Kalmuli

The New Queen in Town

Watching the kid of the man who had adopted him into the family look like this and knowing he was the cause, it was taking it's toll on Makiel. He stepped away, taking the cloth to slip behind his neck then he walked away. Terror was set into him, terror that he might have actually done some real harm to the boy. He was alone to his thoughts. "Shit.." The wanderer was shaky, finding a place to sit down on the stone so he could try and breathe while he played back his mistake over and over again until he could concrete what he did wrong and to not try it a second time. 

The worry that gripped Makiel was only making him worse until he was a bit of a mess. Removing himself from the situation so he did not have to watch Lenix in pain was doing good for his state of mind. Enough that he could think, try to shake off what happened, and hope to focus on calming down.

Lenix's head was still a bit heavy, tipping down and then back. It did this a few times until Kalmuli stabilized him. His large paw was still on the elf's shoulder as he was trying his damnedest to stop the wooziness. When he was offered the potion, Lenix followed her words, accepting the liquid down his throat. Though it was not the best tasting thing, he could feel the effects of it, at least the starting effects trying to heal his internal injuries. With Kalmuli's healing and the potion now sitting in his gullet, Lenix felt some of the initial 'shock' and unsteadiness starting to wear off. There was a bit of pain starting to come from his injuries now.

His teeth grit while he was feeling the after shock of taking wild essence kicks and punches. It was starting to come back to him what exactly happened. It was all a blur after Makiel came down from the overhead kick. The man was faster then he though and Lenix mistook his power, paying a price for it. "Ahh...haha...I..see now...why my..ahhh..uncle...hoped I wouldn't...mm..wouldn't be like...my father..heh heh..I..wasn't..thinking..Mak..he...he's really strong..haha...Here...I was..thinking he was..weaker...quiet most..our trip...asside from..damn it..aside from..talking about you.." His eyes were fully closed, trying to relax. Having his eyes open was making Lenix sick, though closing them was also making him nauseous. "Eww..ahhh..ew....I..think...I'm gonna be...a little...sick.."

Kalmuli knew Makiel would be kicking himself. Maybe even literally but right now, giving Lenix and himself some space.  She focused back on Lenix and smoothed down his fur that was a little crusty with blood but his head would feel better soon. She smiled, starting to pump up the magic, working in tandem with the potion. "It's alright...Sometimes you've just got to try something out of curiosity you know?"She said, her hands starting to wander along him as she spread her healing magic around.   "Plus, I think his clothes make him look a little harmless but he's got hands that can do many things. Including kick your butt pretty good."

Kalmuli would ease up off of her knees and step over to Lenix' side. She would put one hand to his chest and the other to his back. "It's okay if you need to throw up."She said, gesturing Plume over and the worried little woman brought over something to drink, easing to give it to Lenix. Kalmuli would take the glass, placing the cup to his mouth. "Here. Cold water kind of helps with that.  Try to get some down and then we'll see about getting you inside and lying down for a little while."

Kalmuli would gesture to Brenna who would come to Lenix's other side to help hold him up.  "A night of potions and your feet up, you'll be back up on the road by tomorrow afternoon."Kalmuli assured him. "You can keep your eyes closed if you want. We'll guide you to a guest room."

Makiel watched the son of his new adopted family wobble and finally stabilize more. It was a fear that gripped him that he might have gone too far but it was a reassurance knowing Kalmuli was there, someone he knew was perfectly capable of taking care of the boy. Though he beat himself up slightly for the trauma he inflicted, Makiel was also a bit proud of the results, knowing he could inflict that type of damage on someone when push came to shove..only he wasn't entirely sure how he did it. Things were still a bit of a mystery, like stumbling into a ocean of power that was never explored. There was a smile on his face knowing the would be moving Lenix soon.

The wanderer stopped beating himself up, stood up on his feet and moved to take the wolf from Brenna. "I've got him. Go make sure the way is clear and the room is tidy. I think I can handle carrying a heavy weight." Besides, the maidens knew best what to do to prep a room. 

