Acies ab Vesania

Tavern of Legend Season 3

@AtwoodNak

"Just a copper," Beatrice chirped. "If you don't have payment, though, you could consider paying for the meal with a service to the Tavern?"

She glanced at the board nailed to one of the Tavern's walls. Nailed on it were various pieces of parchment, each a quest or a job offer. "What are your skills? Can you swing a sword? Shoot an arrow? Throw a fireball? Or are you good with solving puzzles? Calming down feral beasts?"

She pushed a lock of hair away from her face. "You can lend a hand to help the Tavern, and we'll consider the meal and the milk paid. What do you think?"

###

@Evelynn Serana Nightmoor

Cadriel drew the crystal back, waving a finger. "Oh, no, no. You misunderstand. This isn't for sale! I'm merely letting you use it for a while."

He laid the crystal flat on the table. Tapped it once. "Prognosticator?"

Light danced on translucent surface. After a moment, the crystal turned dark blue, opaque. A voice spoke out from the object.

"Hello."

A glowing matrix of sigils shone on the crystal's surface. It pointed towards Evelynn, seeming to turn their attention towards her.

"What do wish to learn?" said the voice.

@Csl

"I wish to learn where Addy Nacht is-" Evelynn responded with a soft tone as she looked curious at the scrying ball , concetrating on the scrying ball Evelynn was amazed , she had never seen a talking scrying ball before or even a scrying ball.In matters of future telling she just used her trusty tarot card deck which was given to her as a birthday gift by her grandmother when she was 17.

@Csl

''Sorry but now I can't do that... I have things to do. But i have money for pay you''

-He carefully carry Adelis again and open the bag. Grabs a sack, it sounds like coins when he moves it-

''How much?'' he smiled looking friendly again ''oh and... What's your name? sorry to be so rude''

-He chuckled while he was looking at Beatrice-

Nightshade didn’t really understand much about the stranger’s dialogue. Partially because she was new here and mostly because she didn’t know what the heck she (she thinks it’s a she anyway) is talking about.

”I want Phoenix talons, not feathers.”

Nightshade holds her hands together, likely not liking all the attention she is getting.

The flat, diamond-shaped crystal glittered. After a moment, the voice spoke once more.

"Addison Nacht is currently in Genesaris. She has been travelling with the group known as the Final Bastion on the continent's eastern coast, located south of the Carmine Dominion.

A moment later, a hologram of a map projected into the air above the crystal. A red dot marked the area Progenitor spoke of.

9bc8a502b50e0cf95824830e97ecbc5b.jpg

"Have we answered your question?" the voice from the crystal asked.

Cadriel looked proud. "See? They're awfully smart, aren't they?"

###

@AtwoodNak

"Just two copper coins," Beatrice repeated. "And that's alright. Good luck on your travels! My name is Beatrice."

Would the man and his child be leaving the Tavern? It certainly sounded like it.

###

@Magmy105 @Mickey Flash

Vaddok smacked his head, grinning. "Oh, of course, yes. Phoenix talons. My mistake. The years are catching up to these old ears."

He clasped his hands together. "But, yes. I think some free ale is a fair price for helping this young lady out. We must support our alchemists, shouldn't we?"

From under the counter, he produced a pair of glowing keys. "I'll open up a Way-Gate leading you to the place you desire. What do you say, miss Nightshade? Are you up for this quest?"

@Csl

"Yes you did , thank you-But how can i get to Genesaris ?"  Evelynn asked the stranger as she flipped a coin to him , for letting her use his scrying ball , she really appreciated it.

"Is it far ?" Evelynn put on her hood and made sure that her satchel was tied tight on her waist. "Come on , Vaeril!" She looked at her familliar which flapped its wing and flew up Evelynn's shoulder.

After a rousing round of adversity and adventure, the partially painted face of Owen Sloan peeks back in through the tavern doors. The mountaineer who'd set out to settle the small matter of a wild and unruly bear has returned alive, all his limbs intact too! It would seem all he's got to show for his encounter are the three streaks cutting across the leather chest piece of his armor. All things considered the intrepid and bravely foolhardy boy's returned relatively unscathed. 

Without missing a beat, Owen struts right up to the counter and calls out; "Ello? I just wanted to let whoever was looking to have the matter of the bear handled know, your request has been handled friend! Folks can travel with a lil' more piece of mind now."

