DarkHorse

Under The Hot Desert Sun

Khepri's feet traversed the familiar, invisible path that wound through the sand. The giant tusked beast that walked beside her carrying all she needed, except water, she trusted the beast to find water - and it usually did. White and red paint decorated it, marking it as her's, around its neck and tusks hung the bones of small animals she gathered. The clacking sound they made kept away the sand cat's, big ferocious animals that preyed on anything that moved or breathed. Their expert feet easily walked across the sand and around the bones of long dead beasts that didn't survive the harsh heat during the day and the cold at night. 

After 5 years of exile she could finally return. 5 long years of selling her sword and her talent to make a meager living. That was the custom after all, 5 years in the outside world would at least erase some of her "shame." Now she could return to her temple and resume her rightful place, priestess to the high Sun Goddess. The long days of travel were hard, the heat welcome, but uncomfortable after her time in a milder climate. 

Her trained eyes spotted the tall lookout posts that marked the beginning of the main path to the temple. Typically two priestesses would perch there and keep a lookout for newcomers - good and bad ones. Khepri let out a chirrup sound, a common way for Priestesses to alert the others to their presence. 

Eerie silence met her ears, she tried again and yet still no response.... Something was horribly wrong. 

Khepri clambered her way up the gajah and urged it into a run. Its feet eating up the sand and creating a dust storm behind them. She covered her mouth and nose with her wrap and pulled from the void her sword, prepared for trouble....As she passed the guard posts, she noticed that there were no lookouts, her sisters were not there - even more strange. 

She urged her gajah even faster and the sandstone temple came into view, the wall that protected it looked crumbled and broken in places. 

As she burst through the broken main gate, a cry ripped from her throat. The temple was abandoned - the once carefully tended and lush gardens destroyed. The sounds of song and work were gone. 

She entered into the temple to find it was looted, destroyed, only the outer walls stood and the rest inside was burned. Even more egregious was the smashed remains of Sun Goddesses statue, her ever burning flame snuffed out. Instead - in her place - stood a crude statue of a man. One she knew all too well, the very one that caused her shame. 

With an angered yell and a swing of her sword she removed the head off the crude statue and swore on the Sun Goddess that her temple would be restored. This once peaceful place amidst chaos and war and cruelty. The one oasis built to aid any and all that were faithful to the Sun Goddess. The only place that had the clear cool spring to provide a steady flow of water.  It now lay in ruin, the charred bones of her sister's scattered about. She crouched, picked up the skull of her fallen sister, placed her forehead to it and let out an anguished cry, mourning her loss. 

Khepri would spend the day gathering their bones and properly burying them in the depths of the temple. Next she would restore the Sun Goddesses flame, the oil stores left untouched in their hidden cove. 

As the sun set she wrapped herself in warm furs - a luxury that she obtained from the places she traveled - and she plotted the downfall of the godessless bastard that destroyed her life not once - but twice. 

Out in the distance there was an odd light. Looked like some sort of fire, only it was getting closer. Rapidly, might I add. The sun was setting, but this thing seemed to be going towards the temple, or... What remained of it. 

This light got closer, and eventually a noise could be heard... Was that a horse's neigh? Indeed it was. It grew closer to the temple, and eventually the running footsteps of a horse could be heard. This was no ordinary house, however. This horse seemed to be made of lava and fire. This horse created flaming footprints. This was the dreaded horse that most knew as "Fiery hatred". And its rider? War. The tales of War riding on fiery hatred were meant literally. This was the horseman of war, not that anyone would know by looking at her. Yes. HER. 

The horse rode up to the temple walls and pulled to a halt. It neighed as it stopped. 

"Easy boy... easy... You've been a sturdy ride, Fred. Now, go back from whence you came until the time comes to ride again." 

Scarlett got off the horse, and it disappeared into a ball of flame. 

Scarlett didn't expect anyone else to be there, so her gaurd was lowered. She then walked into the temple ruins to check the destruction.

Edited by Trevor Wisegem
Heheh forgot the horses name.

