supernal

Terran military chatter v.2

Roleplayer guild is super easy to navigate and so is Solvitur Charta 

It’s just hard to find all this stuff cuz there’s so much and i have no idea where it is or what I need and again where is all of it it’s mostly just cuz I’m new I think, this ones actually not that bad. Having to scroll to the top of the screen to get to the task bar is annoying

12 minutes ago, Unicorgi said:

Make sure to post in the base thread! My character just interacted with yours!

I'm sorry, I usually don't like to follow HUB threads due to the potential of a lot of unrelated posts so it would be great if you can tag me in whatever post you make while interacting with me. I'll post in the hub thread in a bit. 

11 minutes ago, supernal said:

I do have an idea and it can serve for danzilla too! If you check the last page of canon updates (am mobile but let me know if you need a link) you’ll see some updates about a miss blonde, a criminal org head. Following up on that with anything ranging from investigating and putting dossier together we can hand to Operations to actively tracking the criminal yourself would be neat 

That does sound interesting, would there be any particular reason for the military to get involved in the incident or would it just be general investigation to uncover and expose a possible threat to the national security?

16 minutes ago, Moon Owl said:

I'm sorry, I usually don't like to follow HUB threads due to the potential of a lot of unrelated posts so it would be great if you can tag me in whatever post you make while interacting with me. I'll post in the hub thread in a bit. 

That does sound interesting, would there be any particular reason for the military to get involved in the incident or would it just be general investigation to uncover and expose a possible threat to the national security?

The military is basically the national policing force. They can get involved just by the fact that it's a crime, like when you see in cop shows when the FBI shows up because a case happens to be interesting enough and the local police are like "fucking feds" or "yay feds!" 

FIST = federal investigative services of terrenus

Blonde has stolen some kind of rare material from a local crime family in last chance, harvested resources off of legendary creatures in the Wild, so just those two points may be of interest to FIST from a "what are they using all this stuff for? and at least 1/2 of these were illegal" but in a third thread in ponkapoag lake she stole a bunch of children from a community to coerce them into mining basically

So yeah, plenty of particular reasons for the military to get involved with the general activity of investigating Blonde, yeah? All of this available on the last 2 pages of the canon updates. You can just Find for Blonde if it helps narrow it down

Edited by supernal

32 minutes ago, supernal said:

The military is basically the national policing force. They can get involved just by the fact that it's a crime, like when you see in cop shows when the FBI shows up because a case happens to be interesting enough and the local police are like "fucking feds" or "yay feds!" 

FIST = federal investigative services of terrenus

Blonde has stolen some kind of rare material from a local crime family in last chance, harvested resources off of legendary creatures in the Wild, so just those two points may be of interest to FIST from a "what are they using all this stuff for? and at least 1/2 of these were illegal" but in a third thread in ponkapoag lake she stole a bunch of children from a community to coerce them into mining basically

So yeah, plenty of particular reasons for the military to get involved with the general activity of investigating Blonde, yeah? All of this available on the last 2 pages of the canon updates. You can just Find for Blonde if it helps narrow it down

Alright, that's cool. Thanks for the context regarding the jurisdiction of the FIST and the military in general. 

@Unicorgi @danzilla3

Let me know if anyone (or both) of you would be interested in initiating a investigation of the Miss Blonde incident. 

Guest TheMinecrafter

[wrong place]

Edited by TheMinecrafter

11 hours ago, supernal said:

You're welcome!

I'd be super interested to know if reviewing that thread actually does end up helping / answering your question. Just a quick validation check when you have the time 

So, for my personal venture, I didn't get what I needed from the Canon Updates thread. All that means is that I was of course looking for some Call of Duty records and the vast majority of those canon updates weren't about military conflicts, battles, etc. Granted, I didn't go beyond the summaries.

All that means is that, if I I'm looking for oranges in a fruit basket filled with apples, peaches, pears and grapes, but no oranges, then I'm looking in the wrong basket! But there's still plenty of delicious fruit in that basket.

So, beyond my personal venture, going through those canon updates in general seemed pretty useful. I did like the detail on locations getting removed and other location updates, as well as expressive acknowledgment of user accomplishments, tying in with canon, as with Norkotia. Was also interesting to scope out the Civil War stuff and, again, some of the canon thread summaries just in general were interesting. Turning someone into a rug caught my eye. xD

So I hope that made sense.
Useful for me as far as the exact item I was looking for? Not really. But that leads me to the next phase: the useful responses I've already received in this thread, some leisurely board searches, and ultimately just winging something sensible that may not tie into a canon event.

