supernal

Lagrimosa AMA 2.0

1 minute ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

Disrupting a ritual or ritual circle with a stake/ ercaniron dust bomb 

Ercaniron would interfere with a ritual circle by introducing chaos / entropy into it. Would not recommend. That said if this is taking place in Yh'mi it would be more appropriate to ask Jaistlyn how they want to handle ercaniron and its effects in their region

20 minutes ago, supernal said:

Ercaniron would interfere with a ritual circle by introducing chaos / entropy into it. Would not recommend. That said if this is taking place in Yh'mi it would be more appropriate to ask Jaistlyn how they want to handle ercaniron and its effects in their region

Just a bit of free thinking. 

are there any anti magic/ known disruptions in play on the continent? 

also @jaistlyn any thoughts or ways you would implement it should the White Hand seek to research into its applications

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

Just a bit of free thinking. 

are there any anti magic/ known disruptions in play on the continent? 

also @jaistlyn any thoughts or ways you would implement it should the White Hand seek to research into its applications

You’ve used the Yh’mi AMA before please do so again!

What do you mean by a “known disruption”? Can you give me an example?

Edited by supernal

1 minute ago, supernal said:

You’ve used the Yh’mi AMA before please do so again!

What do you mean by a “known disruption”? Can you give me an example?

Say there’s a ritual (or ritual circle) going on or something conjuring or altering a landscape. 

>manage to drive a ______ stake into the area of effect / circle or rune 

>disrupts, diminishes or halts the effect

> conjuration would fail/portal would close; a shift in the landscape would cease to continue or a construct would destabilize and deteriorate; a field of anti-gravity would cease working 

5 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

Say there’s a ritual (or ritual circle) going on or something conjuring or altering a landscape. 

>manage to drive a ______ stake into the area of effect / circle or rune 

>disrupts, diminishes or halts the effect

> conjuration would fail/portal would close; a shift in the landscape would cease to continue or a construct would destabilize and deteriorate; a field of anti-gravity would cease working 

So you mean is there an already listed and specific way that that particular ritual can go awry?

If so then I don't believe there is. You should do an RNG with those options!

Even though I am hardly an expert or have any real authority on this subject, I'd like to throw end an idea of how disrupting a ritual with how magic works in Lagrimosa might go.

The magic that the ritual is operating will be drawn from the Local Loci and then used to do a thing.  So there's  conceivably a lot of things that could happen from their if you take an open idea to how magic works but it would probably be dependent on if you mess up the ritual drawing power, the ritual transferring power throughout itself, or the ritual using the power to do a thing. 

@supernal does that sound about right?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, squid peanut said:

Even though I am hardly an expert or have any real authority on this subject, I'd like to throw end an idea of how disrupting a ritual with how magic works in Lagrimosa might go.

The magic that the ritual is operating will be drawn from the Local Loci and then used to do a thing.  So there's  conceivably a lot of things that could happen from their if you take an open idea to how magic works but it would probably be dependent on if you mess up the ritual drawing power, the ritual transferring power throughout itself, or the ritual using the power to do a thing. 

@supernal does that sound about right?

I'd say that under the mental model of "the map is not the territory" that this is a very useful map

There are a lot of variables that could potentially come into play which is why I'm not prescriptive since I think exploring these variables is part of what makes the casting fun. For example maybe you get mushroom for a spell component but it's not the right type, or it's the right type but not at the right stage in its life cycle, or not picked from the right place (picked under a new moon instead of under a full moon), or maybe you are yourself not casting it in the right place (in a broken down church instead of a broken down hospital, etc) or at the right time (maybe you want to do it at 1:37 which adds up to 11, a magical number (or maybe it isn't)). Maybe you got all the components right but have only ever seen the magical words written and not spoken and your accent throws off a crucial intonation.

So on, so on, so on

Edited by supernal

On 7/31/2020 at 3:26 PM, supernal said:

So you mean is there an already listed and specific way that that particular ritual can go awry?

If so then I don't believe there is. You should do an RNG with those options!

Just wanted to make sure no one had made something for this sort of dispel! I’ll simply thwart them the old fashioned way.

May she Preserve us. 🤟🏽 

yoooo so I know Herbie was a beast back in the day. Did he leave behind a time or scrolls or any spellwork(I know he and orher(s) were the backbone of what we know now) we might be able to find in character? 

I just like to mill out lore and make it acknowledged so if not/ I need to make it up as I go it’s cool. Just love a good intellectual treasure hunt 

Yo.  So I'm planning on adding my own location/Demon empire on the deep green part of the map just west of the Badlands.  I also want to add in flavor about the surrounding area to try and explain why no one lives there already.  What do I need to do for this task and am I allowed to turn that area into my own location?  (I'm including the founding of this location with a current thread I'm doing.)

On 8/5/2020 at 8:30 AM, L E V I A T H A N said:

yoooo so I know Herbie was a beast back in the day. Did he leave behind a time or scrolls or any spellwork(I know he and orher(s) were the backbone of what we know now) we might be able to find in character? 

I just like to mill out lore and make it acknowledged so if not/ I need to make it up as I go it’s cool. Just love a good intellectual treasure hunt 

No named spells but you can check the common character reference for some of Herbie’s previous work

8 minutes ago, L E V I A T H A N said:

@amenities this might be a fun thought for you/ Michael 

How does prayer and Gaia as a force/faith/power source work in the dead peaks ? 

would Yshmael or Michael  or any Gaian be able to call upon her while there or use any of the hierarchy abilities? 

I don’t make the TTRPG distinction between arcane magic, divine magic, and psionics. Anything supernatural in nature is affected by things which dampen or increase “magic”

The dead peaks is not currently a dead zone 

35 minutes ago, squid peanut said:

Yo.  So I'm planning on adding my own location/Demon empire on the deep green part of the map just west of the Badlands.  I also want to add in flavor about the surrounding area to try and explain why no one lives there already.  What do I need to do for this task and am I allowed to turn that area into my own location?  (I'm including the founding of this location with a current thread I'm doing.)

You can’t nab the entire green section but you can drop a pin in that location which you can claim as your own. I’d suggest drafting a landing page for your area and then manage a canon list / canonized threads for it. As canon activity for your area grows it naturally develops the area you’re managing 

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

You can’t nab the entire green section but you can drop a pin in that location which you can claim as your own. I’d suggest drafting a landing page for your area and then manage a canon list / canonized threads for it. As canon activity for your area grows it naturally develops the area you’re managing 

Can I still flesh out the surrounding topography? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.