Lenix took the drink when offered to him. The liquid helped keep him stable, though he held back a wave of vomit. "Urrhh...rest..yeah..rest would help greatly.." The wolf tried to keep his eyes open though it was to no avail. When his weight was shifted he was a touch surprised to see Makiel back near him. "Thanks..I-"

"Don't mention it, seriously don't, it takes effort to speak. Effort your body is trying to use to heal. Just focus on trying to relax and get better. You'll pull through, your tough, you run with a tough crowd and you fit in." Makiel was taking a large majority of the weight of Lenix, almost able to carry the big wolf with ease. "We'll talk once you wake up, for now just close your big ole jaws and focus on getting better."

Makiel looked over to Kalmuli then over to Plume. It was Plume he was most worried about, he would have a little chat with her later as well. It was something he felt was necessary being that it seemed the wolf and hand maiden had grew close. With a quick roll of Lenix onto more of his shoulder and his arm going around the wolf's waist to help hoist him, Makiel walked with the white fur wolf to follow behind the staff. "You get well enough I'll make sure to send ya off in better shape kid."

Brenna was more than happy to pass the weight over to Makiel and darted off with some of the other handmaids to get the room ready. Kalmuli appreciated the extra help since Makiel was taller. "Do as the man says."Kalmuli insisted. As they traveled through the palace, leading down cool corridors and staircases up into a room that looked out to the sea. The women had opened the window to let a sea breeze through and Kalmuli helped Makiel with easing Lenix into a plush, comfortable bed.

She held the back of Lenix's head while they eased him down and sat on the bed while she got the big wolf comfortable. Plume had followed closely, looking at Lenix from the bed post with a worried furrow of her brow. Kalmuli did her best to heal him but she was always worried about could happen while he was asleep.  "Rest now..."She said, grabbing some spare pillows to prop Lenix's legs up a little. "Close your eyes. It's safe to sleep now. Take as much time as you need to rest."

"Will...he be okay?"Plume asked. 

"When he wakes up, he'll be just fine. Maybe a little sore in some spots, but his elvish blood will heal those within a day."Kalmuli answered. She looked to Makiel. "We've got to get you healed up too."

After setting the wolf to rest, making sure his fluids looked good and to make sure Lenix was okay to rest, Makiel took some rest of his own with Kalmuli to her room. He flopped down on the couch and was just glad the wolf was okay. "Thank you..I..got a bit ahead of myself. I don't really know my strength so..I just sorta exploded..I'm..just glad you were around to help out. Heh..at least..now I know how far I can drive my power. That was..a rush. It just..sorta happened so fast, then I was taking the fight to Len..and then...it was hard to stop myself. I'm glad he's fine. Maybe a bit worse for wear, but still fine none the less." 

There was a sigh as he laid back looking up to the ceiling. "Well..either that gave morale a boost or that made everyone freaked out..I can only hope for the first." Makiel sat back just enjoying the peace that came with knowing things were going to be alright. "Soo...that bet.."

Kalmuli sat in a lounge chair across from the couch as she watched him stretch out, talking about the chaos that happened moments ago. She smiled and eased her head into her hand as she stared at him. "If you're not used to the power rush, you can kill someone by mistake."She said with a shrug. "When I first became a Weaver, I almost did it to a few people who asked for my help. I had no control over it. Then you learn about how to control the excitement and the addiction of it enough to focus."

Kalmuli eased up, sitting a little more upright. She smiled and leaned forward. "Well...the first round you lost...and the second one you won...So it's a draw pretty much."She smirked. "Regardless, I was going to tease you."

The rush was still fresh in him, but it was a weird feeling. Being he was artificial it was not much of a surprise that it would happen at one point or another. For now, he was just glad he didn't kill Lenix and that the fight ended how it had. Things could have gone better, but they damn sure could be worse. For now, Makiel simply enjoyed that things were at the least stable. 