Useful in general, for finding answers to other questions? I reckon so, mister.

4 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

So, for my personal venture, I didn't get what I needed from the Canon Updates thread. All that means is that I was of course looking for some Call of Duty records and the vast majority of those canon updates weren't about military conflicts, battles, etc. Granted, I didn't go beyond the summaries.

All that means is that, if I I'm looking for oranges in a fruit basket filled with apples, peaches, pears and grapes, but no oranges, then I'm looking in the wrong basket! But there's still plenty of delicious fruit in that basket.

So, beyond my personal venture, going through those canon updates in general seemed pretty useful. I did like the detail on locations getting removed and other location updates, as well as expressive acknowledgment of user accomplishments, tying in with canon, as with Norkotia. Was also interesting to scope out the Civil War stuff and, again, some of the canon thread summaries just in general were interesting. Turning someone into a rug caught my eye. xD

So I hope that made sense.
Useful for me as far as the exact item I was looking for? Not really. But that leads me to the next phase: the useful responses I've already received in this thread, some leisurely board searches, and ultimately just winging something sensible that may not tie into a canon event.

Useful in general, for finding answers to other questions? I reckon so, mister.

It didn’t occur to me until just now (my b!) but if you check the military hierarchy thread on the first post and go to personnel you can see all the threads any given character was involved in a military capacity. Some of them may be too old to be relevant but how would I know that? Either way that’s a good starting point for “canonized military centric threads”, each coming with their own summaries too 

Let’s see if that helps 

1 hour ago, supernal said:

It didn’t occur to me until just now (my b!) but if you check the military hierarchy thread on the first post and go to personnel you can see all the threads any given character was involved in a military capacity. Some of them may be too old to be relevant but how would I know that? Either way that’s a good starting point for “canonized military centric threads”, each coming with their own summaries too 

Let’s see if that helps 

Wow found a thread from 2011!

Found a thread I was in that I forgot I was in. Those Meddling Kids! That was fun.

I think the Ignatz Incident caught my eye. There's a focus on terrorists, which is kinda what I had in mind, and though it's from 2016 there's this opportunity:

1. Operatives of the terrorist cell are still at large and need to be brought to justice.

I wonder if I can "backstory" this to say that my char was sent to weed one of those operatives out (a brief backstory, more a loose mention than anything), just to have something 'canon' to reference. Doesn't even need to be a successful capture.

That would be my selling point right now as it stands. That's really all I need too!

Again, this was good help. It helps to help. THE SYSTEM WORKS.

8 hours ago, Moon Owl said:

Alright, that's cool. Thanks for the context regarding the jurisdiction of the FIST and the military in general. 

@Unicorgi @danzilla3

Let me know if anyone (or both) of you would be interested in initiating a investigation of the Miss Blonde incident. 

I'm in!

7 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

Found a thread I was in that I forgot I was in. Those Meddling Kids! That was fun.

I think the Ignatz Incident caught my eye. There's a focus on terrorists, which is kinda what I had in mind, and though it's from 2016 there's this opportunity:

1. Operatives of the terrorist cell are still at large and need to be brought to justice.

I wonder if I can "backstory" this to say that my char was sent to weed one of those operatives out (a brief backstory, more a loose mention than anything), just to have something 'canon' to reference. Doesn't even need to be a successful capture.

That would be my selling point right now as it stands. That's really all I need too!

Good! I’m glad that both threads / indexes provided something fruitful 

Anyway I approve of your reference!

8 hours ago, Die Shize said:

Need/want help?

1 hour ago, danzilla3 said:

I get cookies too? Definitely in!

And some more oranges (or whatever these fruitsies are)

EXCELLENT

Wait.

What are you in for again..?

Helping me with my military combat research?

Or with mah quest?

If my quest then I'm maxed out unless someone drops out. But it's going to be a continuous roleplay, so after the ~2 page thread I'll be looking for additional help.

It's set in Last Chance well after this terrorist thing and, if I have my way with management's blessing (yet to be revealed to them), then it's going to be big.

22 minutes ago, Die Shize said:

And some more oranges (or whatever these fruitsies are)

EXCELLENT

Wait.

What are you in for again..?

Helping me with my military combat research?

Or with mah quest?

If my quest then I'm maxed out unless someone drops out. But it's going to be a continuous roleplay, so after the ~2 page thread I'll be looking for additional help.

It's set in Last Chance well after this terrorist thing and, if I have my way with management's blessing (yet to be revealed to them), then it's going to be big.

What's the research thread about? Would I get promoted for doing it?

Otherwise, I'll wait until you need additional help.