Ataraxy

Valuce: Breaking the Fourth Wall

On 4/10/2018 at 5:25 PM, P.N.See said:

...They arrived at the place, guided by Kodiak's voice, which was becoming louder and more ferocious. The scene revealed was... Well... Seeing exposed blood and guts from the laptop's monitor is one thing. Seeing a bunch of creatures' mangled corpses lying right before you - that's another kind of imagery. The sick one. Sho'Horo didn't felt sick by looking at the blood-stained scene. He was rather terrified by the monstrous being that just a few minutes ago sweared in Russian and had a name "Kodiak". Being in a berserk state, he was single-handedly wrecking the hell out of the pack of wolfes surrounding him. It is truly questionable whether it were really the wolves Sho'Horo should fear...

Among this chaos he hadn't noticed a petite feminine creature behind Kodiak. Before Sho'Horo had a chance to take a closer look, The Alaskan Beast had already shoved his boot into her head. Was it a human? It looked like a human, at the very least. Sho'Horo heard something about nymphs and dryads, the spirits of nature, etc. And now one of these majestic deities had been thrown down, then electrocuted...

Wait... Electrocuted?!

He watched as a newcomer had launched some sort of an energy ball into the dryad, paralyzing her in advance. Why did he do this? How did he do this? Why is there blood everywhere? Aren't her sisters coming for revenge already? There was too many questions; Nick's head started to hurt - either because of smell of blood or his failing senses.

"W-what... what the fuck is going on?!" - Sho'Horo let out and grabbed the newcomer's hand (@Hurttoto). - "Cut the crap and explain me all this! That's how you contact with people, huh?!"

@Abigail666 @Raspberry LA @Fennis Ursai @Akako Akari

He felt startled when his hand was suddenly caught in another "Well uhh she was attacking someone and I jus-"

On 4/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, Abigail666 said:

Sho'Horo’s words and shouts echoed out in the clearing, jarring Abigail from the cross-examination of her own mental state to the present. She started to move towards them warily, should the creature of the wolves make another attempt, to calm the situation somewhat. “The wolves and the plant thing attacked Kodiak! It was only self-defence, we had to come and help him fight them off.” Her hands were raised slightly, like those when one approaches a frightened animal. “The creature could call something even worse if we don’t hold it down or defeat it.” She approached them slowly, moving herself so she was slightly in front of the other guy (@Hurttoto) and Sho'Horo.

@Fennis Ursai @Hurttoto Sho'Horo’s words and shouts echoed out in the clearing, jarring Abigail from the cross-examination of her own mental state to the present. She started to move towards them warily, should the creature of the wolves make another attempt, to calm the situation somewhat. “The wolves and the plant thing attacked Kodiak! It was only self-defence, we had to come and help him fight them off.” Her hands were raised slightly, like those when one approaches a frightened animal. “The creature could call something even worse if we don’t hold it down or defeat it.”@Akako Akari @P.N.See

"-y-yeh what she said sorry but producing that shock ball thing somehow made me jittery and fatigue at the same time so i-im stuttering now, oh and by the way the name is Hurttoto whats yours?" he said to the both of them though he could feel the energy returning to him. As he looked up to see the dryad being burned with steam.

20 hours ago, Raspberry LA said:

When the dryad stopped twitching and stood up, Ellie matched the creature's murderous gaze with one of her own; she wasn't seeing the dryad, she was seeing a different implacable, hostile, potentially lethal female in it's place.

"Stop trying to hurt my friends!!"

The stick in Ellie's hand lashed out and broke cleanly in half on the dryad's bark-like hide.

Ellie felt heat rising in her gut as her anger flared even higher. If she was in a cartoon, steam would be coming out of her ears.

In point if fact, steam was coming out of her ears.

"STAY DOWN, YOU GRIMY OLD CUNT!"

She took a step forward and shoved at the dryad; when she did so, scalding steam erupted from her palms. The creature let out a tortured scream as it was enveloped by the superheated cloud.

Ellie wasn't shocked, or surprised, or anything but emboldened by this development. She focused harder, shoving again, driving more steam at the beast in front of her which still looked like a creepy, dangerous redhead to her rage-twisted vision.

"FUCKING DIE ALREADY!!"

The steam seemed to channel all of Ellie's pent-up fury, and as it sprayed from her hands it ebbed from her body. Eventually, she was empty. The steam stopped, and Ellie dropped to her knees, not caring if the beast in front of her was still a threat. 

