jaistlyn

[Interest Gauge] Paladins of Yh’mi

Consider this a preliminary interest gauge - I’ve been toying with the idea of recruiting a couple of players to join the Order of the White Hand in Yh’mi. 

I hope to give the Order more personality.. there’s two ways I’m thinking that might work, one is having one or two people to play any of the paladins from thread to thread as NPCs, in a storyteller role, or having one or two players actually creating their own PC paladins (but these paladins ‘belong’ to Yh’mi, i.e. they wouldn’t travel out of Yh’mi unless it’s part of their duty.)

As the paladins are familiar with Yh’mi, players will be expected to familiarize themselves with the lore of Yh’mi, and because of that, will naturally play storyteller-like roles in threads. We can also plot things like what kind of code the paladins live by, what kinds of things they take care of on a day-to-day basis, and think up of quests in Inns’th etc. 

It’s a pretty long-term commitment (not just one or two threads - we’re basically collaborating on lore for the environment), so I’ll have to screen anyone who may be interested! Criteria are activity, interest in Yh’mi, ideas and how well we work together - by spending some time together to plot a few stuff (this last point is subjective, I know, but we all want a pleasant collaboration right? Haha.)

I’m not 100% certain if I’ll go through with this yet, but if someone can get me excited about it, I likely will! :P

@Grubbistch @Impulse After reading, let me know if this still interests you! Since you guys are pretty new in Val (by number of posts), I might require you to play and complete a short Yh'mi quest first, since reading on the lore is different from wielding it in a thread ;)

Edited by jaistlyn

I'm still reading through the lore as I have the chance, but I'm still interested. I've been wanting to make a paladin and this seems like the best chance as well.

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I'll leave this up for a couple of days to see what the overall interest is like, and I'll let you know how to proceed. Feel free to ask me any questions/suggestions! Many things are up in the air for now, questions may help to solidify my direction as well, haha

1 minute ago, Grubbistch said:

Would it be all right if my character was a half orc? I think that could make things pretty interesting.

Sure! They are Gaianists, and you can read up on Gaianisim in this short article -