Csl

Ursa Madeum Noble Houses OOC

8 hours ago, KittyvonCupcake said:

With Taen's popping up in UM, would that make native magic stronger? So essentially I could say that Taen's Loci has an influence on Vesper's or Merida's  magic? (to name two noble magic users from off the top of my head)

8 hours ago, Ataraxy said:

You should ask this very important lore question in the AMA lol 

But yeah. It's basically just there to counter the magic dampening in Terrenus and give me an excuse to use Taen specific magics outside the P-dimension lol 

So it's not like your power is boosted beyond the norm or anything. It's just not dampened since the "source" of magic energy is different than the rest of Terrenus. But step out of UM, and suddenly your max building busting is limited to room busting like the mainland. 

What he said, yes.

Taen's magic will also tend to favor/boost magic that deals with the interdimensional (making portals, controlling energy, breaking fundamental laws of physics, gravity manipulation) and nature/life (healing, plant/animal growth, animal shapeshifting, etc.)

So, if the date listed before each thread is considered the starting point for that thread, I would say then that the Karradeen establishment thread is technically incorrect then. Generally I had it figured (and was mentioned in the OOC before somewhere, but I'm sure it is hopelessly buried by now) that the thread ended on July 30th, with that last post being Tynes arriving in Gold Harbor in anticipation of participating in the ANT thread a few days later on August 2nd. 

I don't have a specific start date in my own personal timeline, so I'll say the first post occurs June 10th.

I had to leave enough time for travel, as sail-powered ships + driving means I need weeks and weeks of time for Abigail to have traveled from Gold Harbor to Norkotia City and back.

6 minutes ago, Tyler said:

So, if the date listed before each thread is considered the starting point for that thread, I would say then that the Karradeen establishment thread is technically incorrect then. Generally I had it figured (and was mentioned in the OOC before somewhere, but I'm sure it is hopelessly buried by now) that the thread ended on July 30th, with that last post being Tynes arriving in Gold Harbor in anticipation of participating in the ANT thread a few days later on August 2nd. 

I don't have a specific start date in my own personal timeline, so I'll say the first post occurs June 10th.

I had to leave enough time for travel, as sail-powered ships + driving means I need weeks and weeks of time for Abigail to have traveled from Gold Harbor to Norkotia City and back.

No problemo. I don't mind backdating the thread a little. 

For the future, how the timeline works is that threads are canonized by their start date (date of first post). If you want it backdated or forwarddated (?), let me know in the canonization summary or in the PM you send when you're submitting something for canonization. I think that should be a good system to make it work. 

I figured I'd put this up here first. Is there anyone that would be interested in playing a member of the Kholin honorguard? The list of current members can be found here. Beyond the names, nothing is set in stone as far as the characters themselves go. Feel free to shoot me a PM or post on my profile, if you are.

I've researched a lot of things for forum roleplaying, but I never thought I'd be watching an old tutorial video from the University of Leeds on how to use an analog theodolite.

If Thurgood and Aveline like building these big projects though, they'd better learn too, and get one, aling with a distance wheel, a surveying chain, some sighting poles, and a tripod.

4 minutes ago, notmuch_23 said:

I've researched a lot of things for forum roleplaying, but I never thought I'd be watching an old tutorial video from the University of Leeds on how to use an analog theodolite.

If Thurgood and Aveline like building these big projects though, they'd better learn too, and get one, aling with a distance wheel, a surveying chain, some sighting poles, and a tripod.

An analog theodolite? Woah! 👀 My dad's in the business of geodetic surveying, so he makes use of these irl, though he uses the modern electronic theodolite, of course 😂 seeing some in use over in UM--or anywhere at all--would make me a very happy camper

Edited by vielle

1 minute ago, notmuch_23 said:

Oh, wow, so Thurgood and Aveline's work will probably be very sloppy compared to your dad's, mainly because they don't have much experience.

'Tis a learning experience, at least; the evolution of using theodolites for all sorts of professions in UM should be a fun topic to explore 😊