supernal

General chat thread

10 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

There was once when I was donating blood and they couldn’t stick the needle in correctly after several tries, and they finally got it. After a couple minutes they realized it’s not flowing into the bag. They lifted the gauze that they put over my arm (the gauze is there presumably not to scare you I think), and then saw that I was bleeding internally - the whole area on my arm was bulging with liquid, holy shit that looked scary. But anyway they bandaged me up and sent me off. Left a massive bruise later ?

Haven’t managed to donate since, iron’s always a little too low. For the times I managed to donate previously, my iron just hits the mark too.

Found out later on that I’m a thalessemia gene carrier - my red blood cells are smaller than normal, but I produce a hell lot of it to make up, so it’s not a health problem, but my iron levels are consistently lower than average, and so I’ve given up trying to donate blood xD

Luckily every time I donated blood, the person working the needle had great aim. You could adjust your diet for better iron though. Lots of veggies can give you a boost.

7 hours ago, jaistlyn said:

LOL AI generated story - worth a laugh ?Can we recruit the AI to Val? ?

One, Supernal actually talked about if it would be possible to get an AI to write posts. Our conclusion was, "It'll be the epoch of explosions." (I'll explain later)

Two, I'm fucking down for spaceship day.

All friends should be forced to experience great misfortune in order to grow as a person.

3 hours ago, Praetorian said:

One, Supernal actually talked about if it would be possible to get an AI to write posts. Our conclusion was, "It'll be the epoch of explosions." (I'll explain later)

Yes, highly awaiting the explanation ?

So Obelus is all about a secret cabal of meta humans who are secretly ruling the world and Grand Mainframe is all about overthrowing the current world order and installing something more fair than what we have now.

Others have probably figured it out by now, but I find it rather interesting. Maybe one day I won't be so busy with life that I'll be able to Crack this mystery. 

36 minutes ago, supernal said:

To the people I saw talking about fonts 

Thoughts on Courage? Design wise, not the sticker price 

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/positype/courage/

Tag whoever I missed! 

@Csl @elixir @Tyler

I guess it's fine for its niche (I'm entirely sure what that niche is, I'm sure there is one), but it's not something I would use, to be honest. Though, that's probably just my quasi-OCD need for symmetry and simplicity (which makes biased in favor of blockier fonts like Arial, Futura, Helvetica, Trebuchet MS, Myriad Pro, Century Gothic, etc).

2 hours ago, supernal said:

Tag whoever I missed! 

@Csl @elixir @Tyler

I guess it's okay for a 70's vibe, but like Tyler, it's not my cup of tea. I would use agent or nouvelle vague instead.
Plus, they're f-free.

Edited by elixir
unless this was about something different then joke's on me

3 hours ago, supernal said:

Tag whoever I missed! 

@Csl @elixir @Tyler

It's cute for posters and postcards, not really something I'd use for val-related stuff unless I was making an interest check for a beach resort (which may happen in the future, idk)

Here's a good resource for fonts - if you click in to each of the google fonts, they show you some font pairings too. I reference Typewolf sometimes when selecting a font (for work), the ebook he sells on typography is tempting but much too expensive O.O

https://www.typewolf.com/google-fonts

Testing Raleway font hereeeeeee

(guess it only works on Chrome on PC without importing haha)

Edited by jaistlyn

We’ll have to do another round of tests once the next site update also updates the editor 

This is ckeditor so I can maybe be persuaded to add (if it’s easy - never looked at it before) some additional font support since that seems to be something people care about 

Expansion of typography would be a nice addition, a few tasteful selections. 'Courage'... as mentioned above would be better suited towards posters advertising beach condos or perhaps a yard sale. That said, certain IC events might be right up that alley lol. It's nicely uniform for a grotesque typeface, minimal counter-space, just very kitschy. It would be uncomfortable for reading much more than a headline or two. It's not so far gone as Mesquite. ?