Trevor Wisegem

Another Relic for the Collection

Ash sighed at his first response. 

"What? No! The species gain nothing from the kid! They're only objective is to help the kid! ... God..."

He sighed

"Hmm... Yes there is a cave full of goblins that some something from me. So, would you like to help me retrieve Athena's Shield?"

3 hours ago, Trevor Wisegem said:

"What? No! The species gain nothing from the kid! They're only objective is to help the kid! ... God..."

"Now that's just underwhelming." Zander rolled his eye as he spoke, "I thought that there would be something deeper at play, like a parasitic interaction or a symbiotic relationship." It seemed like The Sanguine Edge still had some homework to do. No organism is that simple, nor is any organism that benevolent. There was still a lack of belief for Ash's story, but Zander would just drop it there until he found some resource on it or something. Discussing the physiology of an imaginary friend delayed the scythe's need for blood. Thankfully, Ash had a destination, and a goal, in mind.

3 hours ago, Trevor Wisegem said:

"Hmm... Yes there is a cave full of goblins that some something from me. So, would you like to help me retrieve Athena's Shield?"

The scythe's eye lit up at this, "I'd like to help you kill some goddamn goblins!" His mannequin moved to grab the scythe as he talked. Goblins weren't the tastiest creatures, nor was a shield, of all the things, the most desirable item for Zander. However, he hoped that Ash would give him some good swings at fleshy necks. The Sanguine Edge was going back on the hunt, "I can carry myself until we get there. It helps you store your strength and I get to practice walking again."

Ash seemed disappointed that Zander shrugged off the concept if then retrieving a shield from a goddess. A famous relic, too. He did also manage to lose his primary weapon, but ah well.

"You know, it's a good thing I found you. I also managed to lose my sword, Excalibur..."

He looked down and spoke to himself.

"Neketa would kill me if she found out..."

Anyway, shall we get a move on?"

On 4/2/2018 at 1:55 AM, Trevor Wisegem said:

"You know, it's a good thing I found you. I also managed to lose my sword, Excalibur..."

"You lost both your sword and shield to some goblins of all things; with a backpack as large as yours?" Zander began walking, rather he was walking via his mannequin, as he spoke, not really taking Ash's primary concern into consideration, "Sounds like you still have things to learn." The Sanguine Edge has been in the possession of many an individual. Their range of expertise varied, but not by a lot. His new companion did say he was training under someone, so he probably wasn't too bad with weapons. This little predicament he got himself in judge lessened Zander's hope, though. He didn't think too deep into it, however. The pact would increase Ash's strength in due, by extension increasing his overall skill. In due time, Excalibur would be sitting somewhere collecting dust, with The Sanguine Edge being its primary replacement.

On 4/2/2018 at 1:55 AM, Trevor Wisegem said:

"Anyway, shall we get a move on?"

Zander turned back to look at the young man/fae/demon/imaginary thing he'd bonded with. It was approaching a time to kill and he didn't want to delay it any longer. His response was simple,

"Gladly."

Ash glared for a moment. How dare he dishonor his ability of fighting! 

"For you're information, there was a massive horde of them and I was overrun. Look, don't underestimate my abilities."

He looked at the scythe. "I'm curious. If you have a mannequin that can do what you want it to, why not have it fight for you? Wield yourself and take the blood to yourself. I mean, why not take all the power for yourself? I'm only asking."

He started walking ahead of the mannequin, leading the way. 

On 4/4/2018 at 12:08 PM, Trevor Wisegem said:

"For you're information, there was a massive horde of them and I was overrun. Look, don't underestimate my abilities."

He looked at the scythe. "I'm curious. If you have a mannequin that can do what you want it to, why not have it fight for you? Wield yourself and take the blood to yourself. I mean, why not take all the power for yourself? I'm only asking."

Zander nearly messed up his reply to Ash's question. He's thought about how he could harness as much blood as he wanted; "wielding himself" as the kid put it. Still, what's the point of having the ability to make a pact and not use it? What's the point of being able to corrupt a person's mind and not do so? Not to mention, his ability to move around independently was limited without a consistent supply of blood to allow him to control his mannequin. In the end, it's just the smarter idea to let someone else use the power of liquid gold. He still gets the blood he needs regardless of who's using him. Plus, variety is the spice of life; the more vessels used him, the larger the diversity of foolish mortals to kill. Every victim is a new flavor and every death is a joyous occasion. The Sanguine Edge relished in these thoughts, but decided to wrap it up in one sentence,

"Because sharing is caring, kid."

