-The Forbidden Woods-

What could possibly await us, where man fears to tread?

uoLdR8N.jpg

Since time immemorial, places linked to the fae of Terrenus have been known as uneasy, tenebrous places. Places where the tightly packed trees and dense foliage, as well as ancient fae magic, begin to weigh on the minds and hearts of men. 

Those who enter places like this, the fallow home of natural spirits, rarely find their way out, and those who do are...affected. The very trees sap the memories and sanity of trespassers, either through some unseen magic, or through the choking isolation these trees seem to provide.

Who is to say what truly lurks in these Forbidden places? Only rumors and stories can supplant any tangible theories, ranging from the presence of some long-slumbering god of the forest, to the more reasonable theories about a hidden race of faerie, so xenophobic that they cursed their own home in order to deter outsiders.

Whether or not these tales hold any weight is still not conclusive, but one thing is certain, they have served to keep the vast majority of potential trespassers at bay.

The situation in Terrenus is growing increasingly more volatile, and never before has the continent been in more disarray. Conflict abounds, and between the roads being used as major choke points and valuable resources being controlled in the interest of feeding and supplying the armies of each major faction, the bystanders are the ones who hurt most. In the far eastern section of Terrenus, villages and towns are reliant on supplies located closer to the center of the landmass, and with tensions brewing it will soon prove impossible to maintain any civilian roadways into the mainland, and supplies from the major city of Ashville have slowed to a trickle. With no other options left to them, many will be expected to leave their homes and seek sanctuary elsewhere.

Unless, of course, there is an alternative solution. Which you already know there is, don't you? It's why you're reading this.

The Forbidden Forest, or the Forgotten Forest, as some might call it, looms quite close by. While the twisted advance of the ancient trees may be intimidating, it's still possible that an opportunity to preserve the homes and livelihood of the civilian population could still be found underneath the forest's darkened canopy. At least, that's what one charismatic young woman believes. She has claimed to have made her way through the woods, and met with the denizens therein. If such a claim is grounded in reality, and not in fiction, then surely there exists an opportunity for a parley of sorts.

Perhaps there exists a chance the people who want nothing more than to survive the oncoming civil war 

Spoiler

I have mentioned everyone who has currently expressed an interest in participating in the thread, here.

@Sir Nathaniel

@MJ2431

@ODSTDRAGON

@Genkuro

So! You've made it this far, have you? Well, let me take a minute more to convince you that this thread is worth joining.

This faction, first and foremost, belongs to @Chouette. Without his idea, I would not have decided to get enrolled in the civil war at all, and so the events of the upcoming thread would never have happened.

The goal of this thread, of course, is to chronicle the founding of what I hope to be possible the most tragic element in the Terrenus Civil War. Participants will be helping each other navigate through the faewilds, facing off against treacherous beasts, encountering never before seen elements of the fae wild, and communicating with the reclusive fae, in the hopes of helping those who need it the most. 

PAQ's (Possibly Asked Questions)

What kind of characters can we use?

All of them! So long as they are acceptable by MP and Terrenus world standards, there are zero limits on the kinds of folk that can come into the thread. Give me anybody you like! 

How long will this thread be?

The thread has to be a minimum of two pages long, but seeing as I have a definite plan for what we should expect upon entering the woods, I would say that we should expect approximately five pages, give or take a few. Do not be discouraged, as the convenient location of the thread allows us to do a sort of drop in and out style of writing; if you're no longer able or interested, you can simply let us know and bow out. We simply assume that you were swallowed up and spit out by the woods, so nothing of value is lost. I will also look into whether or not it is possible to leave with some kind of artifact or loot for your troubles. 

What will this thread even be about?

Well! If you like:

• Diplomacy
  • Traps
  • Exploring
  • Mass Murder

Then this is the thread for you!

So you've heard my spiel. Thank you for taking the time to read this little interest check of mine. Please note that the thread is currently underway, and I will not turn down any volunteers. If you post in here with a character sheet and express interest, then feel free to also make your first post here.

Thanks again, and have a good one!

1 hour ago, ODSTDRAGON said:

What happened to Choutte?

Who knows?

3 hours ago, JackDoggo said:

I'm interested. Vince would definitely join :D

I'll happily take him along. The thread has been provided already; feel free to post when available.

5 minutes ago, Chouette said:

I got sick.

Twice.

In a row.

#funtimes

:o

Well! I'm glad you're feeling better now! I suppose you may want your position back, yes?

28 minutes ago, Jotnotes said:

Well! I'm glad you're feeling better now! I suppose you may want your position back, yes?

Honestly I'm not sure what to do really.

On one hand I would like to try and be involved in some capacity, because it's a fun idea and it gives me chance to use one of my favorite characters. On the other hand, I'm still not entirely better (up and about again but still feeling pretty crap), and I now have a big RL backlog to deal with. I was taking too long to get the thread rolling even before I got hit with the viral wombo combo, and I doubt I'd be able to manage it well now, given the circumstances.

So I think the best and fairest option for all involved would be for me to let you have the faction and keep doing what you're doing (assuming you're all right with this). If and when I can get my shit fully together, I can join in the thread (as a player/helper rather than leader, since I'm guessing you have your own plans for how things will go by this point). That way I'll still get to help out somehow, but I won't be holding anyone up or getting in the way of any plans made in my absence. Sound good?

Edited by Chouette

46 minutes ago, Chouette said:

Honestly I'm not sure what to do really.

On one hand I would like to try and be involved in some capacity, because it's a fun idea and it gives me chance to use one of my favorite characters. On the other hand, I'm still not entirely better (up and about again but still feeling pretty crap), and I now have a big RL backlog to deal with. I was taking too long to get the thread rolling even before I got hit with the viral wombo combo, and I doubt I'd be able to manage it well now, given the circumstances.

So I think the best and fairest option for all involved would be for me to let you have the faction and keep doing what you're doing (assuming you're all right with this). If and when I can get my shit fully together, I can join in the thread (as a player/helper rather than leader, since I'm guessing you have your own plans for how things will go by this point). That way I'll still get to help out somehow, but I won't be holding anyone up or getting in the way of any plans made in my absence. Sound good?

I'd be more than happy to continue as I planned. I will be sending you a PM explaining what direction I aim on taking the thread in, as well. I would greatly value your insight into my concepts.

Here's a happy little bump.

Just a happy reminder to you lovely folks, that I'll be continuing the thread approximately a week from the time this interest check went live, and I'll likely be accepting applicants following that, as well.

15 hours ago, Fennis Ursai said:

If this is still open I have someone interested in helping to get supplies to the common folk.

We're still open! Hop aboard!

True to form, my next post goes up today!

For those who have yet to post, or are still considering whether or not to join, please remember that this is an open thread! I'm accepting almost all applicants at the time, and I'm offering a guilt-free drop-in/drop-out concept for this thread. The unique properties of the forgotten woods offer us the unique chance of having characters get lost and found at any given time, so it's not unrealistic to assume that your character can go MIA if you suddenly find yourself unable to join us.

For those looking to join in after this upcoming post, please feel free to do so, or ask me any questions if you're having trouble finding a chance to enter the thread. My DM's are always open, and there will be an OOC provided after my next post goes up, so we're free to discuss there as well!