supernal

Terrenus AMA 2.0

1 minute ago, Flame Hero: Endeavor said:

Like, say I want to take over a village and make it grow from there, how much do I start with?

If you mean how many soldiers you can get for canonizing a thread I already answered that and my response to Thot above answers how many pages the thread has to be 

33 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Since it was brought up in a thread @The Alexandrian and I are doing, I was wondering if Terrenus' legal system mirrors the US in terms of legislation of minors? I.e. their signatures aren't legally binding, can't drink alcohol, are dependent on parents, etc. 

Correct. I like the system and can't think of a better one

Some modifications (subject to update as my understanding of reality changes) are that at becoming a legal adult you'd be able to buy alcohol as well as tobacco products and not just tobacco products; basically the assumption is if you're an adult then you can go ahead and pick your (legalized and regulated) poison 

I would also say that military service can count towards emancipation, allowing some to become a legal adult even if a minor by age 

Edited by supernal

Since the Shawnee Loci has expanded into the wastelands and the dead peaks, is this effecting the Dead Peak's prison? I'd like to connect the abundance of magic + prisoner's breaking free with my Zengi thread but not sure if the prison has alternative measures it can take to keep magic null.

When I first read "Genarisis" and "Airship", I envisioned dirigible aerostats (also known as zeppelins). I just read the article and found out that they're crystal-powered planes essentially (and I feel like an idiot).

Do people in Terrenus use rigid-frame dirigible aerostats?

On 1/28/2019 at 6:08 PM, Ataraxy said:

Since the Shawnee Loci has expanded into the wastelands and the dead peaks, is this effecting the Dead Peak's prison? I'd like to connect the abundance of magic + prisoner's breaking free with my Zengi thread but not sure if the prison has alternative measures it can take to keep magic null.

It absolutely is impacting the dead peaks prison, but how it is or what this means is something I have planned to make a larger interactive event so you're going to have to wait for this one!

5 hours ago, notmuch_23 said:

When I first read "Genarisis" and "Airship", I envisioned dirigible aerostats (also known as zeppelins). I just read the article and found out that they're crystal-powered planes essentially (and I feel like an idiot).

Do people in Terrenus use rigid-frame dirigible aerostats?

They do, but not exclusively and I don't know how popular they are but I can comfortably say they're likely to exist

Terrenus uses a variety of "airships" for different reasons so the make and model of your airship can depend on things like location, purpose, budget, etc. Since Genesaris led the design of airships in Valucre there will be a few of those types for sure, but there will also be those whose designs are more about staying aloft for extended periods of time vs getting quickly from one point to another 

As an example here's an older model airship still in use in the military because of its durability, stealth and longevity capabilities. It was just readymade by roboblu for the thread but I expand on it in a consequent post

Image: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b2/29/0c/b2290c92f042c8824c4d1c77fb8afe2e.jpg
Post: https://www.valucre.com/topic/40346-talk-the-talk-quest/?do=findComment&comment=724375

8 minutes ago, omit_needless_words said:

I threw a dart at the world map and landed in the ocean west of Terrenus, so I'm looking at the west-coast area just trying to get oriented.

It looks like there's a civil war going on in Terrenus right now, and Chesterfield and Aligoria have both declared independence from the Terran Empire, but Weland is still firmly a member of the Terran Empire, is that correct?

Assuming I have that right, is the war ongoing?  Has the Empire said anything about these rogue city-states, are there armies on the move?  Is life and trade mostly the same among Weland, Chesterfield, Aligoria, and Baizo Isle, or has the war disrupted everything?

More practically, should these questions go in the Terranus AMA thread?

If I want to expand on Weland-Chesterfield relations, for example, how would I go about it?
Just make up a character who's a Chesterfield diplomat and send him off?  Talk to  (PM?) the people who wrote those articles?

Just now, supernal said:

I'll do some rapid fire answers and then can expand on any of it as desired, just to save us both from unnecessary walls of text. I don't want to scare you off!