She let out a wretched sob, and commenced crying in the grass.

"Wow got to say I belive that dryad if that was a dryad was quite hostile, anyways you alright?" as he began to look around to see if there were anymore threats incoming from the distance. Before sitting down collecting what just happened.

17 hours ago, Fennis Ursai said:

There came a loud yelp from the wolf, it managed to get out of Kodiak's grasp. The blood and adrenaline loss was making him weak. Once it broke free the wolf bolted, too afraid to stay, wanting nothing but to be free. It ran, ran as fast as it's paws would let it. His hair on his arm was covered in blood. The blood loss was getting to him. "Good...the dryad's dealt with..fuck...good work.." He was slow to move, his body wrecked with the heightened awareness he went through. Kodiak did his best to brush off the pain and wipe the blood off his skin.

He drug himself over to the smoking screaming dryad. With a fast jab, he went for the face, making sure she was out. Once he was certain she was incapacitated, Kodiak drew in a deep breath, using the scalding skin to cauterize his wounds. There was intense pain, a lot of clenching and a yell, not a roar, but a yell of pain followed by a series of strained breaths. "Sshh...shhhiit..mmmm...ssssnnnnn....every..everyone.....fuck!..." His arm was scared with the heat. He spit up blood, the internal damage from the dryad trying to squeeze him to death was evident now his rage subsided. It was the only thing he could thing of to stop the bleeding. 

"Alright...everyone...re..fuck me...regroup....we might..go without food for a bit, but we desp...grrr...damn arm..." He sighed knowing this pain was going to last a damn good while. "Fuck...alright look...we need to get to know one...another. Something I was hoping to avoid." Kodiak was slow to move but he made his way towards the red-haired gal, he wasn't good at handling people in high stress situations but he was good at taking hits and handling rage. "Hey..." He was cautious to approach but he placed a hand on Ellie's back, "Thanks.." His placed the hand then pat her on the back before turning to everyone else. 

"Thank you..to all of you. You guys saved my ass, I would have died, been wolf chow or died to that thing." Kodiak hinted to the dryad, he spat up some blood, he 'was' still dying, the internal bleeding would eventually kill him at this rate. Exhaustion was setting in, he had to sit down. "Ahh...the taste o my own blood..mmm..we're in for a good day. Well..we need to get acquainted with one another, take in what just happened. I'm alive, thanks to all of you, 'preciate that by the way.." He was swallowing his own blood, giving him something to trick his stomach of sustenance. "Ey," Kodiak looked up in the sky, trying to relax, "If it helps, you all might be going into shock, I suggest sitting down, kicking your feet in the air. Letting the blood get back to your head..if you have tension..dis-ease...jitters..I'm a massage therapist...I can help with that."

"From the looks of you you'll probably need one, and a medic to, neither which I am and umm no thank you im fine but thanks for asking, im Hurttoto  " he said while looking around again. @P.N.See

@Abigail666 @Raspberry LA @Fennis Ursai

Edited by Hurttoto

On 4/15/2018 at 2:24 PM, Fennis Ursai said:

Kodiak was slow to move but he made his way towards the red-haired gal, he wasn't good at handling people in high stress situations but he was good at taking hits and handling rage. "Hey..." He was cautious to approach but he placed a hand on Ellie's back, "Thanks.." His placed the hand then pat her on the back before turning to everyone else

Ellie sniffed and looked up, some kind of 'I'm-a-hard-ass" retort on her lips, but her eyes narrowed as she took in Kodiak's injuries, and the blood he'd coughed up all over his chest.

"Jesus, you look like my cat after she got clipped by a truck."

On 4/16/2018 at 7:33 AM, Hurttoto said:

From the looks of you you'll probably need one, and a medic to, neither which I am and umm no thank you im fine but thanks for asking, im Hurttoto  " he said while looking around again.

"Zappy's right, guys. We need to get Kodiak some help here."

Ellie bit her lip, and waited for a response.

Birds chirped.

Leaves rustled. 

Ellie waited some more.

While it was only a few moments, in her mind it felt like the silence lasted four or five whole days. 

Nobody else was moving. Nobody had any suggestions. Clearly, nobody had "Lay On Hands" as a superpower.

Well hell, as Jamie would say.

Ellie choked down the lump in her throat and climbed to her feet. It was, as usual, all on her. New crisis; stupid girly emotions go back into their box. One day, she hoped, someone else would take charge in a high-stakes situation and she could just cry for a second. Not today, tho.

