supernal

Terrenus AMA 2.0

5 minutes ago, Old Man Jean said:

As a bit of a follow up,  is it safe to assume the Terrenus Military doesn't have any standard issue weapons but instead uses a Victorian era officer style self procurement? 

I have some of the equipment listed under the military overview but you shouldn't take that as an exhaustive or exclusive list. You can use the materials list as a poor of likely to be common devices, such as solabernite fueled lasers or Nth impelled projectiles and so on

Understanding mostly the words self procurement in your question I think the answer is yes as long as you aren't idk, bullying citizens to get your gun fix 

6 minutes ago, Old Man Jean said:

In the Victorian War era officers often equipped their units with weapons they bought themselves from the civilian market, that is what I meant by self procurement. 

Also, thanks for the speedy replies I appreciate it!

That sounds good I'm down for that. And also I'm sure the engineers are always coming up with some goodies too 

In regards to the Casper situation, since we'll be using this other T1 style, I'd be comfortable with either canceling out the almighty aspect of being a Peacekeeper and having an S rank artifact so that there's even grounds or we can see about talking it out with our handler to see if we can add some extra coolness but even aspect as a result of both things. 

I think ultimately it'd be up to us to decide and my preference would be something that equates to equal standing.  

1 minute ago, notmuch_23 said:

Is there any place in Terrenus where somebody could potentially obtain the large steam vane turbines, synchronous alternators, distribution transformers, and heavy copper cable to construct a power plant?

Steam turbines are most likely in Tia

Alternators and transformers, Hell’s Gate and Palgard | Martial Town would both be viable locations to source that 

Copper as a mundane metal can be mined from any (reasonable) location in the Wilds 

Some minor detail questions!

I'm getting some commissioned art of Itylra done and I want her to be as authentic looking as possible.

Is there a particular style of combat fatigues Terrenus Soldiers wear? If so do have any examples? What about vests/plate carriers? 

I read from someone else I believe that Terric colors are light blue, is that is true do you have an example of that color?

The circle with barbs motif of the military doesn't happen to have any official art, does it?

I made my own concessions with a beret as part of the uniform for Recon soldiers, but I haven't decided on a color for it, thoughts?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

6 minutes ago, Old Man Jean said:

I read from someone else I believe that Terric colors are light blue, is that is true do you have an example of that color?

It was probably me, since I put a stupid amount of detail into what Maya Zapatero, international style icon, is wearing in each thread. I made a leap based on the Terran flag, which also features the circle of barbed wire symbol: 

@Old Man Jean

I'll say up front that I don't have much confidence in my fashion sense or design eyes, so whatever I say now is liable to change as people offer up better alternatives - maybe even yourself?!

Anyway as roboblu mentioned, she's using the colors of the flag and I think that's a great palette to choose from. I have given zero thought about how the different units use the colors to style different parts of their uniform or what those uniforms look like, so if anyone wants to a set a standard for a unit then I'm very open 

With regards to the circle with barbs the closest thing to official art is what's used on the flag on the Terrenus landing page 

Edited by supernal

How do I use the narrative damage system, or any of the other systems around here (TDS, MOBS, etc)?

Basically you make a post using our on site dice roller and use the results according to the system in question

Although generally speaking I think we have a trustworthy lot, the transparency, accountability, and ease of reference that comes from using the on site system is why it's favored 

I would be interested to hearing about it too. What position does the highest ranking authorities of the church separately take towards vampires, of the raised corpse variety, and vampyres, of the Orisian variety, who are technically born and living?

Is it an unanimous view among them or there are different factions believing in different things? I was going to let Chastity assert that Tynes has a narrow view of Gaianism, but I suppose I better get my facts right first. XD

@Tyler

5 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

I would be interested to hearing about it too. What position does the highest ranking authorities of the church separately take towards vampires, of the raised corpse variety, and vampyres, of the Orisian variety, who are technically born and living?

Is it an unanimous view among them or there are different factions believing in different things? I was going to let Chastity assert that Tynes has a narrow view of Gaianism, but I suppose I better get my facts right first. XD

@Tyler

I was mainly basing Tynes's view on what I've seen and read so far, mainly in Lore articles. But also, Pasion has had multiple posts where she's implied that Terrans do not like Gabriela because she's a vampire, so I assumed that was more of a thing than I'd yet seen IC.

16 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I was mainly basing Tynes's view on what I've seen and read so far, mainly in Lore articles. But also, Pasion has had multiple posts where she's implied that Terrans do not like Gabriela because she's a vampire, so I assumed that was more of a thing than I'd yet seen IC.

I thought you also had a specific question about Odin's adviser?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.