Audrey moved towards a random direction in the desert. "Huff, huff, huff...," her face was weak and pale from days of travelling without food or water. "I'm so tired...". The hot, blazing sun combined with the uncomfortable sand made her sweat uncontrollably. It made her clothes stick uncomfortably to her already pale skin. The world was spinning around her and it made her feel like she was living her last days. While dragging her heavy feet through the sands, she spotted a distant silhouette, "Is that... A temple?!". Upon realizing this, she picked up the pace and forced herself to sprint towards the temple.

Upon arrivial, she gaped at the scattered rocks around the ruined temple. She saw signs of life, crumbled and shattered to pieces. "What happened here?". She picked up a disheveled leaf and looked at the temple. "I need to know," she went past the main gate and moved deeper in the temple. While exploring the ruins, she found a beautiful, redheaded woman in the temple. "She's beautiful... but is she friendly? I need to find out.". She exposed herself and greeted the woman, "Hello there eh... Miss Fiery? Do you have some water? Because I really need some right now..."

Edited by JackDoggo
Grammar ;)

4 hours ago, JackDoggo said:

"Hello there eh... Miss Fiery? Do you have some water? Because I really need some right now..."

Being caught off gaurd, Scarlett turned swiftly towards the stranger with a fireball in her hand. Her eyes glowed with fire and her hair went up and waved like fire. She then saw how hopelessly pathetic (her words not mine. 😊) This form of life was. She then went back to normal, her hair going down and the fire in her hand disappeared. 

"Really? You think someone, WHO IS THE EPITOME OF FIRE, would have water?" 

Judging from this... Wasn't that friendly, but then a black cat jumped onto her shoulder, carrying a large water canteen. Scarlett looked over to the cat. She let out a sigh.

"As you wish Philip. Give her the water. "

The cat jumped off Scarlett's shoulder and walked over to the dehydrated woman. It gave her the large canteen as then rubbed against her legs. Philip seemed to like this stranger.

"Now what's a mortal like you doing in a ruin like this?"

25 minutes ago, Trevor Wisegem said:

Being caught off gaurd, Scarlett turned swiftly towards the stranger with a fireball in her hand. Her eyes glowed with fire and her hair went up and waved like fire. She then saw how hopelessly pathetic (her words not mine. 😊) This form of life was. She then went back to normal, her hair going down and the fire in her hand disappeared. 

"Really? You think someone, WHO IS THE EPITOME OF FIRE, would have water?" 

Audrey gasped and jumped back when she watched the beautiful woman's features go up like burning, hot fire. At that moment, she realised how powerless she was in front of this cruel being. This thought sent chills down her spine, making her shiver like crazy. But then, the woman's features went back to normal and her fireball dissipating as if nothing happened. She couldn't find the courage to talk back.

40 minutes ago, Trevor Wisegem said:

Judging from this... Wasn't that friendly, but then a black cat jumped onto her shoulder, carrying a large water canteen. Scarlett looked over to the cat. She let out a sigh.

"As you wish Philip. Give her the water. "

The cat jumped off Scarlett's shoulder and walked over to the dehydrated woman. It gave her the large canteen as then rubbed against her legs. Philip seemed to like this stranger.

"Now what's a mortal like you doing in a ruin like this?"

Upon seeing the black cat, Audrey relaxed and tried making sense of the situation. 'This woman transformed into a scary-looking, fire being... And turned back to normal a second later... Don't tell me... Am I dreaming? Am I actually gonna die? Please no! I'm too young to die!'.

As she panicked uncontrollably, the black cat rubbed against her legs, effectively stopping her panic attack. 'Woah... Is this her cat? I like cats! Maybe she's a nice woman... Maybe she won't kill me after all...Well, there's only one way to find out.' She slapped herself a couple of times for good measure, focusing her attention on the woman and the canteen filled with precious water.

"I uhh... came here for adventure..." she whispered with a quiet, hushed tone. She took the large canteen from the cat and stroked its fur as thanks. She swallowed a mouthful in one big gulp, energizing her body with the precious fluid, before facing the red-haired woman, "Thank you for the water umm... Miss..?"