"Ok, folks, listen up! This is not a dream. This is a real magic crazy Narnia forest and we have real crazy abilities and Kodi might be really dying. So we need to stop sitting on our thumbs and get something done, kay kay? Kay."

She trotted back to the clearing and gathered up her stuff in her arms. Coming back to the group, she dropped it in a pile. "So since I don't know shit about shit when it comes to blood and guts and stuff, and I guess none of you do either, here's the plan. We split into three teams. Team 'Awesome Adventurers', which includes me, will be going out to try and get help. Team 'Cool Carers' will either stay behind and take care of Kodiak, or else make a stretcher or a sled or something and drag him along behind Team 'Awesome Adventurers', who will be marking the trail. Whichever you guys decide, I don't care, I won't be there. Use all this junk however you want," Ellie gestured vaugly at her coveralls and work equipment.

"Finally, Team 'Stupid Spectators' can go fuck right off."

The tiny woman wore an expression of authority that made her seem at least a little taller as she looked at each person individually. "So, sort yourselves into whatever team you want. I'm leaving in ten minutes." 

Why ten minutes? Because she just remembered that she did in fact have some idea how to turn sticks into fire; there was still a three-quarter pack of cigarettes in her pocket, and a tiny pink Bic was buried inside. She leaned against a tree, fished the pack out of her jeans and lit a smoke. 

Edited by Raspberry LA

Abigail smiled at Hurttoto and Sho’Horo, the situation could be resolved. She smiled and introduced herself as well as Abigail but danced away from the steaming fury of Ellie. Smacking her hands to her ears as she started to shout and curse the forest creature. Its death was even worse, but she couldn’t look away from that. It’s like her eyes were glued to the speculate like some gruesome performance of boiling a lobster. At least she couldn’t hear much of its dying sounds, she doubted she could have dealt with such stimuli as sight and sound for such a memory.

She lowered her hands, feeling numb after watching the torment of the creature. It deserved it. It was us or them, Abigail whispered to herself quietly. Curling her hands, digging her nails into her palms to gain some sense of feeling, she watched with shivers down her spine as Kodiak seared his skin and wounds over the creature. She gagged slightly, turning it into a cough as the smell hit her like a smack in the face. It smelled like cooking meat, however, she mumbled out a “You’re welcome.” And a smile to Kodiak, snorting slightly as he offered to give people massages. “You’re bleeding from the inside out, you just need to sit down and stay still for a long time.” God, she sounded like her mother. Dark times indeed.

Next, she approached Ellie, offering her a quick squeeze on the shoulder for comfort and a rub down the back, not wanting to overwhelm her with too much physical affection all at once.

3 hours ago, Raspberry LA said:

"Ok, folks, listen up! This is not a dream. This is a real magic crazy Narnia forest and we have real crazy abilities and Kodi might be really dying. So we need to stop sitting on our thumbs and get something done, kay kay? Kay."

Ellie’s words were hard but necessary, Abigail flinched slightly under them. It was hard to accept such a dramatic and almost impossible idea that this could all be real. But so far, the evidence had proved that they were indeed in a magical another world. It was all becoming a little undeniable. 

So, Abigail straightened and nodded along with Ellie’s words, she almost wished she could stand to attention and salute at the end of her talk. However, she doubted that would be appreciated by the woman whose words had almost smouldered as brightly as the cigarette that sent trails of smoke into the air.

She raised her hand, stepping up the task. “I would like to be part of Team 'Cool Carers' please as so eloquently said. We could try and make him a stretcher using our jackets where we fold in the sleeves and maybe put branches on the inside.” She scratched her head a little and pondered, adopting a thinking pose. “Alternatively, Ellie, I don’t suppose you have any duct tape? We could use that instead to form straps and still use branches for the support.” She turned to the pile and started rummaging around,

“Hey Kodiak, do you like have any puncture wounds? We’d best know now and patch them up before we try and put you on a stretcher.” She gave a small laugh, happy to have the purpose once again.

@Hurttoto @P.N.See @Raspberry LA @Fennis Ursai

On 4/20/2018 at 3:53 PM, Raspberry LA said:

She trotted back to the clearing and gathered up her stuff in her arms. Coming back to the group, she dropped it in a pile. "So since I don't know shit about shit when it comes to blood and guts and stuff, and I guess none of you do either, here's the plan. We split into three teams. Team 'Awesome Adventurers', which includes me, will be going out to try and get help. Team 'Cool Carers' will either stay behind and take care of Kodiak, or else make a stretcher or a sled or something and drag him along behind Team 'Awesome Adventurers', who will be marking the trail. Whichever you guys decide, I don't care, I won't be there. Use all this junk however you want," Ellie gestured vaugly at her coveralls and work equipment.

