds all from this world..Maybe.."

"There are a lot of santient creatures lurking around the corners of this place. I have meet just 1 person. She's a barmaid who told me to put my weapon on a deposit stand. Altough she was very kind and she was just trying to do her job. "

He wrote on his last words and a promise to himself.

""I herby pledge that whoever they are and whatever their orgin is. I shall not hurt or decapitate any beings present on this planet. I pledge with my heart,soul,blood and my own love for species that I will not cause this planet any harm or leave any unatural scratches that may ruin their ecosystem.. Everything outworthly happening on this planet is my responsibility and I will take the consequences. "

"Now I must carry my research and interactions with the beings on this planet. True to my heart of gold. May our allies and our dear extra terrestrial neighboors be strong and live healthy lives!"

That was the last thing Nesy wrote.. He just reviewed the entire text he wrote.

Edited by CelvestianNesy

"Hey,"

@Asphodel

"You alright there sis?" Amy walked over to the faun and cautiously prodded her head with her fingertip. "Seems someone's had a rough day."

She invited herself to take a seat, softly setting the mug of tea next to Aster's forehead.

"Try it," she grinned. "In my world, only the rich western colonizers get to have this for breakfast. Quite a miracle that the Tavern somehow serves this stuff."

@CelvestianNesy 

Beatrice couldn’t help but stare at the stranger’s eyes. After a few seconds, she realized she was being rude. “Wow, your eyes... they’re beautiful.” She blushed in embarrassment, then tried to hide it by pushing the menu closer to Nesy. “Well I’m glad! I was afraid you wouldn’t be able to eat or drink anything if you had to keep the helmet on!” She laughed.

”I don’t know who named Valucre, but you’d be surprised how many different ways the name is pronounced by different people. It’s like no one can decide. If you’re looking to go explore, you’ve landed at the right place. We receive visitors from many places. I can tell you about any place you’d like to know about! Well, you might be hungry? You can look through the menu first, meanwhile, I’ll go grab a cup of water for you.”

Nesy was left alone for the moment to his journaling, but the group that just came in after hunting the bear might catch his attention...

@The Courier @Asphodel @Greenmntman @DarkHorse

“Well..” Vaddock scratched his beard. “I s’ppose relocating is an option, but it’s not like we’re a huge establishment ya know? We’re at a crossroads in neutral territory, and to contact the governments of the three continents to deal with a bear problem seems... excessive. But lass, I’m sure Hyperion would love to have you on their conservation team.”

The group started to carry the bear away to where Vaddock has pointed, and he left them to it. Minutes later, they returned only with pelts. The bartender quirked an eyebrow when they lamented about vampires. “Well I’m glad you two lads are alright. I’ll see about making those cloaks for you. Fjorn,” he called to one of the young men under his employ. “Get our guests some warm food and drinks.” He then took the pelts and went into the back of the tavern.

Fjorn swung by and noticed that one of them was sharing her tea. He turned to the faun. “Would you like one of those? It’s warm and fuzzy. Yeah it’s from a special supplier that we have, you’d be hard pressed to find this exact variant of tea anywhere else!”

Well, as they did their buisness Nesy would just be casually sitting there and doing nothing. Altough he did feel a bit alone but of course with the barmaid spoken to he was pretty much happy with that he can finally be able to speak with someone in this world.. Altough he had spoken to many Celvestians nowdays and he pretty much didn't feel bad at all.

But suddenly Nesy's attention was cought by the group over there and Nesy rose up from the chair and shut the hologram. "...What in the mother of Celvestia is going on there?" He began walking towards them and he asked..

@The Courier @Asphodel @Greenmntman @DarkHorse
"..Excuse me?" Nesy called from behind the group that was talking about.. Some things? He was confused what this situation was about. But curiosity got the better of him.

@The Courier @jaistlyn

Aster flicked one ear, glancing up to see the stranger who'd been talking about poaching earlier. She arched her back and sat up, trying to be attentive but struggling a bit. "Rough.. Day and a half, really." Aster said, gratefully taking the offered tea and sipping on it. The flavor and warmth was welcome, and she had to stop herself from chugging the rest of it. She set it back and slid it back to the other woman, and she smiled thankfully at her. "That's really good; yeah, tea's not that available where I'm from either." Aster looked up at Fjorn as she finished speaking, and nodded enthusiastically. "I'd love a cup, if it's no trouble."

And then her brain caught up with her tongue, and she looked back towards Amy - though she didn't know Amy's name yet - and pressed her ears back uncertainly. "Your world? Are you not from here?"

@CelvestianNesy

Aster turned as someone approached, and squeaked a bit in surprise at their intimidating, armored form. "Uh? Yessir?" Aster asked, not knowing how to react for a few moments. She eventually came to the conclusion that he was probably trying to join them for a meal or conversation, and gestured to one of the nearby empty chairs. "You're free to pull a chair up, if you'd like. More the merrier, just leave room for my friends when they arrive."

@Asphodel

"Aye (Eye)," Amy replied. "You'd be surprised that half the folks have no idea how they ended up here. Apparently 'Vel-Loo-Cray' is some sort of realm between the worlds, and people just randomly get displaced here for no reason whatsoever."

She shrugged, gazing out the window and for a moment, there was a sense of longing in her eyes that she quickly brushed off.

"So, what's your stor-"

6 hours ago, CelvestianNesy said:

"..Excuse me?" Nesy called from behind the group that was talking about.. Some things? He was confused what this situation was about. But curiosity got the better of him.

