Valucre added to a new directory! Read more... ×
Valucre
Artificer

Out of the Shadows, Into the Fray

Hello everyone!

First of all, it is a pleasure to meet all of you! You guys can call me Arty. I have been lurking on this website for quite sometime now, gorging upon the wondrous writing and expansive lore created by your amazing community, and after extensive reading, I have finally gained the inspiration to join all of you on this endless expedition into the vast, creative cacophony that is roleplay.

I am an experienced roleplayer as I have done forum and chatroom roleplay before; however, it has been quite some time since I've flexed my passion for forging new adventures with others. I have been quite busy as of late, but seeing everything that you all have accomplished here has reignited my interest in the activity.

I enjoy fantasy roleplay, but am not a stranger to sci-fi and themes involving magitech. I tend to be very unorthodox when it comes to creating characters and plot contributions, but adding that kind of thing to a thread is the spice of life, is it not? I like to twist and reinterpret the baseline for quests and adventures, turning them into (hopefully) deeper and more immersive stories. I can tend to be very wordy as you probably can already tell, but I hope that isn't too egregious.

Regardless, I can't wait to dive in and explore this new world (well at least for me) of Valucre. I hope I can contribute to this amazing community, and I hope you consider joining me on this adventure of mine.

See you all on the forum boards,

— Arty

Edited by Artificer

@Artificer

I get to be the first one to say hello! 🐦(<- bird emoji because of how I swooped in.)

Welcome to Valuce, Arty!

Anyone who aptly describes roleplay as a creative cacophony gets my immediate approval. I’m glad you finally mustered up the courage to make a post here. Your recent post (A Knot of Silver) in Genesaris was written really well and I look forward to seeing that story continue – as well as your future literary pursuits on the site. As you probably know from the automatic message you received, you can find threads to join or post your own thread ideas in the Water Cooler. You seem to already have a feel for the place, but, if you have any questions, feel free to send me a message! I think you’ll find Valucre to be fertile ground for flexing your literary muscle.

Questions from me to you: What is your favorite book? And, do you have a favorite author in particular?

Edited by Witch

Hey @Witch! Pleasure to meet you.

I would have to say that my favorite book would be a three-way tie between Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. If I were to name a favorite author in particular, it would have to be J.R.R. Tolkien for setting the standard for high fantasy. I just really, really, love good lore and world-building.

I will definitely look in the Water Cooler to start and join a few threads. Just a mild warning: I tend to be a very fast-paced roleplayer who posts sporadically. Sometimes I post extremely very quickly (in a matter of hours since the first response), and sometimes it takes me a while to crank out a new post. Things have been very busy as of late, but man, seeing all of you guys makes me want to write again.

If I have any questions, I will definitely make sure to ask you!

Edited by Artificer

17 minutes ago, Artificer said:

Hey @Witch! Pleasure to meet you.

I would have to say that my favorite book would be tied with Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. If I were to name a favorite author in particular, it would have to be J.R.R. Tolkien for setting the standard for high fantasy. I just really, really, love good lore and world-building.

I will definitely look in the Water Cooler to start and join a few threads. Just a mild warning: I tend to be a very fast-paced roleplayer who posts sporadically. Sometimes I post extremely very quickly (in a matter of hours since the first response), and sometimes it takes me a while to crank out a new post. Things have been very busy as of late, but man, seeing all of you guys makes me want to write again.

If I have any questions, I will definitely make sure to ask you!

Ender's Game is a fantastic choice. Have you read the other books in the series? I've read through most of the Bean books, but have only read Speaker for the Dead of the Ender Wiggin saga. On the Tolkien front, I've only read The Hobbit. I need to read the actual trilogy! I've known this for a while, but your endorsement is just further admonishment of the obvious gaps in my literary knowledge.  

Posting speed can vary. You just want to be on the same wavelength as the other posters in your thread. Communication is key.

Write again, please 🤗. I mean, don't burn yourself out between the site and real life, but if you can find time for the site I think you'd make an awesome member.

Edited by Witch

@Witch it is funny that you mention Speaker of the Dead because I've read that too! It has been quite a while since I last read it, and I have yet to start any of the books about Bean yet. To be honest, I haven't read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I just find myself immersed in its lore, so don't sweat it.

Thanks for the advice too, I'll keep it in mind!

I have read all of Orson Scott Card's Ender series and Shadow (bean) Series. Also all of Tolkins books I am able to get my hands on. 

If you like world building you should read Tamora Pierce Novels about Tortall. The Lionness Quartet. The Immortal Quartet. Protector of the Small Quartet. The Trickster duet. And the Becka Cooper Trilogy. 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:18 AM, Artificer said:

Hello everyone!

First of all, it is a pleasure to meet all of you! You guys can call me Arty. I have been lurking on this website for quite sometime now, gorging upon the wondrous writing and expansive lore created by your amazing community, and after extensive reading, I have finally gained the inspiration to join all of you on this endless expedition into the vast, creative cacophony that is roleplay.

I am an experienced roleplayer as I have done forum and chatroom roleplay before; however, it has been quite some time since I've flexed my passion for forging new adventures with others. I have been quite busy as of late, but seeing everything that you all have accomplished here has reignited my interest in the activity.

I enjoy fantasy roleplay, but am not a stranger to sci-fi and themes involving magitech. I tend to be very unorthodox when it comes to creating characters and plot contributions, but adding that kind of thing to a thread is the spice of life, is it not? I like to twist and reinterpret the baseline for quests and adventures, turning them into (hopefully) deeper and more immersive stories. I can tend to be very wordy as you probably can already tell, but I hope that isn't too egregious.

Regardless, I can't wait to dive in and explore this new world (well at least for me) of Valucre. I hope I can contribute to this amazing community, and I hope you consider joining me on this adventure of mine.

See you all on the forum boards,

— Arty

yo!! Welcome to the Entropic Shell of rp!!

benny

On 6/7/2018 at 4:16 PM, Artificer said:

I would have to say that my favorite book would be a three-way tie between Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. If I were to name a favorite author in particular, it would have to be J.R.R. Tolkien for setting the standard for high fantasy. I just really, really, love good lore and world-building.

Ender's Game is definitely in my top 5 favorite books of all time. 😱 Welcome to Val! This is the perfect place for someone who enjoys detailed lore. I'm looking forward to seeing what you contribute to our world- I've already snooped on your thread in the Whispernight Ruins, and am thoroughly impressed!