Jump to content
supernal

General chat thread

Recommended Posts

Just now, Avvercus said:

I've always preferred small-scale, more personal, character to character stories myself.

Actually, I suppose I just prefer stories that are character driven rather than plot driven.

I believe with the middle ground that these medium group conflicts provide, there is space for both intimate 1 on 1 character stories as well as epic and expansive stories, which makes them the best of both worlds really; personal inter-character actions lead to sweeping plot events which is cooooool 😄 that's what I aim for with House Hildebrand and the Yanaihara Clan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, vielle said:

I believe with the middle ground that these medium group conflicts provide, there is space for both intimate 1 on 1 character stories as well as epic and expansive stories, which makes them the best of both worlds really; personal inter-character actions lead to sweeping plot events which is cooooool 😄 that's what I aim for with House Hildebrand and the Yanaihara Clan!

word word word

1x1 and larger scale were options. And they all got hits so it isn't like 100% of people prefer one option 100% of the time. But the mid-size got the most votes probably specifically for that reason, it plants you in the middle and you can step up or down your engagement 

It's all about balancing those spices 

That and some sort of baked in recognition which is why the "groups" that spring out of some sort of nobility background tend to take off running. Survey indicates that some sort of Fame/Recognition was the most sought after reward 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Grubbistch said:

Anyone interested in talking about crypto currency? I've been dipping my toes in it ever since I got an app that's been allowing me to get some cheap coins by watching videos.

Sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well personally I think it's a fairly good idea. A decentralized currency that you can send anywhere in minutes sounds pretty great. My only thing is like how will these different currencies be legitimate? What is it giving them value?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grubbistch said:

Well personally I think it's a fairly good idea. A decentralized currency that you can send anywhere in minutes sounds pretty great. My only thing is like how will these different currencies be legitimate? What is it giving them value?

This depends on the currency but in many cases the money is "fiat" and backed by the institution that provides it. In the case of a country that's the country's government, which is why you may be fine getting crypto from X government but not crypto from Y government if you believe that Y is unstable/unable/unwilling to provide you with funds if you cash them out. An example would be Russia's pending oil-backed crypto and how much you're willing to trust Russia to make good on their crypto promises 

With cryptos that aren't backed by something like that, like bitcoin, it basically has "market value", which means that like art it's really only worth what people are willing to pay for it. This is why it takes such huge swings in value and why many advise not putting more into it and other forms of crypto than you are willing to just flat out lose 

That's my understanding. Anyone else can shed more light or course correct as needed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the crypto market can seem a lot like a stock market. A lot of the vocabulary matches up with each other from what I've seen. I view it as a means of expanding my portfolio while also learning about it, like when I got the Acorns app so I could learn more about the stock market.

Man its really incredible how these little phone apps are providing an in to these complex institutions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grubbistch said:

Yeah the crypto market can seem a lot like a stock market. A lot of the vocabulary matches up with each other from what I've seen. I view it as a means of expanding my portfolio while also learning about it, like when I got the Acorns app so I could learn more about the stock market.

Man its really incredible how these little phone apps are providing an in to these complex institutions. 

Well it is "crypto currency" so not surprised. But a lot of people say that the most value we'll get from the blockchain won't be in the currency arena

Also just as a little side note "little phone app" can be a bit of a misleading way to think about it. Now that there is highly scalable and highly elastic cloud infrastructure, a little phone app can scale up to handle staggering amounts of traffic, of storage, and can even leverage data analysis (data warehouse and data lakes and usages of hadoop clusters) and natural language processing to train bots on, etc etc etc. It may only be 5MB on your phone but that's just a window connecting to a much bigger house 

Think of the gmail app vs google's servers for example 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, supernal said:

@Grubbistch

What/how much crypto do you get for watching videos? 

They give you five hundred coins for every video over six minutes I think and a TV-TWO coin is worth one thousand of these coins. It pays out at 50k coins, putting 50 TV-TWO coins at a minimum into your digital wallet and from what I see every 50 is worth about 20 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grubbistch said:

They give you five hundred coins for every video over six minutes I think and a TV-TWO coin is worth one thousand of these coins. It pays out at 50k coins, putting 50 TV-TWO coins at a minimum into your digital wallet and from what I see every 50 is worth about 20 cents.

Is the appreciation value of any of these publicly available? Like is 20 cents now forecasted to be worth more in a year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unpopular opinion but I feel like we, the Valucre community, could have written a much better season eight for Game of Thrones.
I'm convinced that D&D was playing D&D while writing the scripts. Ideas were there, just poorly executed and that's the tea.

Edited by elixir
at least i can go to bed early on sundays now - said no one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...