Ash looked at Zander. "Mkay, that's bullshit and you know it. In any case, the cave is just around the corner. Don't worry, after we get my stuff back, we'll slay some things that will maybe taste better. I don't really know what tastes the best for you. Human? Probably... But no. We are going to be playing monsters."

Ash gave a smile. He had a great plan. He knew exactly where a pack of giant blood wraiths lived. 

1 minute ago, Trevor Wisegem said:

Ash looked at Zander. "Mkay, that's bullshit and you know it. In any case, the cave is just around the corner. Don't worry, after we get my stuff back, we'll slay some things that will maybe taste better. I don't really know what tastes the best for you. Human? Probably... But no. We are going to be slaying monsters."

"Hey! Don't assume that I'm lying, or my blood preferences! I happen to be well-versed in the art of fine dining." Zanthder has tasted a lot of blood in his over time, to the point where he does rank his blood types. Human blood was always basic, but reliable, a palette cleanser before a real meal; almost like bread. It was the unnatural and supernatural that caught his interest the most. Even so, the organism has to be alive; the undead are the absolutely disgusting. Thankfully, it didn't seem like anything deceased was on the menu today.

As the two approached the cave, The Sanguine Edge leaned out towards its entrance. There was no visible light within it, nor was there any audible sounds. It seemed to swallow the sunlight around it and coat it in darkness. The entrance seemed large enough for a large group of anything to fit in, not just goblins. Hopefully, something larger was in there too; something actually worth fighting over. Zander could shift his eye through the blade to other side of the scythe facing Ash. "I mean, it is a cave." he said sarcastically as he looked at his vessel, "I assume this is the place."

Bats flew out.

"Indeed it is. There are hundreds in there. Hope you are prepared for battle."

He started walking into the cave. As soon as he reached a dark part, his arms had lightning sparks coming off it, creating a bit of light.

On 4/11/2018 at 9:53 PM, Trevor Wisegem said:

"Indeed it is. There are hundreds in there. Hope you are prepared for battle."

"Prepared!? Don't you know who you're talking to!?" Zander said with confidence. He was being more cocky than anything as he used his mannequin to shift his position. He swung himself upward towards the horde of bats above their heads, attempting to strike one down mid-flight. Unfortunately, his attempt came up fruitless as the swarm flew beyond them. The Sanguine Edge looked back at Ash, mildly humbled. He had very few external emotional expressions, so his feeling of embarrassment was not visual. Naturally, Zander diverted the awkwardness away from himself, "Ahem, let's go in kid."

The cave was just as dark as Zander expected, if not darker. Thankfully, Ash could use some type of magic to light the way...barely. It only lit up around a few feet in front of them. This cave felt very empty; not only due to the darkness. For a while, the only sounds The Sanguine Edge could register were the movements of his mannequin and his vessel's footsteps. It almost seemed like this was also a fruitless endeavor, that is until Zander could hear a new noise. It was faint, but he could make out the sounds of movement. It seemed like shuffling, but it was movement nonetheless. The scythe's eye beamed with excitement as he could probably guess what the two had found. Due to Zander's ability to 'choose' who he talks to at any given time, he never has to whisper. Ash was about to learn this the hard way as Zander was elated at this discovery, "You hear that?" Zander started, "I think we just hit the motherfuckin' jackpot, Ash! That sound, that shuffling over there, is the sound of prey in its natural habitat!"

The lightning around Ash's arms dimmed until it was pitch black. He grabbed the scythe from the mannequin. He didn't hold it in an attack ready pose. He held more like he was leaning against it. It the dark his cat ears twitches to different sounds. He stayed motionless and concentrated. 

Ash managed to not be stubborn enough to learn at least one thing from his dad, telepathy. Zander still had a consciousness, so he heard Ash's voice in his mind. Ash however did not speak out loud.

"They're around. Not all of them, but a good portion. This cave is larger than I thought.. There has to be an entire civilization in these tunnels. Now where's my stuff..."

Ash's ears twitches more.

"The center. Ha. The king thinks he knows what he's doing with those things. They're too big for him for one, and two he's awfully fat." 

Ash didn't move. He kept his stance and waited.