Valucre
  • Announcements

• Paroxysm

Contact between members and staff   04/20/2018

Valucre.com and Valucre’s official email address (Valucre@gmail.com) are to be considered the only credible contact between members and staff. If you are contacted by someone, or a group of someones, dubiously representing themselves as staff outside of Valucre.com, you should private message @supernal and @desolate. Additionally, if your account is to receive administrative action, or you are the subject of a report, staff will contact you through forum, email, or through the forum's warning system, not off site services such as Discord or Skype.
Trevor Wisegem

Another Relic for the Collection

Ash walked onto the beach of Lo'Bre. He grew bored, and wished there were more kids here in Valucre. He longed to play with a kid again, his imaginary side was acting up. He wanted to help them too. He sighed and kicked a rock. 

"Just feels like there's nothing here for me sometimes..." 

He looked up and his ears shot up. He saw something that didn't looked like it belonged on the beach. It was very out of place. He walked over to see what exactly it was. When he got closer he saw that it was a scythe. A large one too. 

"Well hello there. Where did you come from? You look rather ancient..."

He dusted off a bit of the sand and picked it up, inspecting it more.

There are some unusual feelings that people take for granted on a daily basis. Fogginess, disorientation, itchiness. Zander Sangre was experiencing all of these feelings. His memory was foggy, he seemed surprisingly groggy and his eye itched. The only catch here is that Zander is a living weapon, so all of these things are even more unusual in context. He wasn't sure of where he was, what he was doing last or when he was in time. "Was I unconscious?" he thought to himself. He didn't think that was possible in his current state. He felt surprisingly weak. He didn't have much time to process his situation as something was smacking him where his eye was.

22 minutes ago, Trevor Wisegem said:

"Well hello there. Where did you come from? You look rather ancient..."

Zander squinted as he opened his eye. The sun was bright and he could start to make out the sounds of the ocean and the noises of the seabirds. He could assume he was on a beach, but he was also met with a pair of blue eyes observing him. The smacking was probably just this person rubbing sand off of the blade. Still trying to comprehend what was going on, the scythe tried to put sentences together, "Goddamn...Where am I? Who are you? How long was I out?"

Ash backed away from the blade on shock, not only did it have an eye, but it could talk?! Ash was always told of some crazy stuff, NOTHING like this...

"Y-you're alive? A living weapon?! H-how is that possible...? What's your name? Where did you come from? How old are you? What's your story?" 

He spoke quickly, and was on his knees. He crawled over to this odd thing as he spoke, peering above it.

This inquisitive person had a right to shocked. It's not every day that somebody walks upon a talking scythe. Normally, this would be the point where Zander starts boasting about himself. How he's this super-powerful weapon that with sap the life from his enemies and make that power his own and that you can have that power too. However, right now he was in no condition to flaunt his talents. This person was also asking too many questions and Zander was still putting himself together mentally. "Slow down. Slow the fuck down, please." he started, "Before you ask me anything else, I need you to do me a solid." The Sanguine Edge was a weapon with powers based in blood. If blood was absorbed into the blade, then it would help Zander recover. "Find a seagull or fish or some other beach animal and make it bleed. It doesn't have to be alive, it just needs to be bleeding."

Edited by Animal

9 minutes ago, Trevor Wisegem said:

"What for?" 

"Simple reason, really. I'm thirsty. I feel really weak and I need blood to fuel my abilities." Zander didn't have the energy for discussing the ethics behind his powers or the specifics of his abilities. He just needed energy. "I'll answer any questions you have after that." While the newcomer was rummaging through his pack, the scythe was actually at a decent angle to observe him. This person looked completely out of their element; probably not one to use a scythe like The Sanguine Edge by choice, so if they had something bloody in their bag that would be surprising. "You don't look like the type of guy who would carry what I need in his backpack." 

Edited by Animal

Ash chuckled and smirked. 

"Well it's a good thing I like to be surprising. Come on, where was it... AHA!"

He pulled out an ear of a goblin. This was heavily wrapped, and the wrapping was stained with blood. He removed a bit of the wrapping and let since if the blood drip onto the blade. He wrapped it back up and put it back in his empty looking bag.

