supernal

General chat thread

1 hour ago, Ace said:

Yeah, I mean, an internal bookmarking would be convenient though because browser bookmarks tend to get big and messy. nbd - like I said, that just reminded me. 

That first part was me just being cheeky. The second was my actual suggestion. I don’t know if the developers would ever put something in like that because people can bookmark in browsers and forum software isn’t met to meet all internetting needs but I’ll look for a mod because I’m sure you aren’t the only person to have said “know what’d be nice?” 

27 minutes ago, supernal said:

That first part was me just being cheeky. The second was my actual suggestion. I don’t know if the developers would ever put something in like that because people can bookmark in browsers and forum software isn’t met to meet all internetting needs but I’ll look for a mod because I’m sure you aren’t the only person to have said “know what’d be nice?” 

We gud~ 

Appreciate the forward. In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep a sticky note open on my desktop because if I bookmark something I tend to never look at it again lol 

14 minutes ago, Ace said:

We gud~ 

Appreciate the forward. In the meantime, I'm just gonna keep a sticky note open on my desktop because if I bookmark something I tend to never look at it again lol 

What about something like Pocket?

10 minutes ago, supernal said:

What about something like Pocket?

Sheeeet.... Why, why haven't I gotten a new Pocket since getting a new gmail. Clean bookmark slate! I'm really asking! 

BRB, I have an extension to install. 

Meanwhile... at the cardboard box fortress. 

Not plotting anything at all. Nothing at all 😉

I don’t really go on other forum sites, roleplay or otherwise, or media sites with community chat as a feature, so I can’t speak to many.

But, now and then, I’ll check out IGN articles where people can comment. I’ll check out some youtube videos and see what people have to say about it. I’ll check a game review site and see what people have to say about it. There’s a never ending pattern with these comments that I instinctively know what to expect among the first few I read.

Absolute toxicity.

Good gosh darn it. Bickering, flaming, ranting, insulting, you name it. I can’t stand it. Thus, I barely even visit comments elsewhere.

But I have been to other message board sites like ours. Certainly, there’s a greater emphasis on moderating what is said: the focus of such sites is member comminication. And it shows.

So, while Valucre is not alone, I am most grateful of how welcoming and friendly people are around here. I don’t visit every thread or every board, but how many ‘incidents’ are recorded involving member antagonism? A year? A month? A week? A day? I don’t need to know that number to know how low it must be.

Valucreans know why they come here. They know why they want to stay. And it shows. Against a net of toxic comments beyond our home, Valucre is a haven, and I thank its leaders and its members and, most of all, its jumjum cakes.

peace be with us and long live the hotdog hegemony

On 2/11/2019 at 3:55 PM, Alexei said:

Once more into the fray.

So we meet again, my old friend.

On 2/11/2019 at 4:13 PM, Aleksei said:

I am, I am!

Currently a full time mom and a full time student. Getting my degree in accounting at the minute =D

And congrats on the pupppyyy!!

Ayyyy. Raise dat pup (child obviously.) I absolutely cannot remember what you were going to college for :D I was busy the last two days because end of work week than an interview, so I haven't had time to look at a single thread. x.x Got anything you might recommend that's more easy going, not too far along?