The tiny woman wore an expression of authority that made her seem at least a little taller as she looked at each person individually. "So, sort yourselves into whatever team you want. I'm leaving in ten minutes." 

Why ten minutes? Because she just remembered that she did in fact have some idea how to turn sticks into fire; there was still a three-quarter pack of cigarettes in her pocket, and a tiny pink Bic was buried inside. She leaned against a tree, fished the pack out of her jeans and lit a smoke. 

"Zappy? Well i would have personally preferred electron but ok guess my second nick name is Zappy" he said seeming still surprised a bit at the fact that he was able to erect an electric charge, although he knew thst the drain on hos own life force would be tremendous unless he figured out how to use the powers with more efficiently.

But before he could do that he need to provide help, except that he didnt know how to build a good strecher sled but he did know how he could heal him.

"We need to find aloe so ill join the awsome adventurers because we'll have a better chance at finding some while we're making a trail. Then I can bring it back and use it to keep Kodiak from bleeding any further"

Then he looked down the hill and found a sort of path that led down to the bottom or so it seemed from the angle he was looking.

"..."

Sho'Horo stood, still holding a newcomer's hand (His name was Hurttoto, was it?). Whether the static current from the last attack had affected him or his own psyche had decided to call it quits, yet for a moment Nick had lost the connection with the outside world. Ellie - a calm adolescent woman - was screaming in anger. The dryad - a victim of someone's misunderstanding - was screaming in agony. Everything in Nick's head was screaming in a terrifying cacophony. He felt himself sinking into a surreal nightmare where the only sentient beings among those faceless power-driven monstrosities was himself and the dryad. And now her corpse was lying right before him. Mutilated. Mangled. Blood-soaking. Blood flowing here and there. Blood... Blood...

"..ugh. Ugh! CUT THE CRRRRRRRRAPSTERS!" - Sho'Horo suddenly smashed his palm several times into his head and shook it energetically. Surprisingly, an obtuse pain inflicted by those consecutive slaps made the grim vision go away. Only then Sho'Horo noticed he still had Hurttoto's hand in his own.

"S-sorry, pal." - He mumbled, barely catching his breath. - "I just... I had to... just gimme a sec..."

His mind, trained by dozens of books in common and forum roleplaying in particular, had played a cruel joke on him. Next time, he thought, he should to keep his head cold, whether he was outside the real world or not. Yet his reaction could be understood at some point. Witnessing dead animals in real life is downright disturbing, yet bearable at some extent. But seeing a sentient being - possibly a human one - being obliterated by punches, zaps and live boiling... That was a lot overboard.

Before Sho'Horo could regain consciousness, it was already over. Kodiak, the mischief maker, was thanking his saviors, while struggling not to spit out his own lungs - it is unknown what had truly happened, but it seemed Kodi surely had a hard time. Those who had dealt with the dryad were recovering, while Ellie - that profanity-screaming, steam-streaming gal - had taken the initiative.

On 20.04.2018 at 10:53 PM, Raspberry LA said:

Sho'Horo chuckled reflexively. Yeah, that was definitely looking like a classic fairy tale. A fairy tale that goes horribly wrong and turns into a surreal gorefest. It's all fun and memes unless you're the hero of this "story".

"Oh, is that Narnia? In that case - congratulations. You have just fucking toasted one of its inhabitants. Ah, bravo, Figaro, bravo, bravissimo!" - The last sentence he spoke with the pitch going upside down in a sarcastic manner. - "So if we have some sort of superpowers, we are automatically authorized to kill everything that breathes, aren't we?"

Deep inside, though, he was kind of jealous of his companions. So far they had a chance to tap into their "gift", while Sho'Horo felt painstakingly normal - with no inspiration or spark or whatsoever. Perhaps he had no powers at all?

Still, Ellie continued her organizational speech.

On 20.04.2018 at 10:53 PM, Raspberry LA said:

"So since I don't know shit about shit when it comes to blood and guts and stuff, and I guess none of you do either, here's the plan. We split into three teams. Team 'Awesome Adventurers', which includes me, will be going out to try and get help. Team 'Cool Carers' will either stay behind and take care of Kodiak, or else make a stretcher or a sled or something and drag him along behind Team 'Awesome Adventurers', who will be marking the trail. Whichever you guys decide, I don't care, I won't be there. Use all this junk however you want," Ellie gestured vaugly at her coveralls and work equipment.

