jaistlyn

A big welcome to Valucre's new members!

🎉🎉🎉

Let's welcome the newest members to our fun little slice of the internet!

@Mochi @Chartres @SexyStonerGal @Mescre @kolonu @Chrysaor @Scoundrel @Fondrian Academy @The Blue Knight @Marishi Ten @Danny Fenton

Whether you're a seasoned roleplayer, or a newbie to the game, and whether you like dragons or zombies, we have something for everyone here at Valucre. We have some topics to get you started:

There are lots of friendly people around! Don't be shy, feel free to ask any questions here in this thread, or send me a message if you'd prefer to do that! :) You can ask me how to get around the forum, general rules, asking where a character would best fit, etc. :) Have fun!

1 minute ago, Bardic Knowledge said:

Why you stalking the new members m8.

It's public, you can find the list here! - https://www.valucre.com/search/?type=core_members&sortby=joined&sortdirection=desc&page=1

And it's not stalking, I just want to make the new members feel comfortable, know where to go and have a person to direct questions to, ya know? It's the equivalent of someone at a party standing at the door and greeting people, haha. 

57 minutes ago, jaistlyn said:

And it's not stalking, I just want to make the new members feel comfortable, know where to go and have a person to direct questions to, ya know? It's the equivalent of someone at a party standing at the door and greeting people, haha. 

Do you give people who move into your neighborhood gift baskets and house warming gifts? Because thats awesome, and I would like green tea in mine, and I'd make dumplings in return.

Also, welcome to all the new folks. We don't bite, hard. Unless you're into that.

Usually Outreach PMs new members with a personalized welcome message. 

Welcome to the new members hope you enjoy your stay at the Hotel Valucreina.... you can check out any time you like but you can never leave ~.^

9 hours ago, The Blue Knight said:

I've been tagged so many times, and I haven't even done anything yet...

source.gif

I liked that jousting idea. I think I've only seen it done once before in earnest and then it was just a side feature rather than the main focus

And I sure liked that post too! Welcome goodly knight!

11 hours ago, supernal said:

I liked that jousting idea. I think I've only seen it done once before in earnest and then it was just a side feature rather than the main focus

And I sure liked that post too! Welcome goodly knight!

Thank ye kindly!  If that side feature you mentioned is something other Valucre members are familiar with, do you have any suggestions on making one successful here?

6 hours ago, The Blue Knight said:

Thank ye kindly!  If that side feature you mentioned is something other Valucre members are familiar with, do you have any suggestions on making one successful here?

I meant that the jousting was one minor component of a larger event. So that said I think you're going about it just fine in making the jousting the main event and recommend keeping it simple, like you are, so you have less moving parts to try and juggle