Ataraxy

Open 4now: Wait, what? I'm in Valucre? WTF?

Hah! So that title interested you, huh?

Huh?

HUH?

Shdw_Art01a.jpg

What if one day you went to sleep after a really long and stressful day.

The real you. Not who you pretend to be on Val, but the actual you.

In the real world.

You who's reading this.

You lie down in your bed.

Or couch. I don't know what's going on in your life. 

You close your eyes.

You fall asleep.

And suddenly...

Your eyes snap open because you heard something. Something that should not be heard inside of your room. 

You look around and see a group of other people, similarly confused. 

You all just stand there. No idea what's going on. 

And that's when you guys a dragon flying through the sky, chased by a group of soldiers.

Was that a plane?

One of them stops by your group.

He asks what you all are doing in the wilderness.

You just look at him blankly, until he points you in the direction back to Casper. 

Casper? There's no place near you called Casper? A definitely no city with that name. 

Then again, there's no dragons either. 

Finally, one of you looks around, a thought in their eyes. And they say the words you all were thinking but didn't believe was possible.

"Are we in Valucre?"

The idea behind this would be pretty simple. Whoever is interested just lets me know and we play out a situation where everyone is transported to the world of Val in some way. I gave the example of falling asleep, but it could also be a variety of other things like reincarnation or maybe you jumped into a pool and popped out in a Val lake. 

In the end, the only thing preset is that we all find ourselves in the same area, a couple miles from Casper. 

Once we get there, we each get 1 element ability like fire, ice, water, earth, etc. And none of us know how to use it. Since, well, we don't have powers IRL. 

Each of us have a unique ability where we can see a sort a virtual box identifier that allows us to see information about whoever we look at. It would sort of look like:

Name: Your Username (or real name if that's your poison).

Age: Doesn't have to be your real age as there's no way from me to really know either way, but lying about it kinda ruins the point of the roleplay lol

Ability: This remains unknown for PC until it's seen, but is filled in for NPCs.

Rank: Your rank is whatever is written as your rank on your Valucre profile.

Title: Let's you know where they stand in the world of Valucre. 

Also, I want to put an emphasis on this. Your character should literally be you. Act like you. Look like you. Otherwise it's no fun! When we get attacked, act like you would if you got charged by a group of sweaty men in armor in real life lmao

• You can add other stuff to the Virtual Box Identifier that's game like. Just let me know if you have an idea for it.

Although you can introduce yourself with your real name, I know that some people don't want to reveal their name so instead of having your real name, the name slot will be filled by your User name. So, for example, instead of saying Alex, the name next to the Name Identifier when you guys look at my will say Ataraxy. 

Basically this is what your character will see when they look at my character.

Name: Ataraxy

Ability: (IDK maybe) Fire - You can gain abilities as the roleplay goes on just like in a video game. Can be any kind of ability. Maybe you see an ability and pick it up. Maybe there's a scroll. Maybe you get hit by an attack and it gets added to your ability list!

Title: Otherworlder (we all have this cause we come from another world lol)

That's pretty much it! Let me know if you guys are interested or have any input!

Edited by Ataraxy

3 minutes ago, JaviD'Arcana said:

I'm interested in this RP, do I just create myself on here or PM my chara sheet to you @Ataraxy

I'm not going to require any character sheet or anything. You can if want though lol

You only need to describe yourself in your first post so that people know what you look like :)

5aa50e9855149792b5a0ab9aeacebc51.png

Name: Cristiano Ronaldo

Ability: Insane Football Skills

Title: Otherworlder

In all seriousness, here's me : Alex Winter

Don't be disappointed by the lack of Face Reveal. You'll be way more disappointed when you actually do get to see it >.<

I'm in @Ataraxy , let's bring it on!

On 2/3/2018 at 11:42 PM, Ataraxy said:

Although you can introduce yourself with your real name, I know that some people don't want to reveal their name so instead of having your real name, the name slot will be filled by your User name. So, for example, instead of saying Alex, the name next to the Name Identifier when you guys look at my will say Ataraxy. 

Secret Unlock Achived.

13 hours ago, ODSTDRAGON said:

Ability: NNNNNNNEEEEEERRRRDDD

I Am Mr Sam.

Casper? There's no place near you called Casper? A definitely no city with that name. 

But there is XD. That’s my home town.( jk but for real there are towns irl called casper.)

This thread might end up being abandoned as well as the previous one, but... Hell, let's at least give it shot.

Name: Shourito (disclaimer: i dont speak japanese)
Ability: Water
Title: русский xd Otherworlder

Haha, that whole pop-up identifier thing reminds of me of the new Jumanji movie. lol

Anyway, I have a lot of experience with such types of RPs in my pre-Valucre days. While I'd love to join this one, I am pretty well-booked at the moment, so it would be ill-advised on my part. That said, I would like to offer a suggestion or two.

For one, you should have a plot in mind before you start. It's still good to have something for the characters to be working on. Otherwise you'll just have a bunch of people in the wilderness wondering "what are we supposed to do" and nothing goes anywhere.

Also, I see most people have already selected abilities, but a fun alternative would have been to set up a sort of "random selection" system to determine what you can do. Kind of like how X-Men mutants or other superheroes don't really "pick" what ability they have, they just have it and deal with it. Might create some interesting scenarios, especially if an ability doesn't fit a individual's personality.

Anyway, good luck you guys.

Well, there has to be a reason as to why we’ve all been sucked into Valucre in the first place. I think a viable reason is that someone found a way to break the fourth wall, and now we need to find that very individual, and use whatever he’s created to send us back to our world through it.

It would make sense, a character who knew that he was a character on a Roleplay website, who wanted to find a way to our universe to conquer all ^

5 hours ago, Aves said:

Well, there has to be a reason as to why we’ve all been sucked into Valucre in the first place. I think a viable reason is that someone found a way to break the fourth wall, and now we need to find that very individual, and use whatever he’s created to send us back to our world through it.

It would make sense, a character who knew that he was a character on a Roleplay website, who wanted to find a way to our universe to conquer all ^

Why are you describing one of my characters that I’ve been wanting to use for a long time but don’t?

i legitimately have a character aware of the fourth wall. In fact how awesome he is at doing things is determined by the plot, and has a tendency to talk In OOC 

of course its kinda whacky so I’ll scratch him out for now until the wonderful lead returns to sort it out