supernal

Don't stop me now - Terrenus civil war, phase 3

Since it's been a while since all of this has started and not everyone has been involved in all phases, here is a little refresher.

Phase 1 of the civil war touched on complex issues in terms of Terran society, most notably technological unemployment and the governmental regulation of magic. This phase also saw, unrelated to the first string of events, the Lightning Rail and Warp Gate mass transit systems go offline, and the Shawnee Glacier extending its frosty reach over a majority of the Wastelands. The face of Terrenus changed physically and culturally.

Phase 2, the one which just concluded, introduced a number of factions over the face of the nation. What a faction is and how they came to power was left to the players to define with the only real parameter being a set amount of land. In terms of practical example a 'faction' as defined here has ranged from a criminal enterprise on one end, to a war between two species vying for dominance on the other end.

Meanwhile Empire has had to deal with the aftermath of the loss of major transit systems and civil unrest in major metropoles, the internal geopolitical landscape has shifted; porous borders dividing regions with ascendant territories are settling into place.

Phase 3 is about solidifying those lines and establishing a shifting hierarchical order in reach region. As each faction grows according to the options detailed below, faction leaders must decide whether to isolate themselves from the complex dynamics bubbling up around them, ally with a neighbor, or go to war.

# # #

The end of phase 2 concludes with every faction claiming and making sovereign a plot of land 25 square miles in size. This is a little larger than Manhattan's 22 square miles, which I bring up only because I know it seems small but it's plenty of land to work with. Every faction will also be given a dot on the Terrenus map and a tag in the Wilds board, things which would require several hundreds of posts of canonized activity otherwise. So you made the right call by being awesome and seeing this through to the end, whoo!

When phase 3 ends, all factions will grow to 250 square miles as a baseline regardless of the option selected, and the dominant faction will be considered the regional ruler.

If you win, this rule will not be absolute, unequivocal or omnipotent, and securing this rule and the logistics behind that will require roleplay. That's what it's all about! Pre-existing areas (Selemath, Predator's Keep, any of the established cities or settings, etc) still belong to whoever owns or manages them. This is more about your area's potential for growth, access to resources, political interactions with surrounding kingdoms, etc.

Inactive factions at the end of this phase will be removed from the map and tag system. Active factions will retain both for a year as of the completion of the phase regardless of activity, after which they will be audited for utilization.

Unlike the other two phases, phase 3 is continuous. This means that factions will always be able to form new alliances or conduct new warfare, to establish new regional leaders as a consequence, though will not automatically come with growth mechanics. Those will need to be 1x1 conversations as the circumstances demand, but the idea is that there will always be some level of conflict and interaction, hopefully for years to come with many different people.

# # #

New deadline for completion: 2019-01-01

You may choose one, and only one, of the below options. Each option requires 1+ page to complete. PM me your selection privately so it doesn't influence the selection of those around you and when I have all votes, I'll post them. I'll be available to help with any advertisement and management of the event as well.

1. Hold: You cannot be attacked but also cannot attack. Examples include but are not limited to: harvesting and farming, detailing new construction, throwing a festival to celebrate something cool and showcase your faction's growth.
    • Factions who finished early and have completed the requisite activity get 20 sq. mi. Bonus and can choose any option
  1. Ally: The collaborative solution. Examples include faction leaders making a trade deal or a cultural exchange. You gain an additional 50 sq. mi.
    • One faction leader must still be designated as "chairman" - how this decision is arrived at is up to players.
  2. War: The competitive solution. But even competition is collaborative around here, so this is going to use MOBS! Going to war with a faction necessitates 3 separate threads (no limit to amount of players), with the victor determined by random roll, and a campaign staged out as the roleplay. Each win gets you an additional 15% of your total land holdings. Each loss costs you 15%. You can exchange a total loss for an IC tribute for 1 calendar year in whatever form or currency is valued by your faction.

What I need from you now:

• A copy of the Terrenus map with an X over where you want your faction in your region so that I can update the landing page map. MS Paint or whatever is fine
  • 3-5 sentences for each section of this faction template, which is a slightly modified "general landing page" from the user lore. I'm basically seeking to standardize the layout of the information as well as give people a template to use that don't already have one
    • Post these in User Lore for the time being, until I figure out how I want to host your pages, then send me those links here or in PM so that I can update the landing page with a link to your faction
    • I'm willing to take suggestions on modifications to it

LORE

THREADS

Edited by supernal

@Jotnotes @Generic Perfection @FirePenguinDiscoPanda

@Vansin @Raspberry LA 

@danzilla3 @desolate

@EpicRome23 - has graciously agreed to move his faction into one of the already occupied zones, the Orange zone with Danzilla and Desolate, to allow for better opportunity for interaction 

If anyone has any questions I'm around!

Edited by supernal

Although they didn't post here, like rubes and yokels, I got placement information from the following:

• Raspberry LA
  • Vansin
  • Jotnotes
  • Generic Perfection
  • Firepenguindiscopanda

Waiting on the rest, also remember to let me know which option you choose. So far I only have concrete confirmations from Raspberry and Vansin

I'll have the Skarr faction page up today sometime, as well as an interest check for the upcoming thread.

The Skaven (seeing as they're the only 'dominant' force in their zone.) are ---

Edited by supernal

2 minutes ago, Jotnotes said:

I'll have the Skarr faction page up today sometime, as well as an interest check for the upcoming thread.

The Skaven (seeing as they're the only 'dominant' force in their zone.) are ---

Since there are factions in your region please PM me your disposition so your choice doesn't influence theirs 

The Skarr clan are a united band of smaller Skaven clans. Once bound together as part of a grand Triad, the destruction of their home has broken their ranks. Though they will recover in time, the Skarr must confront the surface-dwelling races, and carve a place for themselves in the wartorn lands of Terrenus.

Edited by Jotnotes

@Raspberry LA @Jotnotes @FirePenguinDiscoPanda @Vansin @EpicRome23

Your factions have been added to the now updated Terrenus landing page map and tags for your factions have been added to the Wilds. This latter is in no particular order and will be alphabetized when I get everyone's info

Those who have already produced lore/landing pages for their factions will find those threads moved to the Wilds and tagged shortly