supernal

Terran military chatter v.2

15 minutes ago, danzilla3 said:

What's the research thread about? Would I get promoted for doing it?

Otherwise, I'll wait until you need additional help. 

Nah I just mean my endeavor to absorb Terran military lore to give myself a mental foundation lol, but so far I’ve got some nice resources. Not anything to roleplay out.

I’ll keep you logged for when the occasion comes. I prefer having names I can appeal to down the road versus random reach-outs!

Two events will happen shortly that some of you may be interested in.

1. Caeceila Glasmann, a member of the Hell's Gate nobility and a Terrenus Military Contractor, will attempt to contact Michael Commager (@amenities), Steel Metireal (@supernal), Cadmium Metireal, and "The Bubble" in order to schedule a meeting with the stated purpose of "addressing public fears concerning the Enrele pandemic."  In reality, the intent of this meeting is to develop a strategy to eradicate all Enrele lifeforms in the vicinity of Hell's Gate and install countermeasures to prevent re-contamination of the metropolis, including the possibility of quarantining the city indefinitely.  While Caeceila is attempting to contact the individuals listed above specifically, the Terrenus Military may send other approved individuals to this conference.  Biological screening, within reason, is mandatory for attendance and will be detailed IC.
  2. Caeceila's forces will soon begin erecting a barrier surrounding the Glasmann Estate to further partition it from the city at large and restrict travel through this barricaded area.

Oh gee. I'm three out of four of those prospective peeps

I'm very interested in joining in on any of these storylines but will be limited by time availability. I'm putting this as the next one in my personal queue and when one (or ideally two) of my current threads get wrapped up this one is going in its place. I can't say when that is though so that's not a request to hold anything up on my behalf, just saying that although the spirit is willing the flesh is weak

I will, however, be around for OOC stuff, answering questions, course-correcting conversation where it may be required, perhaps giving strategic officer-level guidance to the troops who are actually boots-on-the-ground, until I can join in proper; for both the military and the enrele side of things

To anyone else from the military that may be interested in this - I highly recommend it. Alexandrian is a pleasure to write with, Caeceila is hilarious (ly effective) and any such activity will of course count towards your military promotions

On 9/24/2019 at 7:17 AM, The Alexandrian said:

Two events will happen shortly that some of you may be interested in.

1. Caeceila Glasmann, a member of the Hell's Gate nobility and a Terrenus Military Contractor, will attempt to contact Michael Commager (@amenities), Steel Metireal (@supernal), Cadmium Metireal, and "The Bubble" in order to schedule a meeting with the stated purpose of "addressing public fears concerning the Enrele pandemic."  In reality, the intent of this meeting is to develop a strategy to eradicate all Enrele lifeforms in the vicinity of Hell's Gate and install countermeasures to prevent re-contamination of the metropolis, including the possibility of quarantining the city indefinitely.  While Caeceila is attempting to contact the individuals listed above specifically, the Terrenus Military may send other approved individuals to this conference.  Biological screening, within reason, is mandatory for attendance and will be detailed IC.
  2. Caeceila's forces will soon begin erecting a barrier surrounding the Glasmann Estate to further partition it from the city at large and restrict travel through this barricaded area.

I would definitely be down for both of these.