@Csl

Posted (edited)

@Csl

-Smiled to her, with a precious face-

''Okay'' he pay it ''My name is Atwood Nak, but everyone calls me Nak''

-He'd get up for tie his baby with the scarf again and grabs the bag-

''Where can I go now?''

Edited by AtwoodNak

Cadriel caught the coin with a grin. "Why, thank you."

He tapped the crystal once more. "Prog, show us the world map?"

Another hologram appeared above the crystal.

1se2kAo.png

"Genesaris is a continent on Valucre's western hemisphere," the voice from the crystal said.

Cadriel nodded. "As for how to get to Genesaris, you can simply go through one of the Way-Gates in the back of the Tavern. Tell Vaddok, the bartender, to open up one of them for you. They're portals that can transport you anywhere in Valucre."

###

@Milke

Gwen, who had by this time returned to the kitchen, reentered the Tavern just in time to catch Owen at the counter.

"Oh, Mister Owen Sloan has returned! And victoriously, no less!"

She trotted off to deliver her order. As soon as the plates of food had been deposited at their proper table, she swept back to the counter. The barmaid cast a worried look at the cuts on his armor.

"Aside from those, you don't seem too worse for the wear." A petulant frown crossed her lips. "Though you haven't brought it's fur."

A peal of laughter swept away her dour expression. "No matter; we're grateful for your service." Remembering something, she perked up. "I've a reward for you!"

Quickly, she entered the kitchen, then swept back with a small bag. "A bit of pot-roasted Ignatz Hare. It'll heal any injuries you have, when eaten."

It was inevitable a boy like him would get a scrape or two. Gwen bid Owen goodbye with a wave, blowing a kiss for good luck. "I'd best return to work. Farewell, brave adventurer!"

###

@AtwoodNak

Beatrice took the payment. "All right, then. Thank you for visiting the Tavern, Mister Nak."

She blinked at his question. "Why, Valucre, of course. All who come into the Tavern go into Valucre. You could go to Lagrimosa, or Genesaris, or Renovatio. If you'd like, I could ask Miss Levhea for suggestions on places you could go?"

The barmaid pointed to the back of the Tavern. One of the doorways led upstairs, a faint ultraviolet glow coming from above. "You can pass through the Way Gates. They'll bring you anywhere you want in Valucre."

Owen begins to sport an uncharacteristically sheepish expression, as Gwen takes notice of the disticnt absence of a bear pelt in his possession. The mountaineer pushes his forefingers together and casts his gaze aside in embarrassment. "H-Heh, funny you should mention that. Y'see...I didn't actually kill the bear miss." 

The lad reaches out and gently secures the small bag from the bar maid, taking a strap from the pack on his back and tying the hare-filled pouch to his person. "I beat 'em real good, sure. Ran him off too! However, killing that poor beast? I just couldn't bring myself to do it." 

With a curt nod and timid smile he waves her off as Gwen goes to tend to more pertinent matters, serving food and drink. The surprisingly softhearted mountain man thanks her for rewarding his efforts. "Ignatz? Ne'er heard of that place...maybe that'd be a good place to look?" Owen murmurs underneath his breath before shuffling off to find a seat. He starts to ponder his next venture before the talk of his homelands catches his ear.

Genesaris? How good it is to hear a familiar name so far from home!

@Csl

-He'd looked at her-

''Thanks, I know where i have to go... I feel i need to go in there...'' smiles ''Bye, Lady Beatrice''

-He hugged his little girl and entered in gates to go to Genesaris-

“Warp-what?”

Nightshade doesn’t quite understand these new magic items nor does she know why she should trust this stranger that looks like he will hurt her more than help her, on purpose.

Posted (edited)

@Magmy105

Vaddok frowned at the cloaked girl. "You don't have to go on the quest if you don't want to, lass. I'm just saying-- you need the talons, and you have a fine guide over here. Toad's a good fellow; he's one of our regulars."

He shrugged. "Your choice. Nobody's forcing you. I'd advise you make your choice quickly, though. The Tavern's going through some renovations veryyy soon."

At that moment another woman approached. Vaddok turned his attention to her, immediately putting up a charming smile.

"Yes, ma'am? I am Vaddok, Vaddok is me."

Edited by Csl

@vielle
“O-okay... L-lead the way.”

Nightshade tags along with toad on the magical adventure for the Phoenix talons. She looks at Claire with the face of “please don’t let me go with this complete stranger on my own please for the love of god”.