"I need to assess what my new limitations are. I just felt a rush and though I could try out what my body was asking me to do. I wasn't expecting..well..that. It was like a was burning off essence to increase natural ability. I'll have to try that again on a target that can take the beating or one something that doesn't need to stay alive. Good to know that I can do, whatever that was. I might have to talk to Beris and track down Kaltroc. Those two are basically my fathers so it would make sense to see if they can help me figure out what this body can take. In the meantime, I think you have been good at seeing what I can do with the limits in place. I think we can both agree it wasn't good." Makiel sat forward more to look over Kalmuli. He was glad that she was here and was able to take care of the healing.

"I think it would help me develop skills while I'm out on my trip. Maybe take more into medicines and healing salves. I could talk more to Aldorto about that. I dunno, I really hope I can try to develop a life I want to live while I've out. If I take what I know about Salvine, Beris, and Kaltroc, I know magical manipulation is a forte of at least two of them, fortification magics is a staple of Beris and Kaltroc's fighting styles, healing is not a subject any of them are savants in, and attunement is natural for all three. If I'm guessing I'd say I have stronger affinities of all three then a natural child would. Trying to figure it out can take some time." There was a sigh. Makiel was piecing together things that were now becoming stressful. There was a time and place for that later and right now the focus was simply on enjoying the fact he was not dead. 

"If it's alright with you, I think a bit of tender loving care would tide me over well enough for a good while. I think I might have a few scars from everything that happened and as much as being teased over and over again sounds fun, having tender love and affection might do me something better. I know you'll be busy so I'll stick around for a good while before heading out. I don't want a repeat of last time I had to say goodbye to you." 

Kalmuli would ease from her own chair, slipping over to the couch he rested on down by his feet, lifting them to set them in her lap. She didn't care if they were dirty but it was nice to have some kind of contact. Even if it was his hairy legs. "Luckily I'm one of the better ones to test your skills with...it wouldn't hurt to learn some medicinal skills though. You never know when it  might come in handy. Mana manipulation can only get you so far unless it can be applied with another skill."She said, running her hand over his shins. "Once I don't have a crown on my head, I wouldn't mind a bout with you. Just to see what you can do and see how I can help."

Kalmuli would pat his leg. "Of course, you can always attend classes at my school. It wouldn't hurt and I think my students wouldn't mind learning about Homunculai. They don't dissect you. Just poke you with a lot of questions."She offered, easing back to rest against the sofa's backrest and continued to rub his leg. "I'd love for you to stay...more or less, I want to show how much I've missed you in the most tender and caring ways possible. Behind closed doors of course....and then once the crown is off, even more so."

She would pause her leg rubbing. "Right...that was...a very long and hard good-bye last time."She sighed. "A necessary one though."

Feeling contact again with Kalmuli was doing him better with peace of mind that things were not as bad as they seemed. Makiel was enjoying the breath of air that helped him relax after the fight, letting it sink in that things were just fine. 

The offer for a full out fight to see what his body could really do at it's limits was a welcome gesture, though Makiel was considering it a bit more now that he almost put Lenix in a coma. Additional training in medicinal skills was also a plus, being that only 3 of the clan knew any healing what so ever, adding a fourth healer would come in handy with a group of mercs and assassins.

There was still some chaos in the air over that as well, what exactly his role was going to be in the Ardesian household. At this point he wondered if anyone knew what they were doing in the household. Everything was up in the air and with everyone forced to take a leave of absence, it was still more confusing. For now, Makiel could only assume it was to clear everyone's head and let them think, but part of him thought it was so he had an excuse to check on Ingrid. Either way that gave Makiel the excuse to be able to see Kalmuli as well. 

The invitation into the school seemed like a well idea, something he had not though of but being a work of magic it would seem like a good idea. To have an understanding of the arcane as well as of how he was made would help him to realize his full potential. There was a passing thought as well, a slight memory that came through his mind on how to form the cards Salvine used...a meeting..on neutral ground..that would also set him forwards as well. His fingers felt the fabric of the world around him beginning to fold and tear to start to form the card but it fizzled off as Makiel let the moment pass him. "I would assume that would make a conflict of interest. Though I would not turn it down, I don't think I would stay for the entire schooling, no offence, but I don't see myself having the patience to continue in one sit down." 