20 minutes ago, JackDoggo said:

"I uhh... came here for adventure..." she whispered with a quiet, hushed tone. She took the large canteen from the cat and stroked its fur as thanks. She swallowed a mouthful in one big gulp, energizing her body with the precious fluid, before facing the red-haired woman, "Thank you for the water umm... Miss..?"

Scarlett folded her arms.

"Speak up, girl. Mumbling will get you no where in life."

Philip hopped onto Audrey's shoulder, almost protecting her from Scarlett. It made a mew and licked the stranger's cheek. This odd cat seemed to like her. 

Scarlett sighed. "Name's Scarlett. Since Philip is making very good points on how you're just lost and weak, I suppose I will be as nice as I can to you. What's your name?"

Days earlier!!!!*~

Ahab has been going far and wide through the desert. Combing it for Things, places People! The sands Hid many things from everyone and he was No exception, but he also Moved the sands to and Fro digging madly, randomly sometimes. He’d grown up in places like this, He’d live in places like this, he’d die in places like this.  He dug deep and got lucky finding water and an old Golden statue. The rest of the dogs weren’t as great. However after many days of pointless combing he found what appeared to be a temple? He came to it and crept up the massive stone stairs. The details were amazing! Why this we something that had to be explored!

~ later~

He would come back with tools and such and went deep into the temple. The male statue seemed so out of place here, it was different to all the other sculpting and materials.  This was odd. However he ignore it and went in deeper.

~ present~

He was asleep in a closet cuddling his tools. The echo of stone clattering to the floor awoke him. He peeked out of the door to an Ornate looking woman. 

“ What are you doing here? Are you from here? if so can you please Enlighten me about this place?”

On 3/26/2018 at 1:15 AM, Trevor Wisegem said:

Philip hopped onto Audrey's shoulder, almost protecting her from Scarlett. It made a mew and licked the stranger's cheek. This odd cat seemed to like her. 

Scarlett sighed. "Name's Scarlett. Since Philip is making very good points on how you're just lost and weak, I suppose I will be as nice as I can to you. What's your name?"

Audrey held the cat like a baby and caressed its fur. "Cats are furry and nice... but Phillip is so adorable!" the cat therapy relaxed Audrey's nerves. She poked Phillip's stomach a couple of times, "You're so adorable!".

The beautiful, fiery woman's introduction jolted her away from her blissful playtime with Phillip. "My name... is Au-Au-Audrey Sword, Ms. Scarlett." she stuttered while holding the black cat. "Don't be scared Audrey... Scarlett's a nice person... She even gave you water! Just relax... Don't be afraid!" she relaxed herself with a few, comforting words.

19 hours ago, ODSTDRAGON said:

He was asleep in a closet cuddling his tools. The echo of stone clattering to the floor awoke him. He peeked out of the door to an Ornate looking woman. 

“ What are you doing here? Are you from here? if so can you please Enlighten me about this place?”

The unexpected voice made Audrey jump backwards instinctively. She couldn't find it in herself to reply. She shook her head, indicating that she didn't want to talk. A few, unexpected encounters are enough to wear down her tired mind.

Khepri heard the hooves before she saw the woman on the fire horse approach, she hid herself behind an intact pillar and watched warily for a moment or two. Another joined her, did they know each other? It didn't appear so by the way they spoke to each other, one of them looked like she was about to wilt - the other, she seemed unphased. Neither of them looked like her sisters - so they must be outsiders. She gleaned enough to know they didn't speak her native tongue, and one was called Scarlett, the other Audrey. Neither seemed to be an immediate threat, nor the key to what happened to her temple - but they both looked like they could be useful. She uncovered her face and stepped from behind the pillar. 

"Sadulur Wilujeng sumping." She gave them the traditional greeting, "Welcome sisters. You may call me Khepri - High Priestess of the -"

She was interrupted by the opening of a closet door - “ What are you doing here? Are you from here? if so can you please Enlighten me about this place?” - The voice of a man reached her ears. She didn't even pause to blink. Her head scarf was around her face and her small hand sword left her hand and flew towards the door, just barely missing the top of his head, likely taking a few hairs off on its journey. The curved blade lodged itself in the charred wood with a thunk. 

