bfc

Beyond all Mortal Ken [Interest Check]

The Forgotten Wood-

Tread its forsaken paths, and ye shall find only grief. Those roads are not meant for the likes of man.            

uoLdR8N.jpg

So it has been said for years beyond counting. The Wood is not a place to be trifled with: people walk into the shadows of the gentle trees and come out... less.

The place eats away at vulnerable minds, slowly devouring thought and memory until nothing remains. Of what resides in these woods, only rumors and legends exist.

Some speak of a fairy race, who hid away there long ago and cursed the place so that no outsiders would ever disturb their mystic gardens.

Perhaps there is truth to this, but none can say. None have ever needed to say. For centuries or more, the Wood has been left alone, a dark and silent corner of the world.

Until now.

With chaos taking hold throughout Terrenus, key supply lines have been disrupted, leaving many communities cut off and vulnerable. Nowhere is this more true than in the already isolated villages at the edge of the Forgotten Wood, where the flow of supplies from Ashville has slowed down to a trickle and the disruptive expansion of the Shawnee Loci has harmed vital crops used to feed the population. With poverty and starvation looming on the horizon, many are considering abandoning their homes and fleeing south to larger population centers.

There is a growing voice, however, that advocates a different path. The leader of this faction, a mysterious and charismatic young woman, claims to have found a way into the Wood, and called a council with its denizens. If a small party of delegates can brave its forgotten depths and forge a pact with the mysterious creatures that reside there, perhaps there may yet be hope for two peoples divided since the dawn of living memory.

Let the foolish and the brave come forward.

Grief be damned- we shall make this right.

Edited by Chouette

I'd like to volunteer too :smile:. Will brainstorm some characters now, but how does a changeling sound? Like a fairy who as a baby was left with the villagers after she was swopped with a human child? Don't have a character sheet because I only just thought of it now.  

@Chouette

Ayy, this is a great chance for me to get around to refurbishing my fey Duo!

I have a pixie healer/spellcaster and a sylph swordswoman who'd be delighted to tag along, if you'll have 'em.

8 hours ago, supernal said:

Is the fairy race here prejudiced against humans or other non-human humanoids?

Not humans nor anything else with two legs, two legs, and a head. Creatures come in all shapes and sizes, after all, and it's not their fault to be born the way they are.

What they don't like is civilization.

4 hours ago, MJ2431 said:

I'd like to volunteer too :smile:. Will brainstorm some characters now, but how does a changeling sound?

Sounds perfect!

2 hours ago, Jotnotes said:

I have a pixie healer/spellcaster and a sylph swordswoman who'd be delighted to tag along, if you'll have 'em.

I'll have 'em!

I really do hope my first post fits with what you were going for, @Chouette

I didn't want to presume I knew where the thread was going immediately, but I wanted to situate Filo and Lia in the story as effectively as I could.

Lemme know if changes must be made.

Chouette hasn't been on in about 10 days from what I can tell. I tagged them and am awaiting a reply on their interest and ability to keep up with this faction - assuming they aren't able to or don't respond at all, is this something that everyone here would feel comfortable advancing without Chouette but keeping with their theme, or would it be better to just reset this faction?