supernal

Terran military chatter v.2

Just now, jaistlyn said:

@supernal #137 is perfect for Cadmium and Delistair to work on that anti magic equipment thing we talked about in the celebrations!

YAS

I forgot about that actually or . . . or maybe I didn't and this is my subconscious keeping me honest

I think his diplomacy thread in Amalia is going to be coming to a close "soon". I can hit you up after to see if you're avail for that?

We have a case of mistaken identity involving @Last Magician 

Someone by the name of Julius Aldoid was arrested years ago for some <shenanigans> in Blairville, but that was just an impersonator

Or maybe a clerical error

Or maybe a now-defunct conspiracy to besmirch Julius's reputation

It can be any and all of these! The point is that I'd like to have some military personnel come out of Langley to investigate the fireworks some random Person is firing off "nearby"

Does this interest anyone present?

Guest TheMinecrafter

Yo. Can I put Stormbreaker in the military? 

Guest TheMinecrafter

No I don't think so. Only certain people know about this character. I can PM you more details if your interested. 

I’m wondering, what’s the punishment for using military resources for personal interests? Specifically, using confidential information to locate a building, and then infiltrating said building to copy out information onto a military storage device without permission.

If caught, of course. Delistair is doing that right now, but timeline-wise this was done before he became an officer, and I’m just thinking if it would be interesting for him to be caught in the future.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:58 PM, jaistlyn said:

I’m wondering, what’s the punishment for using military resources for personal interests? Specifically, using confidential information to locate a building, and then infiltrating said building to copy out information onto a military storage device without permission.

If caught, of course. Delistair is doing that right now, but timeline-wise this was done before he became an officer, and I’m just thinking if it would be interesting for him to be caught in the future.

So this would be the equivalent of say logging into a police terminal and using it to look up say credit card information to locate someone (a building in this case), but for a personal interest rather than in pursuit of a crime 

And then in that building copying information onto say the equivalent of a military grade encrypted flash drive?

Was / is the motive vengeance, profit, justice, etc?

Question, and I do apologize if it's been answered, but that's a hell of a lot of reading to backtrack through on top of reading all the relevant military articles: So is there any particular equipment rundowns? At most I've been able to figure out that there are some sections of the military which specialize in specific weapons, systems, and scenarios, but they never really explain what specific tools and weapons. For example, I intend to make a Sniper, but I have no idea what the limitations to firepower here are, or what the weapons in Terrenus are really based on if anything at all. Like, could Christian(my character) use, say, a good ol' Tac-338 or a .308 WinMag? what about what is essentially a mini 'Railrifle', sending metal through the barrel and downrange via EMF's a la a railgun. what about armor? And what about body armor? Would they get MOLLE body armor vests similar to SEALS and similar forces combat gear? Is it entirely up to us within reason? I'm sure magic could make all of this junk possible anyway, but I want to know exactly what is the base here so I don't go ruining whatever theme you guys have established. Is most of the military 'sword and board' style, or are firearms heavily incorporated? 

As an aside, I was interested in seeing what is the equivalent of a SEALs branch here. For all intents and purposes I saw the Peacekeepers as 'the most elite fighting force' in Terrenus, if not all of Valucre, therefore making them the defacto seal squad. But I noticed that in function peacekeepers are something of a cross between a politician and a soldier. So i wanted to know if I could maybe write up something for this super elite branch that would in essence be considered Special Forces, more or less.