Valucre
Sivanot

New to the site

Hi, just found this site when a friend on Quotev talked about finding it. Not new to Roleplaying by a long shot, been doing it for maybe 4-5 years (i have a bad memory so no idea exactly when i started lmao)

Coming from a site called Quotev (that i already mentioned-), which is where i started RPing and haven't truly done it on another site until now. The admins are basically non-existent, only thing they do is ban accounts really. Except for removing most of the Group functionality and basically ripping apart the RP community there, seemingly because most of the users use them for Roleplaying instead of the site's main focus of writing stories and making quizzes. Along with the rumors flying around about RP specific accounts being banned.

I hope I'll be able to adjust well to this new site if the Quotev Admins completely implode the groups feature, though i'll probably use this site some regardless. Seems easy enough to use, I do use a site that seems to use a similar format as this, so should be fine for me to use.

I believe I read over the rules and everything, but I'm not quite sure on a few things. Is swearing and any form of smut Roleplay allowed? And if not, is it allowed in a Private Chat with another user? (Assuming this site has some form of private chat, that is. Which i'd be surprised if it didn't.)

Welcome to Valucre. You'll fit in nicely. I don't think we'll don't mind if you write stories and quizzes instead of roleplaying.

Right guys?

-checks-

Pretty sure we don't mind. 99 percent positive. Don't quote me on that.

24 minutes ago, Sivanot said:

Hi, just found this site when a friend on Quotev talked about finding it. Not new to Roleplaying by a long shot, been doing it for maybe 4-5 years (i have a bad memory so no idea exactly when i started lmao)

Coming from a site called Quotev (that i already mentioned-), which is where i started RPing and haven't truly done it on another site until now. The admins are basically non-existent, only thing they do is ban accounts really. Except for removing most of the Group functionality and basically ripping apart the RP community there, seemingly because most of the users use them for Roleplaying instead of the site's main focus of writing stories and making quizzes. Along with the rumors flying around about RP specific accounts being banned.

I hope I'll be able to adjust well to this new site if the Quotev Admins completely implode the groups feature, though i'll probably use this site some regardless. Seems easy enough to use, I do use a site that seems to use a similar format as this, so should be fine for me to use.

I believe I read over the rules and everything, but I'm not quite sure on a few things. Is swearing and any form of smut Roleplay allowed? And if not, is it allowed in a Private Chat with another user? (Assuming this site has some form of private chat, that is. Which i'd be surprised if it didn't.)

Roen got the gist of it - swearing is allowed but graphic sexual content isn't. This includes in the PM as well, so you would need to go completely off site with a member if you were seeking that. That said romance themes/arcs/plots are allowed, just "fade to black" when things get too steamy

I'll go on to say that Valucre is a website dedicated exclusively to roleplay rather than some other function with roleplay as a side offering. You won't ever have to worry about roleplayers being targeted because they roleplay on Valucre

I suggest checking out our new member guide to start but if you have any questions feel free to send me a P: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/nux/new-member-guide/

14 minutes ago, Fierach said:

Welcome to Valucre. You'll fit in nicely. I don't think we'll don't mind if you write stories and quizzes instead of roleplaying.

Right guys?

-checks-

Pretty sure we don't mind. 99 percent positive. Don't quote me on that.

Well, I don't write stories or make quizzes so i'm fine either way on that front ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, supernal said:

Roen got the gist of it - swearing is allowed but graphic sexual content isn't. This includes in the PM as well, so you would need to go completely off site with a member if you were seeking that. That said romance themes/arcs/plots are allowed, just "fade to black" when things get too steamy

I'll go on to say that Valucre is a website dedicated exclusively to roleplay rather than some other function with roleplay as a side offering. You won't ever have to worry about roleplayers being targeted because they roleplay on Valucre

I suggest checking out our new member guide to start but if you have any questions feel free to send me a P: https://www.valucre.com/lore.html/resources/nux/new-member-guide/

Alright, thanks for clearing up that bit of confusion I had. May I ask why sexual content (in an rp) wouldnt be allowed in the PM? If you don't mind me asking, of course. Just curious about that.

Alright, I think i'll enjoy using Valucre then. Probably gonna have a slow start on that though, gonna take time to adjust.

I've already been reading through the new member guide, but thanks for telling me anyway so I'm sure i'm reading the right thing lmao.

Just now, Sivanot said:

Well, I don't write stories or make quizzes so i'm fine either way on that front ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright, thanks for clearing up that bit of confusion I had. May I ask why sexual content (in an rp) wouldnt be allowed in the PM? If you don't mind me asking, of course. Just curious about that.

Alright, I think i'll enjoy using Valucre then. Probably gonna have a slow start on that though, gonna take time to adjust.

I've already been reading through the new member guide, but thanks for telling me anyway so I'm sure i'm reading the right thing lmao.

Anything that's against the rules is taken to mean that it is against the rules anywhere on the site, not just in public. If we had a "no swearing" rule, and you swore at another member in PM, the fact that it's private doesn't make it not swearing

If you're wondering why sexual content isn't allowed site wide, a big part of it is the fact that Valucre is not an 18+ site

Huh, alright thanks for the answer. I suppose i'm just so used to rping things with some form of smut that I don't see much reason for it to not be allowed. But I'll certainly respect the rules and move it somewhere off site if necessary.

Just to clarify, it’s not that you can’t pursue such plots though. Hints are fine, metaphors are fine, (chaste-ish?) kissing is fine, laying on the bed is fine, just time skip to the next morning (“fade to black” as supernal mentioned), or move the truly graphic parts offsite.

Edited by jaistlyn