supernal

Outreach Team AMA

As most members of Valucre will attest, the community in general is very helpful, and in addition to that we have a lot of very useful and informative guides. That said, sometimes it's a faster and higher quality experience to be able to get a person to speak to rather than reading a guide, and more useful knowing that the person is doing more than taking their best guest

We had the outreach team for a while there, got rid of it in favor of pushing the community aspect which I think has gone pretty well, and are bringing it back because it's still pretty useful to have. Right now we're trying something new with the outreach staff model so bear with us as things change but, all that said, the purpose of this thread is to serve as a public interface between the outreach team and the rest of the community to take some of the guesswork and floundering out of getting the information you're looking for

I'm also listing the team members out individually in case you'd rather PM your question

Team: jaistlynsupernal, Ataraxy

Questions

Edited by supernal

So what does this mean for the future of the forum now that all these boards are being converted into tags? Do you feel this will encourage more collaboration between others if people don't feel like they are in their own little sand box by removing said boards?

1 hour ago, Grubbistch said:

So what does this mean for the future of the forum now that all these boards are being converted into tags? Do you feel this will encourage more collaboration between others if people don't feel like they are in their own little sand box by removing said boards?

Since this is a Terrenus specific question and not a question about Valucre as a whole, mind asking it in the Terrenus AMA?

Edit - question answered here for the curious

Edited by supernal

Is there a thread or something for creating/registering/joining official (canon) groups and organizations? I feel like I saw something like that, but I’m not sure where or when... Or is that just something members do on their own and submit stuff for canonization just like quests...?

6 minutes ago, Radioactive said:
Is there a thread or something for creating/registering/joining official (canon) groups and organizations? I feel like I saw something like that, but I’m not sure where or when... Or is that just something members do on their own and submit stuff for canonization just like quests...?

The short answer: Basically the 2nd thing you said

The long answer: For creating or registering an organization, you can fill out this template or come up with your own: 

Like character sheets these are not reviewed and hence do not require approval. What makes the organization canon is the canon activity that the organization commits to. So making the org requires just making a sheet - but getting canon activities under them require, well, creating and completing canon threads for them!

As for joining, that would depend on the criteria of the organization itself but I'd suggest PMing whoever the leader is to start

Fucking sweet.

What's the easiest way to search without any search terms? Often, I want to search if a particular user has made a post in a particular section of the forums (e.g. Profile Database), without searching any specific word, and common words such as 'the' are automatically excluded from the search.

Some time ago, I 'ignored' (is that the wor) a number of specific users' signatures, then set my settings to not view Signatures at all. Now, I've gone to my settings to set View Signatures back to On. Do I see the specific users' signatures that I have 'ignored'? If I want to see those signatures again, how do I do that?

Is there a way to see someone's signature in a place other than their individual posts, such as their profile? Is it possible to disable images in signatures, or on the forums in general?

4 hours ago, HotPizza said:

What's the easiest way to search without any search terms? Often, I want to search if a particular user has made a post in a particular section of the forums (e.g. Profile Database), without searching any specific word, and common words such as 'the' are automatically excluded from the search.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can. However, you can go to a person's profile, click on the button that says "See their activity", and then select "Topic" on the left hand side to see all the threads started by that person. It's not filtered by forum section though.

Some time ago, I 'ignored' (is that the wor) a number of specific users' signatures, then set my settings to not view Signatures at all. Now, I've gone to my settings to set View Signatures back to On. Do I see the specific users' signatures that I have 'ignored'? If I want to see those signatures again, how do I do that?

You won't see the signatures you have ignored. To turn them back on, click on your profile pic on the top right corner, go to Ignored Users, and unignore their signatures.

Is there a way to see someone's signature in a place other than their individual posts, such as their profile? Is it possible to disable images in signatures, or on the forums in general?

Nope, signatures are only shown on posts. There is no option on Valucre to disable images, but I'm pretty sure you can find add-ons for your browser that blocks all pictures - however, that would probably apply not just to Valucre, but everything on your browser.

Are there any working links to guides to T1 or the other standardized forms of combat? When I tried looking through the articles, I only got outdated links that no longer work.

Edited by HotPizza

1 minute ago, HotPizza said:

Are there any working links to guides to T1 or the other standardized forms of combat?  

You can find links to MOBS (the default), TDS, and the Chosen Ruleset in the 3rd paragraph of the mild powers article: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/general/mild-powers/

Note that combat is always optional and must be agreed to. If players agree to combat but can't agree to a system, then the default is used, otherwise you're free to use any system you wish; the ones listed are just a few options

Thanks supernal! I'm looking for T1 specifically as well, seeing how much it gets talked about. "Fun with T1" is the closest I can find, but it isn't the actual guide, is it?

Edited by HotPizza

1 minute ago, HotPizza said:

Thanks supernal! I'm looking for T1 specifically as well, seeing how much it gets talked about. Fun with T1 is the closest I can find, but it isn't the actual guide, is it?

What you see linked in the article is what you get I'm afraid

You may want to talk to the people that are mentioning it a bunch to see what they're using as a reference?

Edited by supernal

Hello. I have recently returned to the land of the living to ask a question. Do you know where to go to learn more about how to write stories? I have a very good idea for a short story, resplendent with characters and ideas, but currently my only skills are with roleplaying and creating backstories. If you know of where I can go to learn how to turn my backstories into actual short-stories, then I would be very appreciative. 

Edited by Vynathlon
I had two problems, but then I fixed the second one.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.