Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend Season 3

@Csl @PrettyCuteAnna @jaistlyn

Nilan took a cookie and bit into the soft dough.  Her eyes became distant as the boisterous young lady began to speak of traveled lands.  Images of Nilan’s home came to her mind. Her room was like a crevice in a wall. A floor of stone and a blanket hovering over. Another blanket separated the crevice into two rooms. The back room was where her ill father rested his weary body.  All their common garbs were lain across her father. The front room had old pottery scattered around with a small wooden chair that serves as a table, a seat, and whatever else it could be used for. Nilan shook her head as she realized she was a long way from home.  Her gaze focused on Anna and the new edition to their table.

"What about yourself? By the way, my name is Rai. Nice to meet you!"

Nilan hesitated but found Rai to be entertaining. She reached her hand across the table.

”My apologies for intruding,” Nilan said.  She felt like garbage compared with the ladies she had now the privilege to speak with.  She reached a shaking hand out to Rai, trying to compose herself.

@Waking_Warrior @PrettyCuteAnna

Rai reached out to shake Nilan’s hand without hesitation, nodding her head encouragingly. Nilan seemed nervous somehow - she knew that some people were like that, unused to meeting someone new, but she was pleased to see that Nilan was not averse to reaching out.

“So, how did you end up at the Tavern of Legend?” she asked, then shrugged. “I didn’t intend to come here myself, but I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere. But fortune dictated that I should meet you here! Do you both want some drinks? It’s on me!”

@jaistlyn @Waking_Warrior (sorry for responding super late, I’ve been busy with irl stuff! ^+^;)

The lady listened to the amazing places that Rai was speaking about, Anna has never once been to any of these places. She seemed in awe with Rai’s travels. The only few places Anna has been were uncommon in these parts of land. As she listened, she took a cookie herself and nibbled on it a little bit. Anna was quite done with her wine, even though it still had at least a fourth left. “That is absolutely amazing Rai, I haven't been to any of those places, but they sound lovely.” She commented to her.
The woman noticed Nilan’s uneasiness, so so she gave her a little sweet smile to reassure her.  She then looked quite surprised once she generously offered for drinks. “Ah, I’m good, thank you though. I much appreciate it!” Anna spoke clearly with sweetness in her voice. Her aura gave off a very cheerful mood. 
“By the way,” Anna spoke, “Your outfits are quite the style” She spoke to both of them, liking their taste in style. She gave them a warm smile and a small nod.

Hawk cleared his throat as he looked over his shoulder back at his companion across the tavern.

"Silver primarily. Gunpowder, steel." He said quietly while turning to face her. 

"You reckon any of that will do? Or do you have something else in mind."

@Mackenzie Rose

@PrettyCuteAnna @jaistlyn

Rai mentioned drinks and Nilan took in a breath.  There is only one who has ever asked if I would like a drink.  And he’s probably sitting in jail , awaiting death for treason to the king, Nilan thought. Anna flashed Nilan a cheerful smile and Nilan spoke up.” I w-w-ant a drink,” she stuttered over her words, not used to being served.

In the doorway of the tavern, stood a cloaked figure. The breeze outside caused the cape to swing side to side as the traveller’s beating eyes scanned the inside. One foot stepped into the foyer making a click on the ground. The figures shoes seemed to be those of a woman. As the light scanned her face, moving in step by step, slowly, she lifted off her hood. She was quite beautiful and long ears stuck out from her long silky dark brown hair tucked into the rim of her hood. The golden glow of light struck her perfectly tanned skin with a soft touch. A light sigh could be heard as she constantly glanced around.

A silver-haired woman stood comfortably with her back rested against the tavern walls. One hand cradled and spun a crystal glass of amber liquid, and the other stayed tucked under the opposite arm. Her eyes bore into the beverage as her mind floated deeper into her thoughts. The buzzes of conversation around her were muffled out by her tranquil concentration.

Edited by kriistiinii

Eventually, Addison began to lose interest in the chirpy rodent, smiling lopsidedly as Clove played her banjo with immeasurable vigor.

"Your music is lovely, little one. It certainly surmounts the alcoholic chatter and passionate quarrel that this establishment possesses. I would love to hear you play more some other time. Good day."

She offered the mouse a curt nod before turning around a little too quickly and striding away before anyone could notice her haste.

As she waded through rows of people drinking, singing and telling stories, a familiar sight caught her gaze. She smiled, her hardened expression fading back into the depths of her scarred soul, and for a dear friend, she would put on some semblance of cheer and delight one last time.

The corners of her lips curled upward, bright gleaming teeth becoming visible in what many would have perceived to be a somewhat menacing gesture. Without another word, she approached the silver haired woman, her arms swinging limply by her sides - a guise of leisure, though the observant onlooker might have noticed the tension in her expression. Not that she was trying to terrify the poor woman before her; the Mark of the Predator had left a lasting scar on her spirit.

"Hello, Kora," she grinned, the sharp guttural 'k' sound striking the back of her windpipe like a pair of clashing blades.

@kriistiinii

Edited by Phoebe

The kommandant withdrew from her state of contemplation to acknowledge the presence of a dear friend. She tore her eyes from the half-empty cup, leading them to meet Addison's. Despite her initially tired expression, she failed to hide the small smile that soon became visible on her face. "Addison. Are you faring well today?" Kora lifted the glass to her lips, savoring the faint aroma of the whiskey before treating herself to a small sip.

"Aigh," she grunted in assent, flaring her hand outward as it found grip around the thin wooden pillar to her right.

