Jump to content
supernal

Terrenus AMA 2.0

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Metty said:

Technically that would only apply if there was actual witnesses right? 

I am indeed asking that. I'm trying to find someone that would play with me on that matter. I'm trying to build up infamy first, however.

Yes, but then also technically I don't think it's actually feasible to kill an entire village and not have a single witness, in a continent where someone is as likely to have a radio as they are to have the ability to communicate telepathically or Haste themselves away to safety. Basically all of the things that players like to think themselves capable of there's no reason to assume that the NPCs aren't capable of doing too 

Good luck finding a partner! You can use the water cooler or even reach out to people listed in the military org page to see if what you're pitching gets any bites 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ataraxy said:

So uh lol this is not specifically Terrenus but I've been wondering, what's up with the new Abaddon - The Uprising board in the Alternative Board? It just kinda... appeared lmao

As you said so yourself not Terrenus relevant lol this is not an all purpose thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can an RoE be forced? I was talking about this with @Mag (I think) a while ago. For example, if I wanted to take over, idk, Predator's Keep but Red doesnt really want to engage in conflict or risk losing her board, can she completely reject an RoE challenge? Or is there a way for the attacking party to insist? I remember there being an implicit rule that having a board means you have the responsibility of accepting and defending against attacks in certain situations or something. 

I believe Red could just reject the entire thing, but I'm not entirely sure. Figured I'd ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ataraxy said:

Can an RoE be forced? I was talking about this with @Mag (I think) a while ago. For example, if I wanted to take over, idk, Predator's Keep but Red doesnt really want to engage in conflict or risk losing her board, can she completely reject an RoE challenge? Or is there a way for the attacking party to insist? I remember there being an implicit rule that having a board means you have the responsibility of accepting and defending against attacks in certain situations or something. 

I believe Red could just reject the entire thing, but I'm not entirely sure. Figured I'd ask.

The Terrenus RoE thread has been archived and so should no longer be considered the preferred method of resolution. Players should coordinate conflict between themselves and are free to use the RoE as I've written it, or modified, as a basis from which they can structure their conflict

That said I'll answer your question assuming it was active 

Per item 1, the onus is on the attacker to convince the defender that the attack is both justified and worthwhile. Failure to do so means that the defender does not have to engage. A BL can veto a proposition for the same reason, and likewise can enforce a proposition if it is found to satisfy both conditions and the reason for rejection is found to be insufficient. Generally speaking, also per item 1, "Forcing someone to defend their territory when they don't want to is a recipe for disaster" 

So ROE can be forced but not by the attacker, and not just by wanting it really bad. It treats me / the BL as judge and jury for what is appropriate. Even approving an ROE/attack doesn't mean carte blanche / winner take all. It may just mean that the property has to change in some meaningful way to reflect the conflict, not necessarily that they lose a property they're actively managing

Functional examples of when I would be likely to allow an RoE against the owner's wishes are when the property is underutilized, such as Dasua and Tazarek, and the player is holding onto the property for no real reason. Or in situations where they're the aggressor and retreat behind the RoE as a shield: basically if they hit you and go "nu uh!". Neither of these, to my knowledge, would apply to P.K. as an arbitrary example

But yeah generally speaking it's both easier and more productive to let people decide for themselves what calls for their investment and how much of it, rather than trying to mash players together. It also tends to lead to more substantial content; the inverse, in my experience, leads to a lot of activity generated but most of it is low quality or dead-end in nature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ataraxy said:

Are the islands directly south of Last Chance playable/ canon islands or should they be counted as readymade despite being shown on the map?

They can be played in ofc, just like any of the land across the face of the continent. Just also keep in mind the “deeper, not wider” changes to canon development. I’m more interested from a BL perspective in developing existing areas (vertical), not adding more (horizontal) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, supernal said:

They can be played in ofc, just like any of the land across the face of the continent. Just also keep in mind the “deeper, not wider” changes to canon development. I’m more interested from a BL perspective in developing existing areas (vertical), not adding more (horizontal) 

Even so, could a name be given/ proposed for them? Even if the islands themselves are pushed to the side for now as we focus on a deeper development of current Val lore, having a name for them like Carlos' Archipelago would be easier than always saying "that group of islands directly south of Last Chance" for when they're mentioned in passing. 

PS I said Carlos' Archipelago as a random/ satirical thought but lol imma call them that if it's just kinda left floating there. It's easy to remember lmfao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2018 at 5:39 PM, Ataraxy said:

Even so, could a name be given/ proposed for them? Even if the islands themselves are pushed to the side for now as we focus on a deeper development of current Val lore, having a name for them like Carlos' Archipelago would be easier than always saying "that group of islands directly south of Last Chance" for when they're mentioned in passing. 

PS I said Carlos' Archipelago as a random/ satirical thought but lol imma call them that if it's just kinda left floating there. It's easy to remember lmfao

I’ll pass on that for now but we can revisit in a year or two. You’ll notice on the current map there are some mountains or ranges without labels. I don’t want to label every feature of the map, just the important stuff. To that end with the article consolidations I’ve done I’ve also entirely removed some areas from the list and map. I want to keep going in that direction before adding more stuff to it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Metty said:

I was looking at the material list since my character uses electricity, is there anything that is like...useful for conducting it? LIke absorbing it for example to use at later use?

Yes. I think the answer is there for the taking so after you read it let me know what your guess is and I’ll correct if needed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah. 

It said limited resistant to electricity, so that's why I was asking.

Also...I was thinking of stealing a few government materials in the Tia thread? How does the NDS work with that exactly? Is there a restriction of what I can steal? I've been sort of talking to amenities about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...