Grimshar

An Iron Grip - Mid Fantasy/Magitech RP in Aelindra

Hello all.

I've started a thread in Aelindra, the sole purpose of which is to steal a prototype for my character. My plans for the thread are pretty low key, and open to everyone. I imagine there will be some infiltration, some fighting, and a speedy exit from the town (see: fleeing from the authorities). For a more in depth breakdown of what I plan on doing please scroll to the bottom, otherwise, here are some keywords to give you an idea of what this thread will be like.

• Cooperative storytelling
  • Mid level fantasy, with Magitech.
  • Mild Powers (important!)
  • Casual
  • Thieving/Heists
  • Low Impact - no/minimal killing, emphasis on low property destruction.
  • Strategic - Not just a fight, I hope.

If you are interested, check it out, here is a link. Otherwise keep reading below if I haven't captivated your interest yet.

This thread is open to all, but will be low/no turn order. I wanted to try a new format, I will be the 'anchor' so to speak. I'll be posting a minimum of once every three (3) days, sometimes more often (but no more than once a day). Everyone and anyone else who would like to participate is encouraged to post in between these times, pushing the story or interacting with characters however they want. I think this might either provide an interesting freedom of choice and action, and I can bring everything back together to drive the story when necessary. My only request is that you don't post multiple times between my own posts, to prevent the thread from derailing, or stepping on other people who want to participate. No runaway trains here.

From what I have read on Aelindra I imagine it to be a rather modern city, bustling with an enormous amount of people, and driving innovation. My character, Tad, has come to Aelindra in search of a piece of prototype technology. He is resolved to stay in the town until he has taken it by any means necessary. He plans to first steal the security plans for the building that he wants to burgle, followed by burgling the building itself, and finally escaping with the prototype. Since this will be illegal activity, our characters will be actively hunted by the town guard, and unable to use any of the more regulated means of public transportation, such as crossroads, airships, etc. So long as nobody kills anyone, the risk should be pretty minimal, no risk of character death. Mild powers are required for this thread, preferably the lower end of mild powers to keep things interesting. Magitech is more than welcome.

Since I will be posting on a regular basis, and anyone can join at any part of the adventure, anyone who shows up will be part of my characters premeditated plan. This is just to help gloss over any awkward timings and introductions, that way we can keep the story flowing. Nothing like joining in the middle of fleeing the town guard to make things awkward/difficult to write. If you need or want to leave, feel free to write yourself out, anybody who doesn't return will be assumed to have contributed their part to the plan and have returned to whatever they were doing before. Again, this is just to keep things flowing. I'm not a fan of when threads start to stagnate as you wait on one person who might have another obligation or doesn't have time to post for a while.

• Genre: Mid-Fantasy/Magitech.
  • Idea: Stealing a prototype from a heavily guarded building.
  • FAQs: None yet.

Feel free to post any questions, as I am sure I have missed some detail or made something unclear, or jump on into the thread. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Edited by Grimshar