"You of all people know how I much I enjoy what we do. But sometimes. . . The idiocy of certain individuals just baffles me."

She sighed, turning her head up as she let out a lamenting breath.

"I can't help but feel as if our treaty with the Duck is merely another opening for him to play us."

@kriistiinii

• • •

As more and more individuals arrived, the Tavern's staff continued with their duties. Vaddok juggled glass and drink with practiced nimbleness, sliding mugs and glasses across the counter -- ale, wine, water, and any other drink.

@PrettyCuteAnna @Waking_Warrior

After taking the offered cookie and a word of thanks, Cadriel turned to plucking notes on his lyre. He greeted the new arrival with a warm grin, then settled into the background, content to listen to the patrons talk.

After some time, when he was satisfied the shy girl, Nilan, had grown comfortable with her new companions, he took his leave. He was an entertainer, after all, and the crowd in the Tavern was growing.

Tova had disappeared back into the kitchen with his pastry, busy with waiting tables.

@Peter 

A shout from the kitchen made a reluctant Gwen stand from her seat. "I have to work now... but I hope to see you around more, Irryn." She smiled wide, then was gone.

• • •

@Hawk  @Mackenzie Rose

As the newcomers streamed in, the bouncer edged closer to the door. His expression remained impassive. Despite the imposing figure he cut, the man remained at the periphery of the patrons. He kept his presence discreet. To all but the most perceptive, he'd be was nothing more but a shadow.

When the man with the revolver entered, however, Night's attention was piqued.

A few lines of dialogue passed between the man and another woman. The man stood, approaching another woman at the bar. Night moved towards the trio just as the other woman left.

"No weapons in the Tavern. Turn them over to the counter when you enter, and before you leave." His voice was gruff, but held no aggression- it was just his job.

• • •

@Truthless

The Tavern staff moved fast. As quick as the request left Masuda's lips, another waiter came up with a tray. Balanced carefully on it was a pitcher of water with a slice of lemons, ice cubs bobbing within.

"Here you go, sir." This waiter was different from the one who'd first greeted him. He was scruffier, for once, blonde curls sticking out of his head at strange angles. But his enthusiasm shone as brightly. "I like making friends too! My name's Fjorn."

• • •

@Jack Howard

"Fleets, you say?"

A young man approached Howard, grey eyes wide with curiosity. Rings glittered in his ears, three glinting in his left eyebrow.

"Sorry, I couldn't help overheard. You must travel a lot!"

• • •

@Lucinda Valentine 

"Such a busy day this is," Cadriel mused. He positioned himself at the door of the Tavern, idly strumming tunes on his lute. The music floated through the crowded space, providing a backdrop to the hum of conversation.

As another woman entered, an awestruck expression crossed his face. "And yet another patron comes!" He swept into a bow, offering a hand to the new arrival. "Yet of all our new guests, you are the most radiant, madam. May I get you a seat? Perhaps call one of our waitstaff to take your order?"

• • •

@Phoebe @kriistiinii

"A duck?"

The woman who'd approached their table was older than the rest of the waitstaff, somewhere in her late forties. She was shorter than the lot of them too. Despite her stature, the waitress cut an intimidating figure. Her arms were marked with battle scars, her wavy hair grey. As blunt as the question had been, it was spoken with the Tavern's characteristic friendliness.

"Must say, that's got me all wondering now." She pointed at Addison. "All these new folk, do ya know them? I've seen you all talking and recognizing each other. From the same world, mayhaps? It's been a while since the Tavern got this much good business."

OOC: Hello everyone! For a description on the staff members I'm playing, you can check the first post of the thread here.

If you'd like to talk OOC with me or the other users in the Tavern, please refer to the Tavern of Legend OOC.

Edited by Csl

Addison jolted upward in surprise, turning around with a puzzled look on her face. Had someone started a fight or broken something?

It turned out to be neither case as her gaze traveled downward to meet that of the woman before her.

"Oh- Yes, yes I know them! We're. . . Colleagues, most of us at least. Is there something wrong? Can I help you with something?"

@Csl @kriistiinii

“Ah a table would be lovely, but i know those two women so i’d like to join them. Maybe just a drink will do.”

She pointed to the silver haired woman and the one joining her in a conversation. Hey expression was soft and she started to unbutton her cloak. She wore a red blouse with the collar loosely opened. Then, on her legs, were long black pants that resembled bell bottoms. On her feet were black leader heels.

“Oh, also, would you be a dear and hang this up somewhere for me?”

She held out a long dark brown cloak. Her eyes glances back at Addison and she slightly gritted her teeth worried of how she might react to her presence after their last encounter. 

@Csl

• • •

@Lucinda Valentine 

"Aha, more acquaintances!" Cadriel nodded enthusiastically. "You all do seem to know each other. I wonder what fascinating tale ties all our new patrons together."

It wasn't normally his job, but Cadriel took the offered cloak and slung it on the nearest coat rack. His newest guest had quite the taste in fashion.

Now, what to do? The woman would already be heading over to her friends. Perhaps he ought to find more people to greet.

Cadriel had been mulling over a song for a while now. The first notes of the melody sprang from his lute.

"Your words they come to me in memories,
they sing to me like songs;
it won't be long until I'm here

soon i'll make my arrival
under shady trees
a quiet street

the roads that I have traveled"

OOC: Song linkI'm going to put stuff like loading screen tips here for the fun of it.

Tip #1: in roleplay, communication is key. If you'd like someone's character to interact with yours, simple reach out and ask the user playing that character!