She glared at him, noticing he too was an outsider - she distrusted men - but there was no way that Jahi would have let this man live had he come across him - so he was likely not a threat either....at the moment. 

She relaxed, lowered her face covering and walked over to the door, yanking the sword out of it and clipping it back onto her belt. 

"You are in what remains of my temple." She answered in a thick accent, "I am Khepri, High priestess of the panonpoe - ah - Sun Temple. This was once an oasis to all travelers, a place that payed honor to sun and fire and war. The more important question is what are all of you doing here?"

22 minutes ago, DarkHorse said:

"You are in what remains of my temple." She answered in a thick accent, "I am Khepri, High priestess of the panonpoe - ah - Sun Temple. This was once an oasis to all travelers, a place that payed honor to sun and fire and war. The more important question is what are all of you doing here?"

Ahab sucked as soon as the Saw the blade comming! Dodging traps was something you got use to when you lived my Murphy’s law. He looked at the other two on the steps befor eclearing his throat and addressing the high preisstess. “ Well you see I was just wandering the desert combing through the Sands For things, when I find a huge putter wall one day. I come in and investigate and find this place, so now I’m looking and cleaning out the sands and thing to fix his place, and that Satute of that man doesn’t seem like it should be here...” his head was Covered, But Blue Eyes Pierce the Preistess his accent was radically different from her own, but those eyes, They could douse even the fires of war, metaphorically of course Please don’t try at home. 

Dust didn’t know if she needed water or not. Her throat never felt dry, and her body did not give out and die, even though it had been at least seven days since her last drink. Still, she thought of water, and it sounded heavenly. 

Perhaps creatures such as she craved water, but did not die without it. 

She had been following some wavy lines on the horizon for nearly a week now, believing them to be water in the distance. When she realized that she never seemed to get any closer, she decided it must be some sort of trick. Whoever was waving those odd lines around and making her follow them was simply rude. 

Dust gave up following the lines and headed toward a man-made structure that caught her eye. This was a temple. It was funny how some words just came to her, and others did not. She knew what a temple was, but could not recall the name of the little things on the bottom of her legs that she walked on! She had started calling them her “leg-hands”, but it was really bothering her that she could not remember what they were actually called.

Frogs...? She could not remember what a frog was, and she could not remember the name of the things on the bottom of her legs, so perhaps it was a pair of frogs that she walked on. That made sense to her. 

As she approached the temple, walking in her odd shuffling way, she overheard voices. There were several people talking. Dust stayed low, trying to assess the situation. She approached the door stealthily and peeked inside just in time to see a red-haired woman attack a man that was peeking out of a closet. She missed her first attack, but just barely. 

“Yes! Finish him off!” Dust whispered excitedly. But the woman put her weapon away without killing the man. Odd...

She crept in a little closer, trying to get a better look. She was trying to crouch as she moved, but her stupid limp left arm caught under her frog and tripped her! The metal cogs on her knees and elbows clattered against the floor, causing a small, but easily noticeable, ruckus. 

“Me and my cursed clumsy frogs...” She said as she looked up at the people. 

Edited by Radioactive

IVgwmVH.jpg

((Alrims character profile))

Alrim Isben

Each step heavier than the last under blistering heat of the mid-summers sky; Balls of sand rolling down the dunes with every print he left in the sand. It was ironic for a man such as himself to be wandering the dry arid landscape of this desert. He was however looking for something, An oasis he once stopped at a few hundred or... thousand years back. Alrim had made a point of remembering places that were comfortable and had taken care of him in his time of living. He was however terrible with remembering the period in his long life of which he had found these places. 

The memory of it was so vivid in his mind that he could almost hear the wind swaying through the tropical trees; The water rustling through sandstone canals. It seemed unlikely that such a place would be in the desert but Alrim had seen it before and knew for a fact that it existed; Or at least, That it used to.

