Long have the Fae courts observed the mortal realm, jealous of the bounteous resources of life and death held therein. In the eternal lands of the Fae, trapped in the Spirit Realm as they are, there is no death, and without death their cannot be true life. So, many years ago, a plan was put in place. Changelings were left in many a home in the country of Terrenus, and while most were rooted out, a few survived. Now, amidst the chaos of Civil War, these wayward children of the Fae have united, coming together in one place, a small town called Lumin. Together, they've accomplished something long thought impossible. The group found a way to open a stable portal into the Spirit Realm, and through it have come their masters, intent on claiming their rightful place in the mortal realm.

Lumin was a town on the brink of destruction. An agrarian community located dangerously close the Coconino Marsh, the thriving town represented one of the bulwark communities established to help prevent the marsh's spread. However, to accomplish this arduous task, the town relied on assistance from the megacities and the federal government. In spite of their rough role in the world, massive tax breaks, incentives for moving their, and a thriving job market kept the town prospering. However, the advent of Civil War changed all that. Suddenly, the federal government has other matters to attend to, and each megacity and small kingdom has their own concerns. Left alone, it wasn't even a single season before the flooding of the marsh destroyed huge swaths of farmland and drove the community to the point of collapse. 

Amidst the suffering arrived the Fae. Their agents in the mortal realm had been looking for just such a trouble community, and the crafty changeling jumped at the chance to bring their overlords into the mortal realm not as conquering monsters, but rather as benevolent saviors. The Fae were upfront to the community about why they were there, and what they wanted, for the Fae cannot lie, and the town accepted their help, because when you're a farmer draining a toxic swamp, the person protecting you and buying your crops doesn't much matter, as long as they exist. Of course their was some descent, there always is with great change, but many of these detractors quickly changed their tune after some cautious recommendations, or ceased making any noise entirely in the case of the truly devoted ones, and all seemed well for the Fae. They had their foothold in the mortal realm, willing mortal subjects, and a breadbasket to feed their sudden need for food. Things were good for Lumin as well. New benevolent overseers, a voracious market to pedal their crops in, and all the magical help they could ever want draining their problematic swamp.

Unknown to all parties, however, were the inherent dangers of their mixing together so. The Fae are children purely of the Wyld, with little influence from the Weaver and the Wyrm. However, in the mortal realm, the influence from these two primal forces is much greater, and unexpectedly, the Fae began to fall ill. Similarly, the people of Lumin began to change, corrupted by the overwhelming Wyld magic leaking from the portal to the spirit realm. Now, the fragile symbiosis between the Fae courts and the town of Lumin is on the brink of collapse. The Fae stand poised to retreat back into their realm and the people of Lumin are threatened by the loss of another group that might protect them from the whims of the swamp.

Neither side wants the Fae to go, and everyone is desperately rushing to find a solution to the problem. Somehow, the Fae must be made to stand up to the Wyrm's influence, not eternally, as they did in he spirit realm, but at least longer than the few months they've had in the mortal one. Similarly, the mortals must be made resilient to the Fae corruption, or they risk losing themselves to the madness of the Wyld. Fortunately, the group that bridges the divide between these two worlds, the Changelings, have a plan. They believe that by introducing enough of the Wyrm and the Weaver to the pocket of the spirit realm from which the Fae arrived, they might be able to stabilize the Wyld leakage and immunize the Fae against the worst of the effects from both the Weaver and the Wyrm. There journey will not be an easy one, but it must be made, for the sake of the town of Lumin, and of the Fae themselves.

Alright, so after that whole long IC info dump comes the OOC stuff. This thread is an interest check for a faction thread related to the Terrenus Civil War. Consequently, whatever thread spawns from this post will need to be canonized. I'm looking for a small group of players to represent the party dispatched into the spirit realm to introduce the Wyrm and the Weaver to a pocket world never subject before to their direct presence. If enough people show interest, I might act as a designated GM, and if not I'm more than willing to RP this myself with a few others (or alone if really truly need be).

All of that said, if you're interested in embarking on this quest, please post your interest here. 