The wanderer let himself relax a bit more, the cool down of his intense surge was manifesting as an aura that was steadily gaining strength. "Besides, I can only imagine how it would look that you were intimate with a study. Though I would like to come by to give your students a look at homonculi and also what my power can do, perhaps some tutoring and some practice of magic as a whole would do some good. I thought about seeing what Beris and Lenix could teach me. I didn't feel it right to ask to learn from you considering our relationship."

There was another bit of silence listening to her speak about his leaving last time. "Yeah...it was...it was rough...next time we say goodbye, let's not have me come back with a few gunshot wounds. I'll try to have you worry a lot less about me when I leave this time Fae." Makiel had leaned forwards looking over towards Kalmuli, just glad to be alive.

Kalmuli gave his leg a bit of a rougher pat, tsking and then going back to rubbing again. "Nonsense...I teach whoever is willing to learn, regardless of their relationship to me."She said, sitting back and rubbing the top of his foot. He had extremely rough and hard feet. Kalmuli made a note to give him something for it though for a homunculus, he probably wouldn't need to. She ran her fingernails along the tops of them. "You can stay for just a semester and learn at least some fundamentals. It's only six months but it'll give you time to practice and experience things."

Kalmuli would stop petting, shifting and laying along his side, partially on top of him with the size of the sofa. She rest her head on his chest, wrapping an arm about him. "Of course, training with a bunch of beginners would be more comforting. Less frustrating."She said, running her hand along his chest. "Of course you'd have a place to stay...and then you can see me any time after class."

She set her chin on his chest, looking up at him. "It'd be a little scandalous having a student-teacher relationship...but I don't just teach children."She said with a grin. "Either way...I could make sure that you're in one piece if you're resting right beside me."

The little bit of rubbing was nice, relaxing his mind more to be able to just breath and not have to be fighting, thinking of fighting, or having to be worried about anything. The time away had been incredibly rough, taxing on his mental well being. Now that it was over, little things like this felt huge. Hearing Kalmuli speak more about the schooling was making the decision much easier. Selling it for him that much more. 

"I think I might take you up on the offer. Though I want to have the time away, process Grey's shooting, process being a homnculi, process everything that took place..I'd like to touch base with the Ardesians as well.. maybe after we all come to visit once the crown is off your head. Afterall, I am still part of the clan, regardless if I stay or not, I was given a home and a family. I feel a bit attached to the wolves for taking me in. I want to know what's going on with them first and were I stand before making a decision like that."

When she moved to start rubbing along his chest Makiel let out a long sigh. This was nice to be held by someone else and to just lay without fear of being assailed. "I'd like to see what I can do, don't get me wrong, but how beginner is 'beginner'?" Then she came back at him with the promise of being so close by. That was something he could not say no to. 

"Having you not far at any time...yeah..I could get used to that. Knowing I don't have to worry about watching over my back while I sleep or worried about what was going to happen to me the next day...I'd like that. If it wasn't for where you were right now I'd be tempted to let you know how much 'I' missed you." Makiel's hand came down to gently rub along Kalmuli's neck and to play with her ear. A smile played from his lips while he looked down at Kalmuli. It felt good to be wanted, especially now that he was freed from what held him back, he felt like he was 'real' like he wasn't just a means to an end. It felt exhilarating knowing his choices were now his own.

Kalmuli hummed, enjoying the sensation of touch along her neck and flicked her ear as he played with it. She smiled, continuing to rub his chest side to side. "I know...it's going to take a while to process something like that."She said, looking downward. Kalmuli didn't want him to leave again but some journeys were best done with some distance. She looked back up again. "I know I've already said this, but you and everyone are welcome to come visit any time. I've gotten used to the chaos."