"You are excused," Amy glanced at the newcomer, sizing him up from top to toe. "Wuz crackin' mate?"

Nesy gave a little nodd and he decided to walk over to one of the empty chairs pull a chair for him to sit on and he was sitting right by the group.. That was certainly a suprise for Nesy altough definently this cought his attention. Nesy decided to go straight to the point with this.

"Uhh. " Nesy gave an other nervous chuckle.. "Sorry if I had to interupt this..I bet you guys had some very important conversation and so...But." Nesy's eyes blinked as he said so... His eyes were already described as Quad-Coloured anyway which was odly unique. Altough having humanoid face and humanoid features.

"But..I was kinda amused by this bear because, it was oddly facinating,strange and stuff.." Nesy had this weird scandinavian modern English tone..Altough his tone of English is weird so he chuckled after that. Why would he be facinated by a bear? Well, Nesy is a Celvestian and he has not seen an upclose bear in his life. Which was midly exciting for Nesy.

"Huh, well sorry about you getting displaced. Valucre isn't the worst place to be though." Aster said, reaching over to pat the other woman on the shoulder in what she hoped was comforting. "I'm Aster, by the way." She added before turning her attention towards the armored stranger again, who had pulled up a chair to sit right by them.

"It's no problem." Aster said, flicking one ear and giving him a tired but welcoming smile. "Oh, yeah, the bear. I guess it's kinda fascinating, smells awful though; be glad you didn't get too close." Aster chuckled in a strained manner, playing with one horn nervously. It'd take a bit of time before she'd be able to look back on that fight with any fondness, but she didn't blame anybody for being curious. "It roared loud enough to shake the ground."

Nesy scratched his head... "The bear.. Huh.." Nesy nodded.. Of course that would be slightly facinating for an outworthly being like Nesy...Though he has to admit that bear must've smelled horrible..Well luckily he wasn't close to it so he gave of a little "Phew" sound anyway.

"Oh, yeah corpses do smell horrible because of rotting which is very obvious." Nesy gave a little laughter.. So Nesy was a very energetic lad but anyway back to whatever he spoke about. "Wow..That's a mad bear right there..." He gave a little chuckle "...So, why were you guys huntin down that bear anyway?" He asked a bit curiously.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:32 PM, CelvestianNesy said:

Ira sat down first then Aidan as the two reached out for some ale. It seemed like they had drawn a bit of a crowd around the table, the tavern was packed full of people again. He raised his glass to the strange looking creature that was talking to the faun. He shrugged his shoulders at Aidan and could tell he had been thinking the same thought - the creature didn't bother him.

7 hours ago, CelvestianNesy said:

"Wow..That's a mad bear right there..." He gave a little chuckle "...So, why were you guys huntin down that bear anyway?" He asked a bit curiously.

"Bear was making some people angry around here. Raiding food, attacking camps. The tavern said they'd make us some bear fur coats if we got rid of it. It's what we do. You pay us, we'll do a job." Ira was exhausted. He thought about the last time that he slept, and found it was far too distant of a memory. He went over to the bartender and paid him some money for a room. He returned to the faun and said, "I think I speak for both of us when I say that we need to sleep. Wake us up when you find something interesting." @Asphodel

Edited by Greenmntman

Fjorn came back with not just one cup, but a teapot. “All the more for you ladies, since you seem to be enjoying it,” he winked. “Anything to-“

His words were cut off in surprise when all the lights in the tavern suddenly went out. A collective murmur went through the crowd in the tavern. Powered by magitech, that all the bulbs would go off at once was a rare occurrence indeed. Was there an interference from somewhere?

”What’s going on?” One of the customers yelled. “Bedtime!” Another one yelled back in return, and there were laughs.

Vaddock stepped out from the back where he was working on the cloaks. “Hang tight everyone, we’ll find out what happened soon.” His authoritative voice carried over the space. A tall, imposing figure stepped in through the door. Lonely Night’s Hand, the bouncer and guard of the tavern. “Nothing from the outside,” he reported.

Fjorn went behind the counter and produced an oil lantern which he lit up. “Well I suppose I’ll go outside and take a look at the generator.”

{OOC note - Mini-event! Restore the light to the tavern! Feel free to progress the story and narrate the cause of the power going out.}

10 hours ago, Asphodel said:

"Huh, well sorry about you getting displaced. Valucre isn't the worst place to be though." Aster said, reaching over to pat the other woman on the shoulder in what she hoped was comforting. "I'm Aster, by the way." She added

“No worries, mate,” Amy took the Faun’s hand and squeezed it softly. “I’m Amy.”

At that very instant, the lights went out.

“Whoa!” she gasped. Blinking several times, her vision adjusted. Her pupils enlarged to something akin to a feline’s proportion, and suddenly she could see again. “Is everyone alright?”

Aster turned to answer Nesy's question. "Oh no, it was foul smelling in life too." Aster commented, but was otherwise happy to let Ira explain the situation. She nodded to her friends as they spoke of getting a room and sleeping. "I'll be sure to, see you folks in the morning." She then took Amy's hand, squeezing it in return. "Nice to meet you-"

And then not a moment later, as the waiter brought them a pot of tea, the lights cut out. "Oh no." Aster hummed, standing up and knocking against the table; she wanted to draw her weapons, but they were both bent and not currently in her possession. She did however still have her lantern, so she pulled it out and sparked it to life and blinked until her eyes adjusted to the dark. "Someone keep an eye on the til, someone already inside might be trying to rob the place." Aster said, and though her voice was laced with exhaustion she still jumped into action despite it.