"Excuse me?! How about YOU go f-" 

It was obvious Nick was out of rescue operation, even though he would be eager to help. But Stupid Spectators?! Okay, miss, that was a low blow. Sho'Horo was about to forsake his manners and spit out all the means of profanity he had learned during the net surfing. Yet, being usually calm and polite, he couldn't do it. After all, the excessive profanity wouldn't heal Kodi's wounds.

"Ahem... I mean, there shouldn't be any spectators and idlers. I agree, we should help him as soon as possible." - He took a quick glance at the dryad's corpse. - "We've had enough of death for today..."

Some people from the group have picked up their roles. While the woman in a dress would take care of Kodi, Ellie and Hurttoto would go further into the forest to seek materials for handling the injured one. Sho'Horo still had to decide what he should do, where he would go. After all this rush his throat became dry and sore, so his mind turned back to thoughts about water.

Water...

Water...

A fresh, sparkling water. Flowing down, carrying away everything it takes into its grasp... Flowing... Washing... Soothing...

"Br-r-r-r!"

Why does he keep daydreaming about water?!

After shaking off another vision, Sho'Horo considered that looking for a decent water supply might be proven useful: without a fresh water it would be nearly impossible to tend to Kodi's wounds without serious consequences.

"I guess we could use some water from the river nearby..." - Sho'Horo said. - "If there is any river around. It is obvious walking deep alone is a suicide. So I might need a helping hand. What do you say, Ellie?"

@Fennis Ursai@Hurttoto@Abigail666@Raspberry LA

The sounds of yelling and morale breaking around him was unnerving, yes he was loud and boisterous, but mostly when he was implanting fear and panic, the classic standing stone of morale breaking tactics, making one's self seem inhumane, in his case he chose to look like a wild animal, at times even demonic with the way he fought. It was his goal, to be the thing that terrifies his enemies, making himself seem as inhuman as possible.

Ellie, was it, the one yelling and taking charge seemed to have this situation under control for the moment. It came from the other guy, the russian speaker, that made him turn his head. He was speaking exactly what Kodiak was thinking, 'We just killed a denizen of the forest.' "Yeah.." He coughed up some blood, his body not quite able to relax,"...mmm that taste wonderful..." He sharply inhaled before turning to speak to Sho'Horo, "He's right..We know nothing of this place...and we just murdered what I can only assume was a dryad, a nature spirit. While I..."He turned his head, hoping to stop the blood from coming up, "..mmm...while I appreciate that, we should refrain from 'killing' things for a while..might disturb the natural balance of things. I was hoping to keep her alive..but the damage is done." For now, Kodiak would focus on breathing and staying alive. "Water...is very important...civilization..is a secondary hope...in the event we 'are' alone here, we need to come to terms with that. Water and food, a very real threat if not check." 

He moved to be sitting with his back against a tree. this would help him move less. His eyes met that of the corpse of the Dryad...it was sad how things went down but he wasn't crushed and being devoured so that was a real threat taken away. So he'd have company, good. He'd try not to speak much but having someone body guard him would be good. "I suggest diverting resources to water but we are kinda spread thin...move in pairs, be your brother and sister's keeper. I highly suggest..." He spit up blood, the flow felt slower like his body was beginning to hear the injury, "...arming yourselves. If you meet anyone, don't be gullible and don't be rude...it goes without saying. We're foreigners, unless you've 'been' to another country, then you don't know what that feeling is like. Be polite, respectful, and smart." He felt stupid saying this but he had no idea 'who' the hell these people were and what they knew. "As for my rescue, I owe you all...hopefully we can find something to cook up and cook on." 

His body was exhausted, he felt it was best to keep chatter to a minimum. The forest was a welcoming place, he would not be opposed to dying here truthfully, but he cared not doing so on his ass. He'd prefer dying on his feet. 'I'm not dying here..not from a fucking tree. Come on, you got this big guy, just sit back and relax, and stay awake.'

On 4/23/2018 at 11:26 PM, P.N.See said:

"Oh, is that Narnia? In that case - congratulations. You have just fucking toasted one of its inhabitants. Ah, bravo, Figaro, bravo, bravissimo!" - The last sentence he spoke with the pitch going upside down in a sarcastic manner. - "So if we have some sort of superpowers, we are automatically authorized to kill everything that breathes, aren't we?"