Kalmuli sat up slightly, looking down at him and taking in the lines and whiskers of his face. She reached up, brushing her hand along his beard as she admired the color and the texture. For her, even if he was a homunculai, he was so close to a perfect human in her eyes. She smiled, leaning up to give him a brief kiss. "Mmm...Beginner is very beginner. Like, have probably only ever used water to clean a wound."She said as she smiled down at him. "I'm sure your massage skills will have you top of the class in no time."

She grinned down at him, glanced at the room door before shifting so she was sitting right on his lap, straddled over him. "I have always been a bit of a rule breaker..."She chuckled teasingly. 

Makiel let out a groan as Kalmuli started to rub against his sides and chest. "Relax, I intend to stay around for a good while before heading out again. It'll be nice to just have a good while to breath and let my wounds heal up, both mental and internal need some time to heal up. Though the internal will heal much faster if they haven't already closed." With a light smile, Makiel ran his thumb along Kalmuli's chin.

"Ahh..I think everyone will be glad for some R&R. Just be warned, that means you have to meet the Bear. Kreig and Ishanis seem more agreeable but..Bear is...he stands out. Everyone should appreciate the time spent with one another while not fighting. And also you might get used to the sound of purring for a good while."

When Kalmuli sat up some, his eyes caught her face and he smiled up at her. She was so beautiful that it was hard to believe he was even here with here right now. The light peck made him smile and redden slightly. "Beginner beginner..well I guess I will have a large advantage being I already can manipulate the world around me, I know defensive and enhancement magic, even some summoning magic, and now have access to some more magic that..I don't even really understand in full but I can feel it running through me." Makiel stretched out his legs some to get more comfy. 

Once Kalmuli was up in his lap, however, his hands held onto her hips while he looked up at her. "Mmm..I think my hands will be getting me to top of the class and a favorite among staff. Though I think you would love having me around more often for quite a few reason." His hands were already working on pulling her muscles and rolling them in his fingers.

Kalmuli beamed, easing into a sigh as his hands kneaded her muscles in her hips. Between the high heels and corsets, the rubbing was welcome. She exhaled, looking down at him. "Good...because I was just going to tie you down if you didn't."She said, easing forward to fold her arms on his chest so she could lay, relaxing on top. "I'll take good care of you in the mean time. Fill you with so much good food and company, you'll have to roll yourself down the hill."

As his hands massaged her hips, she let out a little grunt. A tender spot. "I can definitely help with that...odd ball magics are my specialty."She said, reaching up to brush her fingers along the hairs of his beard again, enjoying the soft but crunchy texture. "You're blessed having such a qualified teacher."

She grunted again, relaxing a bit more and sighing as it was kneaded away. "Me? More than your hands and many talents?"She said, feigning innocence. "Definitely yes...I cannot tell a lie lest my mother return from the grave and turn my arse red."

Makiel's fingers were at work getting rid of the knots along Kalmuli's sides. As he worked a bit higher he could feel more tender spots, rubbing the areas to help ease off the pain as well as 'pinching' down tight knots as they dwindled down into nothingness and loosened away. "There's a thought, making the staff listen to our..reunion. You keep giving the me reason to join your school I'll be there for quite a while, maybe even tied up in one of the rooms waiting for you to come back. I've been told my kind doesn't need very much food, drink, or sleep to survive, so I could be down there for quite a long time." There was a bit of a chuckle as he decided to tease her by giving her lewd ideas. 

Makiel let out a content sigh while his beard was being brushed. "I'm looking forward to seeing what I can learn from you and what my body can do." The little bit of grunts and winces coming from Kalmuli let him knew he was doing his job well. After getting the kinks out, Makiel began rubbing the tender areas gently but firm enough to redirect some muscle tissue. Her little jest of innocence made him smile, "Only a shade of red? Not dull purple from bruising? I was sure that was more your style Kal," The grin on his face became more impish as he teased her.