Weland is firmly still a member of Empire

The war is still on-going. It's just concluded its third/final phase (final in the sense of what I'm personally managing but the aftermath is still on-going, naturally) which has established these various rogue-city states and saw their expansion. Empire has not said anything in particular about the rogue locations other than that they're rogue. A few military threads here and there have mentioned how they're symptomatic of the civil war and not truly sovereign, the usual things you can expect proponents of an empire to say, but in terms of actionable IC content I've only just concluded the third phase at the beginning of the month and need to take a breather

So it's not that cells wouldn't be infiltrating, collecting information, engrossing themselves in skirmish wars, etc and so on, it's just that I haven't made an organized effort to do so - but all of those opportunities very, very much exist for players who are interested in telling those stories right now 

I will say that it would not be the full and collective might of the entire military mobilizing on any given place. The civil war stuff that has crippled transport and fractured the various places/set up those borders are serious but empire is focusing most of its brunt on threats it classifies as more severe, most notably the body-snatcher invasion and the shifting of the genius loci (which saw the wasteland turn from desert to frozen tundra, among other things which can't be tied to the political activity of any specific group). So there's plenty of storyline there too. My goal was to make any of those threads equally viable, hinge its popularity on the activity that most stimulates actual player content, and go from there 

I think that, yes, these should go in the AMA, so I'll quote both your questions and my answer over there and we can continue there if that's fine

To your final question, you would want to PM the article creators if only for the orchestration of full collaboration. You can just make a character and send him off, but with no notice or arrangement, you may not get any attention, or the right kind of attention, to see your plot fully realized. Starting with PMs first helps a lot but is not strictly necessary, basically. But I'd recommend the PMs from a pure "success" standpoint

And on that note I'm actually one of the people behind Chesterfield and the more active one at the moment. So, let's chat? 🙂

@omit_needless_words 

(Did a quick search but no cigarro)

Having not seen any lately myself, is there any objection for any reason on not being able to do one of those Gaian Academy lecture roleplays? Or is it just a thing that doesn’t happen much anymore?

I remember some thousands of years ago I was going to do a diplomacy lecture, tying in with a diplomatic mission and a Terrenus diplomacy program, and was considering on finally doing the lecture but wanted to check in first while I’m still just thinking.

1 minute ago, Die Shize said:

(Did a quick search but no cigarro)

Having not seen any lately myself, is there any objection for any reason on not being able to do one of those Gaian Academy lecture roleplays? Or is it just a thing that doesn’t happen much anymore?

I remember some thousands of years ago I was going to do a diplomacy lecture, tying in with a diplomatic mission and a Terrenus diplomacy program, and was considering on finally doing the lecture but wanted to check in first while I’m still just thinking.

Those lectures just aren’t something players have been interested in doing lately. If you’d like to then you’ve got the green light from me 

Automated wagons

Is there an image? Not sure how to picture these, but I imagine they are not Ferraris.

Terrenus lore thread serves a couple settlements as prime examples of where such mechanical vehicles are. Any insight on Last Chance having them, to any degree? 

I’ve caught on that story/activity trumps lore integrity, but I like seeking a balance where I may. For the squirrels and all that.

6 hours ago, Die Shize said:

Automated wagons

Is there an image? Not sure how to picture these, but I imagine they are not Ferraris.

Terrenus lore thread serves a couple settlements as prime examples of where such mechanical vehicles are. Any insight on Last Chance having them, to any degree? 

I’ve caught on that story/activity trumps lore integrity, but I like seeking a balance where I may. For the squirrels and all that.

There aren’t any images. You can think of them as “some sort of geometric shape on wheels”. HG has gyro based vehicles but that’s not to say if you’re more comfortable with a box or a rectangle that you couldn’t have one of those too. There are many models I’m sure 

Last Chance would have them 

1 hour ago, supernal said:

There aren’t any images. You can think of them as “some sort of geometric shape on wheels”. HG has gyro based vehicles but that’s not to say if you’re more comfortable with a box or a rectangle that you couldn’t have one of those too. There are many models I’m sure 

Last Chance would have them 

Got it. And I assume that "automated wagon" is just that: a wagon that can be driven in a similar way that a car can, maybe most closely compared with an original automobile?

Just want to get a clearer idea of what these contraptions are, and I can wing the rest as you're permitting. Forum searches led to Pasion's asking about it in the original Terrenus-AMA but there wasn't much expanded questioning.

On that note, I might try to site-search her IC and she if she might have detailed said wagon so I can inspire myself.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.