She laughed slightly at his words, trying to brighten the mood as she snapped off branches, mentally apologizing to the trees to find suitable sticks to make a stretcher. I guess everyone was starting to lose the plot or accept the storyline. At least the group seemed to be moving into action now. Woooo! Yay for productivity! Supplies, water and something similar to first aid.

On 4/24/2018 at 12:21 AM, Fennis Ursai said:

"..mmm...while I appreciate that, we should refrain from 'killing' things for a while..might disturb the natural balance of things. I was hoping to keep her alive..but the damage is done."

Abigail quickly hushed her smile, her face becoming smooth as she fought off what felt like panic. Don’t worry, they could do this. Hopefully, they would find someone soon whom could assist them in this place. First things first, she watched the other group members fall into their groups See started to spread the sticks out in two parallel lines about the length of Kodiak. “Don’t talk too much about food, I could go really go for something hearty and hot right now.’

Next, she pulled off her cardigan and inverted the sleeves so she could thread the garment through the sticks to create a sort of carrier. It only wants partially down. She stood and turned to the group, an imploring look. “Does anyone have a jacket I could borrow for Kodiak’s stretcher? I promise you’ll get it back and it won’t be torn.” She flicked her head to the trees, fingering the vines and ivy, tearing a few off encase a jacket could not be found to help bind the stretcher.

@P.N.See @Fennis Ursai

Edited by Abigail666

On 4/23/2018 at 6:26 PM, P.N.See said:

A dozen comments flashed through Ellie's mind, some apologetic, some icy, most hot. But by the time she'd selected the perfect one, the moment had passed. 

Instead, she puffed on her cigarette with a muttered "Whatever."

You killed it

I couldn't know! She never dies!

You killed it

It was killing Kodi! Look at him!

Killed it

Killed it

Killed

ENOUGH!

Ellie shook her head and field stripped her smoke, crushing the cherry with her heel and pocketing the butt.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:18 PM, Abigail666 said:

Abigail stood and turned to the group, an imploring look. “Does anyone have a jacket I could borrow for Kodiak’s stretcher

"You can use my hoodie, if that'll work," she gestured to the pile of stuff she'd brought over. "I sure won't be wearing it,  I'm already sweating."

She stood up straight and took a deep breath. "Alright, I'm off. Team AA, moving out."

But which way?

She stood there looking around for a second, then she shrugged and started off in the direction that felt the most "downhill", not that she could really tell. She'd volunteered to lead, so she needed to lead.

Just a few steps into the brush, she stumbled onto a game trail going roughly in the same direction she was. Ellie reached up and broke a small branch, more or less at her eye level, and left it hanging by a strip of bark. Her path marked, she headed into the woods, really hoping that the people who said they were coming along were actually behind her.

It was slightly flattering having people look after him, it was nice to see they cared..but then again he did just go toe to toe with a pack of wolves and a Dryad. Some blood came up from the internal bleeding, he spat it out and away from the gal who was going to be taking care of him. "..Careless.." He hissed to word out. He was careless, that was his mistake in this exchange. Kodiak beat himself up over it. He didn't know what this thing was capable of and he let her get close enough to cause fatal damage. What would have happened if no one would have shown up, what would have happened if...

'Enough..I got lucky, sit it to the side and learn from our mistake.' Now was not the time to psychoanalyze everything that just happened. He was in pain, not completely unbearable but his adrenaline would ware off soon enough and it would start to be. This sucked, he was idle, dying slowly, waiting for someone else to find aid. Best he could do was wait and chat. He wanted to say something to Ellie but she already took off.

"Well..this is fun.."

On 4/27/2018 at 6:18 PM, Abigail666 said:

“Don’t talk too much about food, I could go really go for something hearty and hot right now.’

"It's a shame the wolf got away...*cough*..uhh...could have cooked up..some meat..when we got a fire started..and something like a stone to cook...with...those berries...would have went well...on the side.." Kodiak chuckled, "I'm a bit...of a jack...I know how to...cook...I..should probably...uhh..shut up...for a bit." He made a noise that sounded like a strained laugh. This could be worse...he could have lost arm..he could be out here by himself..hell he could be dying of thirst. Best he could do now was try not to be a pain in the ass.

The sun was high up in the sky, from the best guess it was close to midday. There would be plenty of sunlight in the forest floor to help everyone's sight when searching around. There was a steady breeze blowing as well, coming in from west. It played off the leaves to make a nice tone for traveling. There were a few birds still int he area, which was a surprise after all the shouting and yelling that would have scared most birds away. The forest seemed to be settling after the loud fighting. 