"There you are sir...? Would that be the proper term to call you? I mean you're a scythe!"

Just one drop of the blood was a rush to Zander's senses. It had a disgusting taste, but blood was blood at this point. The blood of the ear would begin to flow from it as it was being wrapped, leaving it dry and shriveled. Even the stain on the wrapping would flow into the blade. The scythe's eye widened and its pupil dilated severely. Crimson red runes appeared along the blade of the weapon. Zander's vision tinted red briefly, in a good way that is. He must have had no blood in him for an extended period of time for this type of reaction to occur.

"Not the best tasting, but it'll do."

The runes on the blade began to fade as Zander continued, "Well, I'll be damned. Thanks a million, Blue-Eyes; you came through for me." He spoke as if he had lost no energy. "Now about me. My name is Zander Sangre. I'm the guy inhabiting this beautiful little scythe you see here. It's name is The Sanguine Edge, and what you just saw is only a taste of what it can do."

Edited by Animal

Ash chuckled at how similar Lander's last name and the name of the scythe was. Almost like they were meant to be one. 

"Name's Ash. Ash Lee Wisegem. So uh... What's your story? How long have you been like this? What's this about things you can do? I'm assuming those runes meant something regarding power." 

He sat next to the blade, crossing his legs. His tail swayed a bit. As he spoke. Oh, and this time Ash didn't speak so quickly.

The scythed eyed Ash as he introduced himself. He clearly wasn’t human, the catlike tail gave it away, but Zander could tell that there was something more than that. He also seemed a little too curious for his own good.  "What’s my story? I don’t know if you want to hear my story. It’s long and gruesome and not for the faint of heart.”  Zander clearly had no time on his hands, so he could explain his life’s story to this random person, “But hey, if you have the time and the stomach for it, I won’t judge you.”

“Well when you’ve inhabited a scythe for 149 years the details get a little hazy. The best I can tell you about my ‘origins’ is that I came across the scythe as a man, not an essence. It took my very soul as I began to test its abilities. At first I thought it was a curse, but now it’s more of a blessing than anything else.” As Zander talked, his energy started to stabilize more. He still felt mildly weak due to his blood deficiency. It was starting to show as his speech began to slow. “In terms of what I can do, I’m a blood based weapon. The Sanguine Edge can absorb blood, much like how you saw, and convert it into energy. I can only do so much with it myself; I can move some lightweight things around at will, but about it that’s it. The cool stuff happens when I form a ‘partnership’ with someone.” An idea popped into Zander’s psyche when he said this. If he was in a pact with someone before this, it was clearly severed. There’s nothing wrong with establishing a new one now. “When that happens, the energy the scythe converts go into the user, enhancing physical prowess. Based on what I can recall, the runes say something along the lines of ‘Their Blood be thine own’. Makes sense given what I’m capable of.

Zander proceeded to tell Ash of his previous wielders. Fearless generals, monstrous warlords, silent assassins, raucous vandals, Harbingers of good, bringers of chaos, those of both selfless and selfish hearts alike. It does not matter what the scythe is used for, it just needs to draw blood. Though as he was taking this trip down memory lane, something important came to his attention, “Actually, if you don’t mind doing me another solid, Ash. See, I actually do have a piece of property I need to reclaim. It’s a wooden mannequin, about your height. I stole it from some asshats during an art museum raid long ago. It’s how I get around when nobody’s carrying me. I’m never too far away from it, so it must be on the beach somewhere.”

Edited by Animal

Ash smiled and picked up the scythe. 

"It would be my pleasure, friend." 

He had to admit, this did seem like a cool weapon, and Ash had been wanting to fight something for a while. Though Excalibur was a mighty fine blade, and he could wield it with all its power, it was almost too easy to fight things off. A scythe, especially one this large, seemed like a fun challenge. 

Ash placed the Sanguine Edge in his backpack. The scythe then fell all the way in, or mostly. There was a lot of stuff in this empty looking pack. The blade of the weapon was still out of the backpack, though. Ash figured it would be easier to talk with Zander this way, as well as carrying him. He put the pack on and started walking, looking for this mannequin.

