supernal

An exercise in brevity

The old word count requirement for canonized posts was 120 per post. The new one is 80. I want to see what a roleplay looks and feels like when it falls in this range

The actual roleplay is TBD since I don't know who else is interested, and given that there is a maximum word count and that it is so short, players who sign up should be able to commit to no less than a post a day, or a post within 24 hours of it being their turn, whichever comes first

So if you're interested in something like this let me know

51 minutes ago, supernal said:

The old word count requirement for canonized posts was 120 per post. The new one is 80. I want to see what a roleplay looks and feels like when it falls in this range

The actual roleplay is TBD since I don't know who else is interested, and given that there is a maximum word count and that it is so short, players who sign up should be able to commit to no less than a post a day, or a post within 24 hours of it being their turn, whichever comes first

Since I just jumped into a thread recently I can test this for you, given the speed at which people reply to the new topic, though, if they don't post fast enough I can start something else to this effect if that is better. I don't know what kind of effect an 80 word minimum would have, I would assume people would just jump over the limit by 200ish words anyways. -Shrug- but I can def beta test this. 

3 hours ago, supernal said:

I’m interested. I’ve always wanted to try a thread with a low maximum word count. One obvious advantage is that, with limited space, you are forced to think carefully about every word you put down. This one Orson Welles quote comes to mind: “The enemy of art is the absence of limitation.” But I think another good reason is that shorter posts lead to greater interaction and better dialogue between writers.

Anyone who is interested in carefully composed sentences should check out this blog piece by Alexis Kennedy (creator of Fallen London) about writing microtext (essentially, a few descriptive sentences abundant with meaning and pith).  

I've chosen Praetorian and Witch and have tagged them in the OOC thread I just made

On 4/13/2018 at 6:30 PM, Stumbler said:

I'm interested! I might use this format for the adventure dice rolling thing you highlighted earlier if that is fine. 

By all means go right ahead!