@scrivener Presuming Acorn finds the payment acceptable, feel free to write a concluding post and we can say he picked up the additional payment "off-screen". From there I can wrap it up as needed. I think we can also let Jeremiah's arrival and reception of payment occur off-screen as well.

that sounds great i'll try and get a post out tonight just one thing is would it be too much of a big deal to switch the silver out for gold? i dont know if its on purpose like the exchange rate or thats just how much the job pays regardless but not counting the extra payment the briefcase would be 4800 according to the economy list in terrenus but 15000 if its gold and the second seems more like suitcase full of cash in a warehouse money

5 minutes ago, scrivener said:

that sounds great i'll try and get a post out tonight just one thing is would it be too much of a big deal to switch the silver out for gold? i dont know if its on purpose like the exchange rate or thats just how much the job pays regardless but not counting the extra payment the briefcase would be 4800 according to the economy list in terrenus but 15000 if its gold and the second seems more like suitcase full of cash in a warehouse money

Oh, there is an economic exchange in Terrenus? I wasn't aware of that. Hmm. EDIT: Oh hey, look at that... right on the Terrenus main page. I'm such an idiot. lol

Anyway, I can adjust it slightly, but I was imagining gold is not as common in Norkotia whereas silver is a little more. So I can switch it so it is a mix of both maybe. They're paying in metals specifically though, since Norkotian cash would be useless to the outside world and they figure any mercenary worth their salt would be smart enough to figure that out.

Edited by Tyler

2 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Oh, there is an economic exchange in Terrenus? I wasn't aware of that. Hmm.

Anyway, I can adjust it slightly, but I was imagining gold is not as common in Norkotia whereas silver is a little more. So I can switch it so it is a mix of both maybe. They're paying in metals specifically though, since Norkotian cash would be useless to the outside world and they figure any mercenary worth their salt would be smart enough to figure that out.

oh i mean like terrenus has an economy list on its lore page that talks about how much metal is in USD but i didnt know if the same exchange rate was the same in norkotia so if thats how much it goes for then acorn is happy taking the job its something he would have known going in. i just wanted to ask in case

Just now, scrivener said:

oh i mean like terrenus has an economy list on its lore page that talks about how much metal is in USD but i didnt know if the same exchange rate was the same in norkotia so if thats how much it goes for then acorn is happy taking the job its something he would have known going in. i just wanted to ask in case

Yeah, I spotted that right after I posted. I feel like a fool. lol

Anyway I had a thought. Okay, so what say you to 10 gold, 20 silver in the case. (about 11,200) then I'll make the bonus be 25 silver for another 4,000. Total comes to 15,200. Also very heavy luggage. Jeremiah @Diremast will get just the 10 gold, 20 silver as a base.

Payments are one of the harder things in roleplays since it is difficult to judge what is correct market value for certain tasks.

10 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Yeah, I spotted that right after I posted. I feel like a fool. lol

Anyway I had a thought. Okay, so what say you to 10 gold, 20 silver in the case. (about 11,200) then I'll make the bonus be 25 silver for another 4,000. Total comes to 15,200. Also very heavy luggage. Jeremiah @Diremast will get just the 10 gold, 20 silver as a base.

Payments are one of the harder things in roleplays since it is difficult to judge what is correct market value for certain tasks.

me and acorn both like the sound of that and i think that hes gonna have to get one of those rolling suitcases. for payments on criminal stuff i usually just go off shows like white collar haha 

Alright, excellent. And the response I would have had the suit make to Acorn's inquiry about the safehouse was pretty much the same as what you put in your post, plus I really like the last few lines of your post about the newspaper bit so I consider it an excellent way to finish off the thread!

Thank you (both of you) very much for doing this with me!

@scrivener I don't know if you saw the future thread ideas I posted a while back and if you're interested in involving Acorn in one of them. If not, that's also totally fine and hopefully we get a chance to write together somewhere along the way later.

Same offer goes to @Diremast, though he hasn't been responding to me in a while so I'm going to assume he's AFV.