Hello everyone, it's been a week since I posted this, and I figured I should bump it before I set off on my own to make this thread. As a note, this journey is open to everyone, and there's no need to make a character specifically involved with this setting. Maybe you're someone who's been offered a generous reward from the Fae houses to complete this journey, or a curious adventurer who jumps at the chance to investigate the unadulterated Wyld in a way unavailable to most. If anyone's interested, please post here. I'd like to set out on this thread at the beginning of the next month, so if you plan on expressing interest, I'd appreciate it happening before then. 

Hey @Genkuro @Anon Welcome back, both of you.

I'd be happy to have you along, which would bring our party to four. If everyone who's posted here so far could post again with a short blurb about the character they want to use for the RP, I'd be appreciative.

I'm going to leave this open to joining until February 1st, but after that we're going to go with whoever's signed on.

Kasumi Kamikaze will be who I use as from what I gather of the story line, she will fit in the most O: Added a link to her CS. Its old so the format is ALOT of spoiler boxes I sowwie O: But a little bio is she is Ifrit/Tear who is touchy when it comes to being called a demon. She is charming and diplomatic but quite powerful as a fighter. She walks the path of an Oracle and has a curse because of it. During fighting she is unable to speak common tongue. ( Auran ("Tongue of the Heavens") Ignan ("Tongue of Fire") are the only two she can speak but that tis about all i can think of. O: Question comments let me know O:

I dont mind joining in canon fun as i have a group/ race here that travels through out the lands so tis not hard to write up a reason to be there O: We are to bring balance and see nor good or evil just what must be seen at the end O: When the world weeps were are the Tears O:

Edited by Genkuro

As always, I'll be bringing good buddy Syr to the party. You'll find his character sheet linked in my signature. The basic tl;dr is that his is a half human half meliae, which is an almost painfully specific type of Dryad. He's a very simple man; give him gold and a target, and consider them dead. He mainly specializes in espionage, assassination, and the appletini. Syr has been all over the world and seen all manner of strange happenings, but is always willing to discover new ones. His reason for being in Lumin would be quite simple: coin. Despite his nearly insufferable lust for material wealth, Syr is quite a bit more capable and grounded than he would seem at first glance. 

Okay everybody, after a bit too long (sorry about that) the IC thread is up. 

An OOC thread will be up soon as well, but in the meantime, I would like to re-confirm that everyone is still interested. If you are, please post here or like this message.

Additionally, this thread is still open to others if they are interested.

Sorry for the wait everyone, let's get it started.

Apologies for the questions.

1.It's still open, which means I can join right?

2.If I understand the story correctly, it is about bringing parts of the Wyrm and the Weaver ( sorry but are those primordial forces or something? ) into the Fae realm to stabilize the leakage of the wyld. Is this correct?

3. We are talking about the moonwoods right? I can connect it to my character's story as a return from the adventure back into the moonwoods. Maybe I'll pass by the group and join as they go into the portal or something.

Character story in short: A lonely fairy went off from moonwoods on an adventure (and ended up at the tavern)

If I join, this would be my first time role playing outside of the Tavern of Legend. Both excited and nervous at the same time 

Can I join? Looking forward to it :)

Edited by Bella_Donna
Spelling

Answering questions in order ^_^

1. Yes

2. That's the gist of it 

3. We not talking about the Moonwoods. This RP is set in a town on the edge of the Coconino Marsh

We'd be happy to have you aboard

I think I'll join.

Sorry but have a few more questions.

I'm a bit confused about the lore. Is there several portals leading to the same fae realm or does this lead to a completely different place to the fairy kingdom that can be accessed through the portal in moonwoods?

And how do we role play in that IC post? Is there a posting order? 

Thanks.

Questions are good, I like questions. They mean people are actually reading what I put down ^_^

As for answers, the Fairies of thee Moonwood are different from the Fae found in Lumin, as are the realms from which they hail.

IC posting wise, there will be a turn order, but we're waiting a bit to see who's signing on.

I'll leave this open until Friday, at which point I will put up the OOC thread and we'll set off with everyone that has expressed interest. Post order will be determined by who posts when in the initial round of posts and we'll just stick with that. Currently I have @Bella_Donna and @Anon signed on, and I know @amenities and @Genkuro expressed interest. If anyone is still interested, or newly so, please let me know here.