Abigail smiled gratefully at Ellie and scampered forward to retrieve the jacket, adding it and completing the stretcher in a matter of moments as she watched the adventure team snake off into the forest. She gave them a little wave and then set to the task of moving Kodiak onto their makeshift and very DIY stretcher without coughing up all his organs.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:16 AM, Fennis Ursai said:

"It's a shame the wolf got away...*cough*..uhh...could have cooked up..some meat..when we got a fire started..and something like a stone to cook...with...those berries...would have went well...on the side.." Kodiak chuckled, "I'm a bit...of a jack...I know how to...cook...I..should probably...uhh..shut up...for a bit."

She sniggered and started to pull the equipment towards him till it lay landscape beside him. “Would be been delicious, certainly something I would have ordered in a restaurant.” Hmm, roasted meat. That did sound delicious. Her mouth watered at the thought and imagery. 

No, focus, food after. She set to studying Kodiak, the gears turning in her head. Suffice to say, Kodiak had a good few inches on her in height. Definitely more muscle mass. Pondering, she started to tap her foot as to the best way to move onto him without too much pain. “If I pull your shoulders, could you climb, roll or do a nice little shuffle onto the stretcher? I should be able to get you back to the camp then without too much trouble.

If only she were bigger, taller and stronger she could just throw him over her shoulder like a fireman. Wouldn’t that be an amusing sight? She giggled at the thought, unaware of her body growing a few inches as she walked round to help Kodiak move if he complied.

@Fennis Ursai

There was the creeping thought of just forcing the moment himself. Stubbornness, however, would lead to death. Kodi knew it well enough to not force his body to move onto the stretcher without help. At this point the internal damage was to the area around his rib cage meaning his lungs, stomach, heart could have all taken damage. 

"Yeah. I can do the full movement but it's best I not." The taste of blood in his mouth made him want to move even more, he swallowed it back down, content with that for now. His arms moved back so he could be helped onto the stretcher. "I hate..to admit it..but I never..think I got your name." Names, it was important enough to him because a name was a memory, a name was someone's life blood. If one of them fell, if one of them rises, he wanted to know their name. It was the least he could do to remember their names now that they saved him from what he was sure was certain death. 

The adrenaline was wearing off, all the pain was creeping in like a bad ex-lover that knows how to cut deep. His body tensed up from the initial shock of the first few moments of the pain. His breathing heightened only for a few moments before lowering back down. "Fun..the pain..is setting.." This would be the point where small talk would turn to short responses, quick sentences. Things weren't as bad as they could be, but they were damn sure not great. He would live through this for now and be back on his feet, ready to go rounds again. Hid body only focused on recovery for now. His wounds were slowly starting the process of healing.

Hurttoto ahead of the group traveling  amongst the forest searching for paths and possibly civilization.

Within moments searching Hurttoto found a familiar looking plant that was stiff and had short thorns along the sides of its hardened leafs 

"Hey there be Aloe here, we can use it to heal or at least help heal our friend's wounds" he said as he teared a hardened leaf from the plant. Thats when he noticed a bush moving suddenly.....

....a lucky day indeed....its a bear

But Not just any bear....it was a crazed hyper pale bear...

"Oh no" as he prepared for battle

On 5/9/2018 at 12:37 PM, Hurttoto said:

Hey there be Aloe here, we can use it to heal or at least help heal our friend's wounds" he said as he teared a hardened leaf from the plant.

Ellie was zoned out, lost in her thoughts, when Zappy made a perfectly impossible, absurd statement on a subject Ellie actually knew something about: gardening.

"Wait what?" She did a double-take. "Don't touch that, no way in hell that's wild aloe! Aloe likes super bright, super hot, super dry desert stuff, not shady wet temperate forest stuff. It takes like hardiness zone 9 or 10 or something! Complete opposite of where we are now! Plus, it only kind-of heals sunburn, not coughing up blood!"

Of course, her certainty was shaken when a white bear stomped out of the brush. Polar bears and aloe in a deciduous forest. Awesome. No rules apply.

She ran through her bear knowledge in her mind. Brown bear: wants you to go away. Back off slowly or play dead. Black bear: wants to eat you. Yell and fight. Crazy distempered albino magic bear: ???

She froze. She had no ideas. 

Finally, after a moment, she spoke. "Uh... Hello, Mr Bear? Are you a talking magic albino distempered bear? Please be a talking magic albino distempered bear..."

