I am the almighty Butter Ball Biscuit. I have come to conquer all the butter biscuits and make them into a ball. 

On a more serious side. Where does one start? I've roleplayed before but where would I go to create a character and then start as a mere plebian?

As for the butter biscuits. They're mine. Can't have, don't ask.

10 minutes ago, ButterBallBiscuits said:

I am the almighty Butter Ball Biscuit. I have come to conquer all the butter biscuits and make them into a ball. 

On a more serious side. Where does one start? I've roleplayed before but where would I go to create a character and then start as a mere plebian?

As for the butter biscuits. They're mine. Can't have, don't ask.

I think you should take a peek at our Get Started FAQ, until we work out a better system to onboard new members: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/general/get-started-faq/

The "what if I'm a total newbie" question is a useful one for you even though you aren't a total newbie because it talkes about the tavern of legend, which is a great first stop for new members to Valucre regardless of their prior RP experience

I also suggest the "Do I have to read all of the lore" question and suggest taking the "roleplay based approach" as the method to diving into the greater world of Valucre. 

Character sheets are optional, but if you feel like posting one it would go in the Profile Database - when you want to start, as a plebian or otherwise, you can do so in any kingdom or country on Valucre: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/world/valucre-overview/

The bottom half has a bit about each of the different areas

If you have any questions feel free to send me a message. Welcome to Valucre!

Welcome. Glad to see another writer join the forum. Do not worry about the biscuits, you can have all of mine.

For where to begin I think this link should help you in that regard.

Generally character sheets are not mandatory for most parts of the forum, though there is a sub board by the name of Character Profiles I believe underneath the Water Cooler head board in the General section. Those new to role playing in general go to the Tavern of Legends to experience a light version of the activity while others more experienced like yourself may want to start by either creating a character sheet or looking around the Water Cooler board for people searching for writers to join in on their stories. 

If you have any other questions I would highly recommend asking the staff (those marked as Administrators such as supernal, Desolate or the mods such as Paroxysm and Praetorian) as they are a friendly group who are welcoming of any writers wishing to join in this community. Once again I welcome you to this forum and hope that we have a chance to write together sometime soon.

Uhhhhhhhh. I have no clue yet. I was thinking of a more otherworld roleplay only because of I don't know how he'll fit with other characters. Besides I might have to do small groups because I can only post at night for an hour or two. Schedule and everything. 

9 hours ago, supernal said:

I like your thief / pickpocket character! Got any plans for him?

Any tips on how I would go about doing this? Should I start alternative or go right in to valucre? I know how to post a looking for thing but would it be easier to do alternative or jump in and learn about valucre?

4 minutes ago, ButterBallBiscuits said:

Uhhhhhhhh. I have no clue yet. I was thinking of a more otherworld roleplay only because of I don't know how he'll fit with other characters. Besides I might have to do small groups because I can only post at night for an hour or two. Schedule and everything. 

Any tips on how I would go about doing this? Should I start alternative or go right in to valucre? I know how to post a looking for thing but would it be easier to do alternative or jump in and learn about valucre?

I think not having to coordinate around real time availability is one of my favorite things about forum roleplay. Hopefully you get the same feeling in a little while 

As to your question. It's easier to go alternative because that's a completely blank slate but I think you'll find it more rewarding and engaging to get into the world proper, and easier than you might think. 

Since he's a thief type how do you feel about sailing in on a ship, maybe a pirate ship docking in one of the coastal cities? 

Edited by supernal

I would think he'd benefit more in a big city due to his pickpocketing prowess but a coastal city would work due to the busy workers not paying attention. Is there one in mind you had or should I go find one that seems fit?

18 hours ago, ButterBallBiscuits said:

I would think he'd benefit more in a big city due to his pickpocketing prowess but a coastal city would work due to the busy workers not paying attention. Is there one in mind you had or should I go find one that seems fit?

I think you should find one that appeals most to what it is that you're looking for, but if you wanted some recommendations I'm happy to supply a few:

Casper, Terrenus (1st recommendation cause I manage Terrenus, and also cause Casper is cool!)
Telvarnu, Elendaron
Coastal Grande, Genesaris