Aleksei

Renovatio AMA

3 minutes ago, Hurttoto said:

Hmm

Lets start with...

What type of super weapons are allowed on renovatio?

Is sea oil extraction legal?

I'm no Renovatio authority but since you asked me a similar question I'm curious - what's the extraction method? Fracking?

7 minutes ago, Hurttoto said:

Hmm

Lets start with...

What type of super weapons are allowed on renovatio?

Is sea oil extraction legal?

What is your definition of super weapons? If you give me an idea of what exactly you have in mind, that will help me give you an appropriate answer. 

Something to keep in mind about Renovatio is that it's very "green" - recycling, planting trees, keeping nature all natural. Nothing goes to waste and people would be less than enthused if any sort of misuse happens in Renovatio. Supernal asked an appropriate question, so do enlighten me on the extraction method and where exactly this would be happening. Renovatio is a floating island that's surrounded by clouds; the bodies of water in Renovatio are mostly rivers, lakes, and streams.

There is a landmass beneath Reno, that landmass would have more control over the surrounding waters. 

8 hours ago, Aleksei said:

What is your definition of super weapons? If you give me an idea of what exactly you have in mind, that will help me give you an appropriate answer. 

Something to keep in mind about Renovatio is that it's very "green" - recycling, planting trees, keeping nature all natural. Nothing goes to waste and people would be less than enthused if any sort of misuse happens in Renovatio. Supernal asked an appropriate question, so do enlighten me on the extraction method and where exactly this would be happening. Renovatio is a floating island that's surrounded by clouds; the bodies of water in Renovatio are mostly rivers, lakes, and streams.

There is a landmass beneath Reno, that landmass would have more control over the surrounding waters. 

Of course none of it goes to waste.

And yes I should acknowledge that its a green clean environment ment. 

In the case if super weapons I was thinking like an atom bomb or a laser or a titan monster thats actually a pacifist.

Things like those 

8 hours ago, supernal said:

I'm no Renovatio authority but since you asked me a similar question I'm curious - what's the extraction method? Fracking?

Yes is sea bed fracking.

7 minutes ago, Hurttoto said:

Of course none of it goes to waste.

And yes I should acknowledge that its a green clean environment ment. 

Well, let me be clear: while there is a usefulness set aside for fracking, what is affected by doing so must be rectified. 

Because we will be operating in a very magical place if you were to go fracking about, what would the process be? Would you still use chemicals in the process or would you find another way to do away with the use of harmful chemicals? Why would you want to go through this process? 

Where exactly would you do this? And how would you prevent any pollution incidents that could occur?

8 minutes ago, Hurttoto said:

In the case if super weapons I was thinking like an atom bomb or a laser or a titan monster thats actually a pacifist.

Things like such are completely fine. They aren't unusual (Renovatio has Mechs, so.) but if it's found that such weaponry is being used aside from protecting Reno, then there will be problems. 

5 minutes ago, Aleksei said:

Well, let me be clear: while there is a usefulness set aside for fracking, what is affected by doing so must be rectified. 

Because we will be operating in a very magical place if you were to go fracking about, what would the process be? Would you still use chemicals in the process or would you find another way to do away with the use of harmful chemicals? Why would you want to go through this process? 

Well to start the pumps have oil slick walls surrounding it to pervent any of the oil from (incase of spilling) polluting the waters (plus the rig itself is really small as the platform is on acts as a primary barrier)

The proccess would Basicly work by using a combination of filling the hole with pressure and using gravity generators to keep the oil in line.

As for chemicals Lexdord's oil extractors dont require chemicals nor water  to operate at all, it only needs power as the chemicals would both be harmful and eventully expensive to make.

The reason for the oil in the first place is actully to grow a certian crystalline plant known as Buborium which just happens to grow best and in greatest quality when grown in oil.

Usally it would require a carbon rich pach of dirt.

Basicly its used to ether power things, it happens to also be a main ingredient for powerful rocket fuel

And it can be used to make bombs.

On a smaller note its used in potions and has regular demand for those that use it.

I made the bio for buborioum months ago but I cant find it...

Does this mean there are companies in Renovatio that produce petroleum refinement equipment and offshore drilling platforms? I have a character that wants to build a refinery on Ursa Madeum and may find the larger oilfield offshore that the House Uldwar oil sites may be drawing from.

On 7/26/2018 at 10:26 AM, Hurttoto said:

Well to start the pumps have oil slick walls surrounding it to pervent any of the oil from (incase of spilling) polluting the waters (plus the rig itself is really small as the platform is on acts as a primary barrier)

The proccess would Basicly work by using a combination of filling the hole with pressure and using gravity generators to keep the oil in line.

As for chemicals Lexdord's oil extractors dont require chemicals nor water  to operate at all, it only needs power as the chemicals would both be harmful and eventully expensive to make.

The reason for the oil in the first place is actully to grow a certian crystalline plant known as Buborium which just happens to grow best and in greatest quality when grown in oil.

Usally it would require a carbon rich pach of dirt.

Basicly its used to ether power things, it happens to also be a main ingredient for powerful rocket fuel

And it can be used to make bombs.

On a smaller note its used in potions and has regular demand for those that use it.

I made the bio for buborioum months ago but I cant find it...

If this is something you are genuinely interested in doing this, I am willing to discuss the process IC. It is a curious route to take and would be interesting to see what your character(s) could present to GK Primera.

26 minutes ago, notmuch_23 said:

Does this mean there are companies in Renovatio that produce petroleum refinement equipment and offshore drilling platforms? I have a character that wants to build a refinery on Ursa Madeum and may find the larger oilfield offshore that the House Uldwar oil sites may be drawing from.

Perhaps! No one has really presented this idea to me before and I am pretty open to pursuing it!

On 7/31/2018 at 4:54 PM, Aleksei said:

If this is something you are genuinely interested in doing this, I am willing to discuss the process IC. It is a curious route to take and would be interesting to see what your character(s) could present to GK Primera.

Perhaps! No one has really presented this idea to me before and I am pretty open to pursuing it!

Ok

I would like to talk about it soon

On 8/2/2018 at 5:32 PM, Aleksei said:

Absolutely! Let me know when and where and I'll be there.

Tommorow or in about 5 hours cuz I may not be able to go on my phone at any other time 

Or maybe in an hour

I wont be online any other time.

Edited by Hurttoto

On 2/17/2019 at 9:42 AM, supernal said:

I made a museum in ursa madeum and I want to feature a piece from each continent. Is there art or an artist I can reference for renovatio?

There is! Albert Speer is by far one of the more influential individuals in Renovatio's lore. He has created a variety of paintings, sculptures (Heaven's Gate the most notable), and written countless sacred texts. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.