supernal

General chat thread

1 hour ago, MacBeth said:

I feel like I fell off the planet. 

What'd I miss? lol

Also homework and college is highly overrated. So are annotated bibliographies.

To hell with annotated bibliographies! It's very difficult finding the hype to write essays when they do not pertain to my degree. 

Honestly, like... If I could have a giant Rolodex full of annotated bibliographies, cross-indexed by theory and key terms... 😍

Edited by Ace

33 minutes ago, Ace said:

YOU GUYS 

I just learned that a "Writer's Cramp" used to be called "Scrivener's Palsy" (™ ™ ™ ™) and I am obsessed. I have got to find a way to use this *0* and not just use it, but hold it on high. 

Hell, I'm thinking about changing my username... 

What or who is Scrivener?

Cause that's also the name of an app I use for writing.

5 minutes ago, MacBeth said:

What or who is Scrivener?

Cause that's also the name of an app I use for writing.

Technically, Scrivener is a fancy way of saying scribe aka people who wrote and copied legal/written documents. So, when people say Scrivener's Palsy, it's usually referring to the cramps that the scribes used to get from writing all those documents by hand for a living or something.

Thank you for attending my TED talk.

But, I also used the app Scrivener before I switched to Final Draft for reasons.

Just now, supernal said:

A scrivener is a scribe and scribes just be writing all the time 

LiStEn, MAN. I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU TAKE MY SpOtLigHt, MAN.

Though, it's sexy how we posted the meaning at the same time. I dig it a lot. :kiss:

Well I learned from Sword Art Online II that "Excalibur" apparently wasn't as common way back when and apparently "Caliber" or something-such was more common to use.

I could probably verify the above with a quick Google search but my Google credits are running low.

1 minute ago, elixir said:

LiStEn, MAN. I DON'T LIKE IT WHEN YOU TAKE MY SpOtLigHt, MAN.

Though, it's sexy how we posted the meaning at the same time. I dig it a lot. :kiss:

I take my spotlight in lime 🙂

Has anyone seen or have any thoughts on “gun gale online”?

I hesitate to feed a growing monster of a franchise but it looks neat. The issue being that it’s much easier to look good than to have substance so I’m trying to plumb depths over here 

17 minutes ago, supernal said:

Has anyone seen or have any thoughts on “gun gale online”?

I hesitate to feed a growing monster of a franchise but it looks neat. The issue being that it’s much easier to look good than to have substance so I’m trying to plumb depths over here 

Haven’t seen it, but a coworker, who is really into anime, didn’t like it.

I thought GGO was a great concept for SAOII and liked the result. Interesting change of pace. But “GGO” as the actual series does look a tad...suspicious?

I'm angry. I don't get mad easily these days, but when one of my kids get the shaft, it pisses me off.  My son is a senior in high school and is taking a course through the career center in Criminal Justice. Once he graduates high school, he will be attending University for criminal Justice/conservation law. He's been certified to be a jail officer (or a turn key) and even went so far as to get his chemical certification. (he had to get pepper sprayed) a couple weeks ago he filled out a job application for the jail, and last week they called him and set up an interview for a part time job. He was literally gone for 15 minutes and came back home crushed. The sheriff, who was there to interview him, is the uncle of a young lady my son used to date. (The girl went to a different School and her parents didn't allow her to do much, so my son broke it off with her. Nothing major) My son also took another of his neices to Prom (just as friends, they didn't date) but on one occasion this Sheriff asked my son if he was "dating his way through the family"  WHO DOES THAT? And as if that isn't enough, another member of their family used to work for my husband. This man quit his job abruptly which caused some issues and a few weeks later wanted his job back...which he did not get..SO back to the interview for my son, who is qualified for the job...the sheriff says...oh, we aren't hiring part-time. We'll keep your app on file...WHAT?? How rude and immature...This momma is raging mad. They asked him when they set up the interview if it was part time. My son is a good kid and a hard worker, and I'm not just saying that because he's my spawn. I was blessed with two super great kids. Shit like this small town political bullshit makes me want to... something!! Grr!