Edited by Raspberry LA

It had been settled: Sho'Horo would join Ellie in her searchings while the other would take care of Kodiak. There were the reasons that were backing up his decision. First, she was the most active group member besides Kodi, the perk that coincides with Nick's passion toward initiative women. Second, even though it was difficult to explain, Sho'Horo felt some sort of connection between them. No, it wasn't about human relationship and stuff, it was more of... a spiritual affinity, wasn't it?

And just before they were about to depart, Ellie took her time to educate Hurttoto about herbs he just picked up. Quite intelligent one, Nick would assume. She might be a year or two older than him, but that doesn't mean they couldn't get acquainted with each other.

And just so happened that such an idyllic moment of party bonding had been ruined by one thing. One white-furred thousand pound thing. A bear thing.

It was hard to decide which one was the most bizarre and terrifying thing: to meet a giant polar bear in the middle of a green forest or to watch your companion try to communicate with it.

"Ellie..." - Sho'Horo spoke nervously. - "I don't think Mr. Bear would like to talk to us. At all."

Come to think of it, why should it, Nick thought to himself. They had appeared out of nowhere, they had upset the balance by murdering a dryad... No wonder the entire forest would want them dead. Still, it was suicide to attempt negotiating with potentially hungry bear. The obvious solution would be either to climb onto the nearest tree.

...That is, if they were in the real world.

As Sho'Horo had realized before, all the members were possessing extraordinary powers, so it would be safe to assume he had the power as well. Just laying dormant, waiting to burst out in the most critical moment...

"Back me up, guys!" - He exclaimed, addressing his words to Ellie and Hurttoto. - "Gotta try something..."

He closed his eyes, inhaled deeply and concentrated his mind onto his hands. With palms open wide, he moved away his arms and exerted the muscles as if he was gathering up the energy for the frontal blast. Then with a rapid "...h-h-haaa!" he thrust his hands forward, palms stretching towards the bear, and...

Nothing.

Literally nothing.

Nothing came from Sho'Horo's fingertips. No lightning bolts, no fireballs, no steam, no acid. No cues on any special power.

By performing his "power move" Sho'Horo had just dragged the bear's attention toward himself. Now the beast was measuring up the new prey that happened to be more meaty and wiggly than the previous one.

Oh, how stupid he was, Nick thought in terror. And now he would be stupid and dead.

"Well, fuck." - He mumbled out his possibly famous last words.

@Raspberry LA@Hurttoto

On 5/7/2018 at 8:21 PM, Fennis Ursai said:

"Yeah. I can do the full movement but it's best I not."

Abigail followed this statement with an enthusiastic nod, her head bobbing rapidly as she crouched and hooked her forearms around his shoulders to grasp tightly. When she was secure, she would start to slowly but with great determination pull him onto the rickety stretcher of jackets and all manner of garments. When he was comfortable, she would lean across him, muttering apologising and wrap a few vines over his legs to prevent him rolling away in movement.

If Kodiak fell off, it was unlikely that it further his healing and cause the issue of having to be returned to the stretcher. A most undesirous event. She was sweating slightly, flushed with the expression when she straightened to return to the front of the stretcher to begin moving. Abigail was not a natural at weightlifting.

She hoped the movement would not be too jarring on his body, as she retrieves the handles at the front and lifted it gradually, the stretcher would rise at an angle, allowing them to move with relative ease across the floor with only one person to carry it. Goodness though, it was quite heavy, she gritted her teeth, feeling the wood bite into her skin as she endeavoured to take small steps back to camp.

When she had gotten a pace going, she endeavoured to answer his earlier question, letting out a small laugh between harsh breathes of execration. “No need to worry, its Abigail, a pleasure to meet you.” She continued to chatter between breaths and the manvouring around a sloping area. Abigail commented on everything from the trees above to the shoes on her feet, not needing a reply but happy to talk to Kodiak even if he could not give long responses to deep wisdom.

She feared that if Kodiak went to sleep, he might never wake up again, thus she would speak all the way back to camp and longer to keep him from falling into the eternal sleep. With every few steps, the path became easier as her body gained a few inches to compensate the weight she dragged behind him. She did not fully grasp the situation but was aware something was going on. A helping hand. “So, how did you end up here?” She puffed, pausing briefly and setting Kodiak down to fan herself to restore some energy. If they had some time, they could try to unjumble the puzzle they were in. 

@Fennis Ursai

Edited by Abigail666