Although Alrims condition was far from what you would consider living; The sun still beat down on him and made him feel sluggish and tired. His armor, shield, and sword all seemed to be heavier with each step toward what he hoped would be his destination. He need a place to rest his old bones and get whatever rest he could. 

"Why the fuck is it so hot! Even when I had fucking skin; It didn't feel this god damned hot!."

Alrim had lost whatever composure he was keeping; When he wondered through this desert last, The oasis was nearly impossible to miss for miles. Now he only found it impossible to find. It couldn't have dissapeared could it? They loved him when he was there. A great warrior that had lived for a thousand years (At the time) was an esteemed guest at the temple. Nowadays he had to stop people from staring too long. No one really cared about the countless battles won and wars fought in his sun bleached bones. Looks were all that truly reigned over this new world. This is why thecnology had become so popular in the last 500 years; Everything looked so shiny and new, How could people possibly resist such mechanical temptation.

"Maybe it got buried in the sand; With my luck i'm standing on it. Im certainly not going to start digging. Why can't things just go smoothly for once?"

Alrim spun slowly in a circle; Just looking around intently for anything that could give him a new direction of travel. If this godly Oasis had truly met it's end, Then it was probably best for him not to remain in the desert much longer. One good sandstorm and he himself would become an archaelogical find. He could see for miles atop this dune but nothing seemed to really jump out a him. No shifts in the sand, No ruins, no glint of metal in the distance.

"Shit; I'm lost."

Khepri paused and stared at the man incredulously, "You want to - fix?" 

She had a hard time believing him, all men lied, it was a fact. But she couldn't outright accuse him, not in her temple - that was not the way. She reached down and hauled him to his feet. 

"You fix my temple and I will be sure to pay you well - yes?" She said, "The Sun Goddess always rewards the faithful." 

She turned to look back at the two other women, she especially focused on the one that looked to be wilting, her pale skin told a story of being unused to the heat and sun. With the setting of the sun, she would surely freeze as well. The other woman - Scarlett - well she looked just like Khepri's type of tough, she was less worried about her, and - she wasn't sure what it was about her - but she already liked her. 

"You - mojang - eh Audrey -" She had a hard time pronouncing her name, "Sit - I fetch water." 

She was interrupted in her quest by the sound of a thump and metal hitting the stone. 

“Me and my cursed clumsy frogs...”  The strange creature said. 

Khepri looked at her curiously, she wasn't sure what frogs were - or why they were clumsy - nor was she entirely sure what the creature was that stumbled amidst them. But it looked as dry and wilted as Audrey. She had to bite down her impulse to attack - the destruction of her temple putting her on edge. She was priestess first and foremost - her duty was to protect the temple - her second was to help those that came seeking aid and guidance. She couldn't simply strike someone down in her temple simply because she is suspicious. 

"You sit as well - " She pointed to the little creature, "I fetch cai."

Khepri walked back to the oasis - the sparkling fountain of water that somehow never seemed to dry up, even in the driest of times. Her gajah was drinking thirstily. With a tug she loosened the bags that weighed it down and she found a jug and filled it with water. She hefted her bags over one shoulder with strength that was not surprising considering her size, and returned to what was left of the innards of her temple. The  setting sun behind her causing the gold etchings up one arm to fade and the outline of red ones coming into view on her other arm. 

She set the bag down and pulled out several cups, she filled them with water. Next she pulled out some oil, put it in the large fire pit in the center of the temple and lit it using the Goddesses fire. 

She sat cross legged next to the fire and indicated they all join her, "Now you will all sit, drink, and tell me what brings you here and what you know about the destruction of my temple. There is a reward for those of you that want to help restore the light and seek retribution on him that did this. It is not our custom to ask luar - ah outsiders - for help, but my sisters are all dead and I need an army to wage war -" 

Edited by DarkHorse
Turn based posting starts here.

On 3/27/2018 at 6:42 AM, JackDoggo said:

"My name... is Au-Au-Audrey Sword, Ms. Scarlett."

She glared slightly at Audrey. She did however show a same type of love for cats Scarlett had, and it was possible for the two women to be friends... Not that Scarlett would let anyone know. 