"So how long has it been since you were wielded? You seemed awfully weak."

Ash was a good kid, though he did have his demonic side. He was strong, smart, and very powerful (even if his magic is unstable).

“Friend?” Zander pondered as he was being packed up, “While I’m flattered, don’t you think that was a little bit quick? Regardless, nobody’s wielded me in a while, probably longer than I’m thinking given how fucked up I was. The backpack is a new one though.”

It was a decent walk along the shoreline. Wherever the duo was, it was surprisingly tranquil. Zander still hated the beach, but he wasn’t opposed to the locale on this particular day. His vision was skewed a bit due to the angle that he was placed in the backpack, so he hoped he wouldn’t miss his mannequin. The two eventually stumbled upon a...mass on the beach. It was coated in seaweed and it was hard to determine what it was. “Hold on, Ash.”  Zander said. He was completely unsure of whether or not they found the mannequin, but it wouldn’t hurt to test it. Runes appeared on the scythe’s blade as Zander focused on the object. He was expecting no reaction, but he knew what they found. From an outsider’s perspective, the mass would be moving on its own accord, but this was really the influence of The Sanguine Edge. It contorted upwards jerkily, exposing wooden humanoid limbs. It turned towards Ash as it stood, the sound of water sloshing around within it as it moved. Visually, it was largely featureless aside from three holes on its head resembling eyes and a mouth. The most striking aspects of the mannequin were what it was covered in. Seaweed, barnacles and dried bird droppings coated the strange object, and water leaked out of the spaces in its joints, making it look like a lumbering sea monster. “Fucking hell...Look at this. I must’ve been out for a long time if my mannequin made it all the way over here. It’s filled with water and covered in enough seagull shit to back that up too.” Zander was upset, but he still didn’t have enough energy for a full tirade. Instead, he moved the mannequin closer to the backpack so he could take himself out. As awkward as it seemed, Zander was standing again. The mannequin positioned itself to look like a disheveled person using the scythe as support. Usually it’s an act, but it seemed more real in this scenario.

”Well, it’s a start. Thank you.” It was rare for Zander to hand out earnest ‘thank yous’, but he felt that Ash earned this one, “I’ve talked a lot about myself, but what about you, Blue-Eyes? What’s your story? Also, can I follow you back to civilization when you’re ready? I need to find a way to clean up.”

Edited by Animal

Ash nodded and drug through his hoodie pocket. 

"Of course you can tag along, but hang on. Let's get you cleaned up first." 

He pulled out a scroll, looked at the mannequin, and read the scroll aloud. There was a bright light, but after it passed the mannequin was as good as new. 

"I uh don't actually know where civilization is to be honest... As for my story? There isn't much to tell. I'm 16 years old, I like kids, trained by a warrior... Uhhhh... I'm a traveler, mostly"

Edited by Trevor Wisegem

Ash’s Spell was surprisingly effective. The mannequin wasn’t just clean, it looked as if it were just made. It was unusual how much stuff this random guy had on his person.

7 hours ago, Trevor Wisegem said:

"I uh don't actually know where civilization is to be honest... As for my story? There isn't much to tell. I'm 16 years old, I like kids, trained by a warrior... Uhhhh... I'm a traveler, mostly"

That response did not bode well to Zander. His only proper course of action in this scenario was to find more people. Now he was stuck with this kid who also had no real idea of where they were. “Well, don’t you have a home that you return to? Better yet, do you have any particular destination in mind? You’ve obviously picked up a ton of trinkets on your travels, so I bet you have something on your radar.”

Ash shrugged.

"My home is not in this realm. These 'trinkets' aren't just things I've collected. Each one has its purpose. As to why I'm here...Wellllll I was kinda hoping to find a monster to kill. I've got a lot aggression I need to take out. Hey, maybe you could come along. Perhaps I can help you fill your thirst! Unless... You've got a better idea."

He smiled. He knew the answer. Who else would help him get the blood he needed? The mannequin? ... Don't answer that. 

He folded his arms, his tail swaying. He might know just the place to go. If he remembered correctly there was a crap ton of goblins he still needed to take care of.

Edited by Trevor Wisegem

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.