Valucre
  • Announcements

• Paroxysm

Contact between members and staff   04/20/2018

Valucre.com and Valucre’s official email address (Valucre@gmail.com) are to be considered the only credible contact between members and staff. If you are contacted by someone, or a group of someones, dubiously representing themselves as staff outside of Valucre.com, you should private message @supernal and @desolate. Additionally, if your account is to receive administrative action, or you are the subject of a report, staff will contact you through forum, email, or through the forum's warning system, not off site services such as Discord or Skype.
Tyler

Foreigners Wanted! [Norkotian Missions] [FULL!]

The remote nation of Norkotia, a small, isolationist confederation of city-states, is in need of some unscrupulous foreigners for a handful of tasks. The current administration is trying to stamp out its underhanded political opponents, while at the same time expand the borders of the confederation's legal influence. While much of this will be handled by locals, there are a few jobs that need a special touch.

Each of these are separate RPs. I don't intend to do all three of them, since I'm not sure I could handle GMing that many at once while still fulfilling my existing obligations. On that note, I don't intend to start these threads immediately, so give a few days from the point of recruitment before the actual RP gets started.

Mission 1  --  A gunslinger and his henchmen are harassing a town outside of the Norkotian sphere of influence, trying to prevent it from joining the confederation. The local sheriff is in favor of joining Norkotia officially, and expresses public support for the current Norkotian chairman, Joseph Tynes. Unfortunately, the sheriff has repeatedly failed to defeat the gunslinger. A foreigner is hired to kill the gunslinger, but with one caveat: They must somehow make it appear that the sheriff is the one who did it! (1 - 2 players) Lack of interest

Mission 2  --  The mayor and sheriff of an outlying village have repeatedly resisted offers to join the Norkotian government. It is suspected that they may have been bought-off by local mining companies and land owners. In order to persuade the people to push for annexation into Norkotia, a band of foreign mercenaries has been hired to murder the sheriff and threaten the town, but not destroy it. (2 - 4 players)

Mission 3  --  The CEO of the powerful BlackBlood Energy Corporation has been causing political and logistical problems for the Norkotian government. Unable to penetrate his stronghold, the government seeks to contract a small band of foreign mercenaries to break-in and dispose of the CEO. Though it is preferred that he be taken alive, killing him is also acceptable. (2 - 4 players) Full

Rewards will come in the form of unmarked silver and gold bars (mostly silver).

I'll be handling most of the plot characters, minor NPCs and area descriptions. As noted, I will not do all three, at least not at once, so which ones get selected will depend a bit on how much interest I get and what order I get that interest in. Also note I reserve the right to decline players if I am not confident in them for whatever reason. I intend to get the RPs canonized, so I expect good quality posting from any joiners! Lastly, I would definitely appreciate players reading Norkotian lore, but it is only optional. The general setting to expect is a sort of blend of the American Wild West with the 1930s, though some of the technology can be as new as the 1980s. No computers or digital tech, however. Magic is also severely impaired, so your characters will only be able to work their magic at approximately 25% of its normal power. The population is mostly human with a few elves, so non-humanoid species will be regarded with suspicion. Be sure to ask me questions!

Edited by Tyler

5 hours ago, Abigail666 said:

I would love to join in! 

Cool! Let me know what missions you're interested in!

5 hours ago, Abigail666 said:

But would a vampire work in those settings?

If he or she keeps their nature under wraps pretty well, they should be fine. Norkotians are a bit suspicious of outsiders in general, and an "unnatural" or other abnormal type of person might bother them. Luckily, neither mission 2 nor mission 3 require you to play nice with the locals! You just need to murder a few of them!

Which character in particular of yours are you thinking? So I can check the page out and read up on them.

8 minutes ago, PandaHat said:

I would like to do mission 2 with a character. 

This one will do. 

Very good.

So far I have two for Mission 2. I don't know yet what @Afro Punk is interested in pursuing.

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

If he or she keeps their nature under wraps pretty well, they should be fine. Norkotians are a bit suspicious of outsiders in general, and an "unnatural" or other abnormal type of person might bother them. Luckily, neither mission 2 nor mission 3 require you to play nice with the locals! You just need to murder a few of them!

Which character in particular of yours are you thinking? So I can check the page out and read up on them.

Awesome! She would be excellent for a bit of murder and mayhem. I was considering using my character persephone!

2 hours ago, Abigail666 said:

Awesome! She would be excellent for a bit of murder and mayhem. I was considering using my character persephone!

Looks good to me!

27 minutes ago, Afro Punk said:

Mission 3! Character I'm not sure of yet 

Okay. Well there's plenty of time, so no rush!

Edited by Tyler

2 hours ago, Ichi said:

Hello. Mind if I join? I'm returning after a long time not on this site. (I assure you, I'm still a pro at writing, as my 7 followers do say so.)

I'd be using either Ichi or Vince.

Either character will definitely work. Which mission(s) are you interested in?

Also, you say you haven't been on the site in a long time? Is there a threat of you leaving again? I find it kind of important that these missions get completed once they've been started, so I just want to make sure everyone that commits is absolutely committed to seeing them through!