"Ms? My first name is Scarlett. My last name is unnecessary, long, and disgusting. Don't ever put 'ms' in my name again."

She gave Audrey a slight smile after this. 

"You almost love Philip as much as I do. And try not to stutter. It makes you look weak."

@DarkHorse

She looked to this stranger. 

"I'm here because one, I knew the goddess; two, I felt the surge of destruction; three..."  She pointed to the statue. "That. As war I understand taking over and conquering, BUT BUILDING A STATUE OF YOURSELF IS DISGUSTING. This man deserves what I plan on doing with him."

@ODSTDRAGON

She watched this man get pinned to the wall. She smiled at the priestess though, she liked women with a bit of fire. When men had that same fire, well they're just dicks. But women, now that's a fun thing to watch.

She glared at this man for a moment. He was scared. Weak. Scarlett thought about firing some fireballs at his feet to scare him more, but she didnt do this.

@Radioactive 

She heard something and instantly turned with fire in her hands, eyes glowing, and hair standing up and waving like flames. She then smelled this... Thing. She went back to being a beautiful, tempered prick. She started walking in circles around this girl. 

"Hmm... You have a distinct smell to you don't you? Reminds me of Famine. Are you one of his... Things? If so why are you here? He starting to send spies after me now? Hmmm.."

@DarkHorse @ODSTDRAGON

FIX?! HE WANTED TO FIX THIS?! AND KHEPRI BELIEVED THIS?! No, she didn't believe this. Her father said he'd "fix" things. Now her wings are nearly crippled. The are perfectly fine, but look severely damaged. When she was young her father tortured her. Claimed it would help her divine powers. The moment she could turn on him, she did. And had she not done this, Philip would still be dead and Trevor Wisegem still trapped. Anyway, as khepri went to get water, she dashed to the man. She knew a part of khepri didnt trust him, but she had to be sure. She glared at him.

"Listen here, boy. Try anything, and well... You're going to have fun trying to see through a melted pair of eyes."

She backed off from him. She knew he was scared, so she waited for khepri to come back. Upon her arrival she watched her. She surely was a priestess of the goddess. The goddess was a good woman, in fact Scarlett owed her her life. Even though Scarlett was a demonic creature, the two were friends at one point. Who knew of the goddess remembered Scarlett. 

Scarlett listened to khepri. She needed an army? FOR WAR?! HAHA! Khepri didnt realize the goldmine she just hit. The two would get along nicely.

"Honey. I AM war."

Edited by Trevor Wisegem
Typos

Being the lone male was annoying especially for a group of such Feminists? Where the hell did this term, no they were just strong willed, he wanted to fix this place return it to a grander beauty.  

“ Why Thank you Bit it’s not nessary, it’s a shame such a wonderful looking place has been so horribly destroyed as such.”  He decided he would turn their opinions on men or at least him by being a good person and working on this. 

He reaches for his satchel, and much to the surprise instead of pulling a weapon it’s simple quill and paper.  “ Ok so What’s the material used for the Blocks? The techniques used to carve them? The location they came from?”

his querrybwas cut off by the angry fire woman, who has been mentally marked of Crazed Nazi bitch. And already just the looks were annoying, he’d kick her ass but it would probably be on Fire she probably had a shit load of magical abilities , Allah knows how many pets, some Kinda powered by the sun thing, probably reincarnated, probably had super endurance, OH GOD IT WAS NAM AGAIN! ( by the way that was Satire please don’t take that Personally he mentally rambles and I’m not trying to be passively agressive, merely how a mortal feels about a powerful person. The fun part would be if these two developed a romantic relation ship XD that would be hilarious sorry for Ooc felt hat was nessesary to clear up)

he shakes his head to clear these thoughts and tried not to punch her when she was in his face ,hollering as he’d acquired from another person on his travels, at him about this. What the hell! He did not appreciate this shit. 

“ Look I just want to restore this place please calm down Mi- I mean everything will be Alright, your all vastly more powerful anything but doing what I’ve come here to do would be a self destructive Suicide act.” He nods before waiting for his questions to be answered.

@Trevor Wisegem @DarkHorse